DOA5LR Winter Brawl 9 set to be played on PlayStation 4

Eric Small of @BigE Gaming recently made an announcement on Facebook that the next big DOA5 event, Winter Brawl 9, will be played on PlayStation 4. Previously, Dead or Alive 5 Last Round was set to play on the PlayStation 3 so this is an interesting change as it sets the tone for the first Last Round tournament event.

Winter Brawl 9 will be taking place on February 20th to the 22nd at the Clarion Hotel & Conference Center (76 Industrial Airport, Essington, PA 19029). Be sure to pre-register for the event if you'd like to participate in the first Dead or Alive 5 Last Round major tournament. High pre-registration numbers determine not only the pool sizes and times, but also the streamers and stream times for the game. Help the community by getting Last Round shown off on the big stage.

104690b.jpg

Edit: It's been said by @Katsu Hayami that the TitanOne converter has worked well for him and his Qanba Q4, modded Qanba Q4, PlayStation 3 Controller, and PlayStation 4 controller. You can find more information on this converter here. The only concerns at this time with the converter is that lag tests haven't been formally performed, and you have to resync the converter every 8 minutes due to PlayStation system security.

Last edited:
Sucks for those who are going to have to buy a new stick for a console they don't even have just to play it there. Even GG is played on PS3 at the moment.. and that console has sticks that are BOTH compatible with the PS3 and the PS4.

It was inevitable. Everyone knows the migration was going to happen, its just starting to happen a little sooner than some are comfortable with. The growing pains will fade in time.

Getting really close to finishing up this peripheral. May have it done by tomorrow, even.

You can always try the Match 4 converter from Japan.

http://www.match4newconsole.com/

What's the consensus on this converter? I don't want to get one if it will just get banned or is really laggy, etc. Also, do these work on sticks? I'd rather use a converter than tri-mod my stick.

It's the most popular system by far. I really don't know why you guys were expecting anything else.

I'm just annoyed that I have to mod/use a converter before any decent ones are out. I don't want my stick to be gimped suddenly playing the same game I've played the last couple of years and I refuse to buy a new stick for a console I don't own just to play the exact same game I've always played.

Working on that peripheral still.

Getting some of that tacky...sticky... crap from the store tomorrow so I can do some test runs without permanent fuck-uppery involved. Have to make sure it actually feels good before I apply the real adhesive.

Initial concept, placement not perfect. Accuracy on the inside of the D-pad is nearly flawless, however the outside of the D-pad is insensitive and therefore shitty for hitting diagonals. By inserting a small piece in the center of the dpad crater as a medium for contact, this ensures better accuracy.

Photo01132216.jpg
Photo01132216_1.jpg
Photo01132217.jpg
Photo01132218.jpg

With Cyber on this one but I can't really complain. With the PS3 being the main console of last gen, I'm not surprised at all.

Well, probably time to invest in a stick x.x

I posted this in the fightstick thread, but I feel these services would be useful given the situation presented here. This is good for anyone looking to get their sticks modded for next-gen compatibility:

http://www.gummowned.com/
http://www.vickomods.com/

Gummo can add compatibility for Xbox1 and PS4 to existing sticks, while Vicko can add Xbox1 compatibility. Gummo also appears to mod controllers based on the products he sells, but I'm not sure what types of services he provides when it comes to modding controllers (his contact email can be found on his website). Vicko also sells pre-modded sticks for those interested. Both modders are well-known in the FGC, so they're legit.

The problem is that your preference isn't shared by everyone. Choosing a console over another always pisses someone off.

Then I guess the best solution would be to have both consoles available so that everyone can play on their preferred console. If a tournament has KI2013 on their list of games, an XB1 is going to be there. If whomever brings their console doesn't mind people using it for other games, such as DOA5 Last Round, then that should solve the problem right?

Then I guess the best solution would be to have both consoles available so that everyone can play on their preferred console. If a tournament has KI2013 on their list of games, an XB1 is going to be there. If whomever brings their console doesn't mind people using it for other games, such as DOA5 Last Round, then that should solve the problem right?

No, because when my preference clashes with my opponents preference you have a situation with no compromise. So that solves nothing.

The solution is to pick a standard and stick with it. The person who doesn't have their preference being catered to simply sucks it up and finds their own personal solution, be it converter or stick.

Part of the reason we want to migrate over to PC is so we can easily use everything. But there are hurdles involved with that. Costly hurdles. First we need to see whether or not that version is even stable.

It's the most popular system by far. I really don't know why you guys were expecting anything else.

I'm personally working on a peripheral to increase DS4 D-pad accuracy, rather than complaining. It has the workings of a good pad, but its center of accuracy is too focused.
There is the PC version. If someone could bring one to tourneys, then having to decide on a console wouldn't be a problem. The only issue is if anyone is willing to bring one.

There is the PC version. If someone could bring one to tourneys, then having to decide on a console wouldn't be a problem. The only issue is if anyone is willing to bring one.

It's not an issue of bringing one.

It's an issue of bringing 6-8.

We don't run tournaments on one system... we would never finish.

And decent gaming rigs are a good bit more expensive than consoles. So the cost in acquiring several dedicated to this purpose is.... significant. Regardless, solutions may present themselves. First we need to see how stable it is, and how well it can run on lower specs. Then it may become feasible to start coming up with solutions.

It's not an issue of bringing one.

It's an issue of bringing 6-8.

We don't run tournaments on one system... we would never finish.

And decent gaming rigs are a good bit more expensive than consoles. So the cost in acquiring several dedicated to this purpose is.... significant. Regardless, solutions may present themselves. First we need to see how stable it is, and how well it can run on lower specs. Then it may become feasible to start coming up with solutions.
Thank you for perfectly encapsulating why I hate PC gaming.

I knew this was inevitable! I am going to Mod my current 360 Doa5 Arcade stick so that it is both compatible with PS4 and XBOX ONE

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD