Will you buy all the dlc?

synce

I noticed there's like $60 worth of DLC for NG3 already with more to come. Who's planning on buying everything Tecmo locks out of DOA5 no matter what?

I want to know who to hate.

Arnell Long

Depends on what it is, but for the most part I'll be buying everything DOA5 has to offer. Just hope they're smarter than Capcom and not bullshit us, but other than that, Team Ninja can have have my money. (o^_^o)

PhoenixVFIRE

$60 worth of DLC on NG3? Is that like altogether with the game or separate from the game?!?!?another $60? wtf? I suppose it depends on the content...but they better not go crazy with DLC(to me it's such a cheap shot for more money on crap we should have anyway) I believe DLC should be things that are new.
Ex: Our game has hit the market and is going good! Wait guys I have an idea(that was not even a twinkle in my eye before the game was released)! Let's make more stages/costumes/music/accessories(in case we get a little customizing :D)

See? that's new and not part of the original game...meaning I would pay for it...

Keylay

Ninja Gaiden 3 has $20 of DLC. Two ninja packs that add new weapons (claws and scythe) for multiplayer, missions, and accessories for $10 each. You can download the weapons for story mode for free. And there's a bug that if you only buy the claws for multiplayer ($3), you'll get all of the mission packs for it. I'm not sure if it works for the scythe.

If they add more VF characters as DLC, I'll get that. I consider them extra and not something that was going to be in the game if they decide to charge for them. Other than that, I think costumes are the only other DLC I'd get.

Gill Hustle

Depends.

With SSF4 I wanted EVERYTHING, cuz it was SSF4.

But with DOA if it's costumes I'll be character specific unless some characters I don't use have something really nice.

Paying for characters is BS and should not be allowed imo.

Keylay

Depends.

With SSF4 I wanted EVERYTHING, cuz it was SSF4.

But with DOA if it's costumes I'll be character specific unless some characters I don't use have something really nice.

Paying for characters is BS and should not be allowed imo.

Do you use most of the Street Fighter characters? I hate the way Capcom does DLC. If you wanted to buy all of the costumes right now, it would cost $48.50 for the three costumes packs. More than the game itself. I'm glad they had character packs. And I hate the fact that they'll release the discount pack at the end. All the costumes are done when the game is released.

Gill Hustle

Do you use most of the Street Fighter characters? I hate the way Capcom does DLC. If you wanted to buy all of the costumes right now, it would cost $48.50 for the three costumes packs. More than the game itself. I'm glad they had character packs. And I hate the fact that they'll release the discount pack at the end. All the costumes are done when the game is released.

At the time I really wasn't buying DLC for games except map packs for Halo and GOW, but SF was my fave franchise so that's why. I'm familiar enough with the whole cast, so putting X character in a cool costume is fun for casuals.

I'm tempted for DOA, but BS costumes like Scuba Bayman aren't really a priority to me.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
i have a feeling ein will be DLC .. >__> ... just a feeling ... (since he didnt turn up in the demo file)

if they add more VF characters .. then .. hell yeah!! (kage and wolf plz thx bai :p)

costumes ? .. ofcourse .. but i really hope theres acctually enough costumes in the game and not just the dumb 6

would be awesome as well to have some classical music packs ... from older DOAs .. :D

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor

It's not much different from the arcade which requires you to pay for an id card to insert into the cabinet and then your match record will unlock a character's costume, taunt, or color as you raise their bp. By default it's $1 per play, unless you keep winning against the opponent.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I will buy any content worth my time. Stages, characters, and costumes for characters I like. Music and modes can fuck off. I do not like the concept of DLC characters but would buy them if they were not palette swaps. Ein gets a pass.

HokutoNoBen

If nothing else, I hope that the recent fiasco revolving around SFxT, along with Harada's recent proclamation regarding DLC and TTT2 (where DLC will be reserved for "premium content" like costumes), will further deter Tecmo Koei and Hayashi from pressuring Shimbori and his crew to do anything akin to locking out characters through DLC. Especially if this is the time where they want to build up good will, not tear it down.

Costume packs, remixed music tracks, extra system voices and the like are the only things I would consider buying for DLC. And if the prices are fair, I'll consider buying them.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I'd buy a music pack for versus mode seeing that it'd be too much to fit on the disc. It would just randomize the music iteration you stated in the options: DOA1, DOA++, DOA2, DOA2 Remix, DOA3, DOA4, all or DOA5. Perhaps even select which from that library to randomize.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I'd rather not see a bunch of different, small pieces of DLC and would prefer a single expansion pack to come out at a later date that would add a little bit of everything (costumes, stages, maybe even characters). I think it'd be a much better and consistent experience for fans that are still playing down the line.

Allan Paris

I really want them to go old school and give me everything on the damn disc I am going to spend $60 plus tax for (possibly more if they hit us with a collector's edition DOA5). The only dlc I like is for free and if it ain't free it ain't for me.

I'd rather not see a bunch of different, small pieces of DLC and would prefer a single expansion pack to come out at a later date that would add a little bit of everything (costumes, stages, maybe even characters). I think it'd be a much better and consistent experience for fans that are still playing down the line.

I wouldn't mind this idea at all. This is fair even though I'd like it to be all there when I get the game.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD