Xbox One cant play online or training mode!

CheekyChi

Since Thursday I haven't been able to play online OR free training mode. Everytime I select one of these modes the game crashes and forces me out to the Xbox one dash board. I've also noticed that my online rank had been rest to LR although my record (number of fights, wins, etc) are still there.

It usually takes me 5-7 minutes from selecting my profile to the main menu screen.

Is this normal? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Ufle

yes,it happened to me too.i have doa5 lr on both console (ps4,one),the online on xbox one is very bad and so much laggy,on ps4 is much better.they need to fix xbox one issues and improve the netcode.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
I've also noticed that my online rank had been rest to LR although my record (number of fights, wins, etc) are still there.

This occures on the PS4 too, but it just means that the game data is not synchronized with TN's servers when the game was started. Once you enter the online mode (that means you've selected Online in the main menu), your ranking will be refreshed and should be shown correctly.

CheekyChi

I am uncertain of your problem...

I played on Xbox one and I can access Online and Training mode freely :S

I could before. But after the March update, I'm unable to. I think its because I've set training mode to receive throw downs so its like what online mode? I've emailed team ninja and they've even asked for my console id... Hopefully there's a fix.

Update: Yep just tried again and wouldn't let me play them.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I could before. But after the March update, I'm unable to. I think its because I've set training mode to receive throw downs so its like what online mode? I've emailed team ninja and they've even asked for my console id... Hopefully there's a fix.

Update: Yep just tried again and wouldn't let me play them.
Have you tried turning off Throwdowns? I recall that sometimes caused glitches like freezing before.

When that's on its constantly trying to search for ranked online opponants, and rank still crashes from time to time, so that might be your best best I never use throwdowns as I mainly only ever play lobbies

CheekyChi

Well the
Have you tried turning off Throwdowns? I recall that sometimes caused glitches like freezing before.

When that's on its constantly trying to search for ranked online opponants, and rank still crashes from time to time, so that might be your best best I never use throwdowns as I mainly only ever play lobbies

I remember that and v1.01a is supposed to fix that. Also I can't turn throw downs off because it crashed when I select "Free training" or "online mode" from the main menu. I've always used throw downs since the 1.01a patch.

CheekyChi

Update: From one of the replies, someone said my profile was out of sync with the server is why my track was rest. I tried to view leader board in the hope this will refresh my rank and hopefully fix my issue. Instead as soon as I select leaderboard from the main menu the game crashes. I think any online activity is crashing my game. I've also reinstalled the game but that had made no difference. I'm beginning to think my profile has been corrupted somehow and I might need to delete my game save and start from scratch without importing my 360 game save.

I don't think its the console because I've played alot of Titanfall this weekend and experienced no problems in regards to online multiplayer.

CheekyChi

Reinstall has not worked. Deleting game save has not worked. What bad timing, all I've been able to play is command training and combo challenges. Feel like I'm going to be massively unprepared for Sakura fight fest

CheekyChi

Well, the good news is that one day I managed to get past the training menu and turn off throw downs so now I can at least do free practice. But the game still crashes and when 1.02 update came out, I was hoping it'd fix the issue. No luck.

I reached out to MS for support as well and they got me jumping through hoops to try fixing this. I've deleted my gamertag data on my HDD, deleted DoA5LR (game + save + DLC) and nothing has resolved this issue. I did get replies from Team Ninja support at first but now even they've gone silent! I'm convinced it's an issue with the game and not MS although I do see some people playing online still. I just wish I could play. I did win a PS4 code for the game so I might jump ship to PS4 just to play DoA but that's going to be expensive.

PS: anyone got the Xbox One season pass (ninja outfit) and want to trade it for the PS4 version?

CheekyChi

So I've finally got a reply from team ninja support after sending them a "strong"email. Apparently they plan to submit a patch to Microsoft next week for this issue. This is great news as I'm just about burnt out chasing them for answers. I will now patiently await for this patch. Hopefully I can play some online games soon!

HaKaShU

It really sounds like this affects select people. I have Last Round on both Xbox One and PS4 and I've run into little issues with the Xbox One version after the initial patch that stopped the freezing and loud buzzing noise when the game crashes. I played for an hour or two online yesterday with no issues. I think I probably played like 20 online matches with no issues.

The majority if not all my matches are through throwdowns while either sitting in training mode or versus mode against a CPU. The PS4 version has only given me trouble in finding rank matches. I can never find matches if I sit in training mode with throwdowns on. I also have trouble finding matches if I search. My NAT type is open on Xbox One and it is Type-2 on PS4.

I really hope that the patch fixes your issues CheekyChi. It seems like the Xbox One version is somewhat thriving online so I hope it stays that way even after Mortal Kombat launches. Still just by looking at leaderboards it looks like PS4 has a bigger install base.

CheekyChi

Yep only afew are affected post 1.02. The initial patch fixed the problem for me but when the March update hit I couldn't play anymore. I don't want to abandon the Xbox side because if we want to grow the community, we shouldn't favour one console over the other. If both consoles have a prominent presence then we are maximising our community instead of locking it to one console and pc.

CheekyChi

Yeah.... so... I still can't play online. No word from TK about the "update". However, the PS3/4 version of the new costumes are being delayed... could it be they're busy fixing my version?! Haha probably not. The launch of DoA5LR has been abysmal. I really hope they get their act together, I love the game but if they're not going to let me play it, then I'm not really going to support a game I've hardly had a chance to experience.

UpSideDownGRUNT

To be fair its only affecting a small number, of people.

I haven't had freezing issues since 1.01 after 1.02 all my freezing issues have gone completely.

I'm able to play any mode and online freely so I have no idea what could be dropping you, can't even suggest region problem because you're in the same country as me its weird.

CheekyChi

To be fair its only affecting a small number, of people.

That doesn't really make it ok though. Like you, I've paid them for the game. I have a right to expect a fully working game.

I haven't had freezing issues since 1.01 after 1.02 all my freezing issues have gone completely.

It was the same for me, I don't know what happened. It just suddenly stopped working for me.

I'm able to play any mode and online freely so I have no idea what could be dropping you, can't even suggest region problem because you're in the same country as me its weird.

I know some people can play. I got people on my friends list still playing so it's very frustrating that I can't join them. I couldn't even practice properly for Sakura Fight Festa - this problem has been with me for nearly a month now.

HaKaShU

Have you tried making another user on your PS4 and testing to see if it will let you play? Maybe you could invite over a friend and have them log in and see if it really is your user or your console.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD