World Warriors: a look at the life of a pro fighting gamer

Gill Hustle

Okay so it seems with the last couple of DOA5 tournaments attendance has been picking up nicely. But what if it got to the point where our little tribe started crossing overseas to participate? Let's have a look at how things are done in some of the other communities:

The life of a professional fighting gamer is mystical and alluring. These world warriors get to travel the globe in search of their next opponent to rush down. Sponsored partially or in full, they cross continents to defend their honour at competitive gaming events. Along the way they encounter new friends and foes, they explore new cultures and taste new food and drink. The chance to travel is coveted by many stuck in their jail cells of office cubicles; the chance to do what you love, and to subsist off it, is rarer still. But still you wonder – is being a world warrior, a competitive fighting game, all it’s cracked up to be? Beyond the Kuwaiti tea, the Japanese ramen, and the American fried chicken, is this really worth it? Read on below.

http://robotsgonebad.com/2013/03/world-warriors-a-look-at-the-life-of-a-pro-fighting-gamer/

shunwong

Very good read

I will follow his advice and will NOT even try to be a top player

Daigo is lucky I read this

Zeo

Incredible read and an eye opener. I always somewhat yearned for a life like this with fighting games. But there are so many things to experience in life as well. I don't think this could be my whole life.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD