Would you be ok with a DOA5 Expansion game?

Would you welcome an expansion?

• Yes

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters

WebHead

first of all im not a retard, I know im making a lot of threads but this is a topic that has to be discussed ok?

I see a lot of kids don't like it when companies like capcom make Super Street Fighter 4 and Ultimate MVC3 months after the games released.

I dont think its a bad thing.

Look at UMVC3 now, its so boring, not being updated with new content, therefor me and a bunch of other people stopped playing it. Its a really good game worth learning and becoming pro at.

I think every 8 - 12 months its not a bad thing to release a new expansion pack to the game. Its better than nothing bro. If UMVC3two was coming out I'd buy it. They still have a shit load of characters to add: Venom, daredevil, cyclops, zangief, guile, green goblin, DOCTOR OCTAVIUS!

Remember DOA4? Dont you think something would have been better than nothing for 7 years?

So if they made a DOA5 expansion pack 8 months from now with: Leon, Ein, Tengu, 2 new characters, Tag mode, tag mode ranked, tag mode tag, tag mode mode, mode tag tag, ranked lobbies better netcode, new costumes, stages...

would you be angry or happy?

Sett

Sett doesn't buy rereleases, only FIFA is allowed to do that.

For DOA, no fucking way, I've spent far to much money on it. If you release a game you release it fully, that's the Tekken way. Can't believe people are lapping super versions up. They're just turning what would be a £12 DLC into a £40 game.

Justice

It's not the updated versions so much as having to pay full price for a patched game.

And no, I wouldn't buy it either.

Batcommander

Hell no, they need to fix the original game, and learn something from Capcom's poor business practices in the last couple of years. I believe UMVC3 did not fare as well financially as they had hoped, especially since they released it the same bloody year the original game came out -_-.

shunwong

If DOA5 becomes a very big hit then yes, there might be DOA5 Ultimate, Extended or whatever with time. It would be cool if both versions were compatible in the same way SSF4 and SSF4AE are if that happens.

Master Ari

I have every single BlazBlue game, but to be honest, the entire series, from start to finish, was a joy to play
(although I have to admit ... even if I was mad sometimes that I had to buy the game over and over and over again).

but the thing you said about doa4...
I would have rather bought a big patch of doa4 (let's call it "Dead or Alive 4-2") than doa5

phoenix1985gr

I have every single BlazBlue game, but to be honest, the entire series, from start to finish, was a joy to play
(although I have to admit ... even if I was mad sometimes that I had to buy the game over and over and over again).

but the thing you said about doa4...
I would have rather bought a big patch of doa4 (let's call it "Dead or Alive 4-2") than doa5

Why?

Roroko

If they started doing that, I wouldn't even buy DoA6 if they ever make it because I would assume an updated version would be released.

Master Ari

not because I don't like doa5, but because I think doa4 was almost perfect.
think about it like this: some of us have been played doa4 for almost 7 years
and instead of always making a new doa game every 2 years I would prefer some improvements to the game instead.
I think if you have a great fighting game thst can last forever because everything is nearly perfect balanced and still super hard to master then there is no actual reason to bring out a new game in just 2 years.
better focus on making the game even more perfect.
but of course i don't want to buy the same game over and over again
now, come to think of it... I don't see any reason (exept that tn will lose a lot of money)why they could not add all the things WebHead said with a later update

MaxwellMouse

I am not a fan of frequent updates. That changes the balance and meta game too often. Give the game time to grow. UMC3 is fine right now and I doubt it will ever get an update. I am not agianst a big patch or two for DOA5 depending on what they change. I am fine with this. Not to mention having to pay for all the updates when I don't like DLC in general.

Ghosty-J

I'd be completely fine with a re-release if it weren't for the $60 worth of overpriced DLC.
A free patch is more than welcome, but an entirely new game at this point would piss everyone off. Seeing as a neutral party can't cast a vote, I'll just leave the polls alone.

loralei

At first no. Then considering that it's a DoA game and then hear everyone talk about it so much I'd give in. Like Ghosty-J says, I'd be part of the people that would be pissed off if a new game was released.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD