Xbox vs PS3(DOA5 Online Population).

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I'm curious about rather the 360 version, or PS3 version has more players online constantly. Obviously I expect the 360 to have more players since I know the DOA community is bigger than the PS3 since previous titles were xbox only. But I also know they both have there share of casual players and casual fans of fighting games in general. I'm just tired of the lack of finding people online at night. I'm considering getting a xbox 360 again just to be able to play more players/better players and also hoping xbox online is more better for me than psn.

At night I find nothing but Japanese, Korean and HKG lobbies. Which most of the time runs better for me than the U.S ones anyway. It just would be nicer to run into more NA lobbies, or more lobbies in general. Even rank match take extra longer to find someone and that's if it even finds someone. I personally gave up on rank. Got tired of waiting forever for a match just to find out that my connection with the player is crap. Not to mention even pre match when it shows the connection status it's pointless for the most part since I've played people with one bars that run better than people with full bars and vice versa. I remember in DOAU/DOA4 no matter how long you was up finding people to play was pretty easy. Is it still like this on xbl?

shunwong

For me it's easier to find people in Simple Match on XBL. Ranked is both harder to find and full of crappy connections.

Ace Flibble

As I understand it, the PS3 version is doing better business overall, though that is mostly thanks to the huge PS3 install base (or rather, tiny 360 install base) in Japan and it's of little indication of how many regular online players each version has.

The main thing with the two versions is the 360 version appears to run very, very fractionally faster (I've heard a difference of merely 1fps, a few people saying 2fps) and it's typically a given that with any multiplatform game the 360's netcode will be better; though given how dodgy DOA5's is anyway, I doubt this counts for much. Also, the few tournaments I've seen crop up so far have all supported the 360 version. I would hazard a guess that even if the PS3 is the busier platform right now, within a month or so it'll swing the other way as the short-term players drop off and the fanbase defaults back to the 360.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Well I'm not asking which version of the game is more popular I'm asking which version of the game are you likely to find more players online. Doesn't matter if it's during the day or at night. Will you still be able to find people online on xbl from 12 midnight to 6am? Because on PSN you don't find any lobbies at late night unless it's in Asia(since it's early there when late here). Same goes for rank/simple matches.

synce

When the game first came out I ran a search for NA lobbies on both versions and got like 5 results on PS3 compared to 20+ on 360. If you live in Japan or maybe Europe it's probably different

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD