Community Winners Announced For FSD Last Round Photo Contest

As Team NINJA announced its Halloween Designer Challenge 2015 contest, we have the winners for Free Step Dodge's first Last Round Photo contest. It was very fun to see everyone's submissions, and the top placing screenshots were very tough to judge. It is because of such a great turnout that Team NINJA has helped provide some additional prizes to the Top 3.

First Place wins the following:
  • Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (Steam version)
  • Steam DLC: Variety Costume Pack
    • 10 Sexy Bunny costumes
    • 10 Overalls costumes
    • 10 Bath & Bedtime costumes
    • 30 Ninja Clan costumes (Vol. 1-3)
    • 8 Showstoppers Encore costumes
  • Steam DLC: Pre-purchase Reward Set
    • Currently cannot be purchased otherwise
    • 4 Ninja 2015 costumes
    • 4 Beach Party costumes
    • 4 Aloha costumes
@panicitstylor
The Birth of Alpha
dead-or-alive-5-ultimate-screen-shot-3-27-15-5-30-pm-png.9810

Judges Comments:
This is a very powerful screenshot, and it makes me want to like ALPHA-152 even more. It is a great idea, has great picture timing, with a very nice color scheme. Additionally, it's great to see utilization of the camera tilt function to enhance the picture composition. It was very creative to utilize a system bug to create such an effect that is typically reserved for post-production changes.

Second Place wins the following:
  • Steam DLC: Variety Costume Pack
    • 10 Sexy Bunny costumes
    • 10 Overalls costumes
    • 10 Bath & Bedtime costumes
    • 30 Ninja Clan costumes (Vol. 1-3)
    • 8 Showstoppers Encore costumes
Judges Comments:
This piece had nice colors, cool composition, and it was a great look for Phase 4. She looks so soft, yet strong and dynamic with a beautiful glow to her. The action feels real with such a great use of the lighting being captured. The lighting is really what put this one over top of third place, as I look at it I can't strike why I'm enamored by it precisely but the piece as a whole speaks to me. Bravo.

Third place was actually a list of heated discussions between the judges. They couldn't honestly pick a solid third placer. Since I honestly have enough keys to give out for it, and I love you all so much, the third place is tied among four entrants. That's right: A four-way tie for third. Each of these placers will receive the following:
@Xion Malice
Rachel Catches Ryu With The Mistress
dead-or-alive-5-last-round__1-jpg.9837

Judges Comments:
It's a funny picture, and poor Helena being caught between a heel and a hard place. It's a cool idea with great picture timing. It has a nice color scheme so the photographer clearly matched outfits. It is also great to see utilization of the underrated Tag system.

@DoANoob
Motion's Crystallization
l878oTY.jpg

Judges Comments:
Beautiful idea with great picture timing, composition, and color scheme. I really like the idea of the piece, but the angle or stage could have been the thing to push it over the tipping point as you can't really see Raidou too well in it.

@Tulkas
Sho...ryuken!
img_20131128_182723-jpg.10388

Judges Comments:
Epic. Great camera angle in my opinion. Great use of camera tilting to get a good picture composition. Another picture that may have been better if the receiving character and stage were telling a story a bit better.

@batcatowl
Tina!!!
TYWDEwo.jpg

Judges Comments:
A great picture that really tells a story. It has a way of setting a nice mood to the situation. I know that Bass is about to toss his daughter away, but the shot taken here literally looks like he's picking up his daughter's destroyed body as she lost a hard fought match. The use of the phrase Burning Point helps ask if Bass is now reached a tipping point over what caused such a calamity. Had the shot been a little better angled with potential costume changes it may had helped this photo put itself over the rest.

Congratulations to all of the winners. I will be sending a private conversation to each of you with your Steam Keys over the week.

Last edited:
Congratulations to all the winners and even to the rest of partecipants, personally I saw so much creativity in the thread from many users, great job for a great initiative ;)

Of course thanks even to FSD and to Team NINJA for making possible it =)

Damn the winners were 6 not 1? Didn't even make it to top 6 I am so salty then lol
Half of the winners contain Kasumi *takes notes in case of future contests*

Congratulations to all the winners. All the winners except Motion's Crystallization and Tina!!!, sorry but those two are fucking terrible lol

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD