"You'll never be alone again, Mathilda." [Mila General Discussion]

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I feel about Mila like I feel about every character. I hate fighting them all online. Without being able to punish, and react to stuff you can just abuse stuff online. Besides a lot of online players moan because they don't know sh** about the game because all they do is play online and base things off of that.

Yaguar

I don't really get much hate for playing Mila but when I do I like to collect their tears in a little jar. I'm collecting them up so I can have a river.

Honestly sometimes bits (like TD) can be annoying but they shouldn't be giving out to you for it. At the end of the day you're using the tools you have at hand and it is part of the game. Jeff nailed it head on, ignore them (or collect their tears).

shinryu

Online is epic buttonsmashy horseshit about 80% of the time in my experience. Seriously, you can't hope to play any character as intended online. I got tooled by a Mila mashing 6pp that I could never interrupt on block and came back and beat her with nothing but 3f+k the next round, completely fucking stupid. Between the lag and the shitty level of play online (due to the lag to a large extent, obviously) I actually don't think online is worth bothering with even for what passes for fun from it. The rare playable fight isn't worth the ten bullshit bukkake festivals in between.

HiguraShiki

I feel about Mila like I feel about every character. I hate fighting them all online. Without being able to punish, and react to stuff you can just abuse stuff online. Besides a lot of online players moan because they don't know sh** about the game because all they do is play online and base things off of that.
React to what? TD? TD is easy to break out of in lag. That basically eliminates her main tool when fighting her. Everything else is obvious strings that are easy to hold.
@Shinryu: Maybe you were just trying to constantly use a high crush attack. Mila's 6P is a fast move but not her fastest and there are many characters that can beat out that mid. Now against high crush moves, yea obviously 6P is going to beat it.

shinryu

Wait, 6p beats high crush moves? What the fuck? Her 12 frame mid beats high crush moves? I was trying to use 6p myself, I doubt that was the problem, but it really does duck high crush moves? What kind of fucked up property is that?

HiguraShiki

Wait, 6p beats high crush moves? What the fuck? Her 12 frame mid beats high crush moves? I was trying to use 6p myself, I doubt that was the problem, but it really does duck high crush moves? What kind of fucked up property is that?
It doesnt duck high crush moves.... I was trying to say if you attempt to do a high crush move, Mila's 6P will beat it because it's a mid punch....

shinryu

Not at -11 it shouldn't. I should be able to launch with 33p if I got it off on first frame, let alone use 9k or something like that. That's my point, I could block 6pp and still get fucked by another 6pp right afterwards regardless of what I input. It's just lag bullshit due to the incompetent netcode.

HiguraShiki

Not at -11 it shouldn't. I should be able to launch with 33p if I got it off on first frame, let alone use 9k or something like that. That's my point, I could block 6pp and still get fucked by another 6pp right afterwards regardless of what I input. It's just lag bullshit due to the incompetent netcode.
Nah dude, like you said it's definitely your Mexican internet. 6PP shouldn't even be able to connect if you try to do P.

shinryu

Well, technically they had the Mexican internet, not me (it's KOF, come on, the stereotype is actually true in that case), but that's the other half of the problem, isn't it? Even if you're hardwired into a T3 the other guy's trying to run a phone modem with two tin cans.

HiguraShiki

Well, technically they had the Mexican internet, not me (it's KOF, come on, the stereotype is actually true in that case), but that's the other half of the problem, isn't it? Even if you're hardwired into a T3 the other guy's trying to run a phone modem with two tin cans.
HAHAHA! Nice one, that was actually pretty funny. :cool:

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
React to what? TD? TD is easy to break out of in lag. That basically eliminates her main tool when fighting her. Everything else is obvious strings that are easy to hold..

You do realize it's best to not get put in a TD at all, right? And you do realize in lag no matter how much you see it coming you going to get caught in it(99% of the time), right? Oh, and you do know nothing is easy to hold online, right? Because I hope you're talking about online because DOA5 online is crap.

Jefffcore

P+K works pretty well on people holding after the break. It's mid so it doesn't matter if they hold mid or low and it hits the recovery of the holds. It'll hit the end of a SS too. Unfortunately you can't get a 3H+K, if they SE. :p

Makes me feel a little better about people breaking it.

HiguraShiki

You do realize it's best to not get put in a TD at all, right? And you do realize in lag no matter how much you see it coming you going to get caught in it(99% of the time), right? Oh, and you do know nothing is easy to hold online, right? Because I hope you're talking about online because DOA5 online is crap.
Actually, in lag it is even easier to break the TD setup. And I dono about you, but when I am pulling a string and everything goes in slow motion, it's mighty easy to get held. The online isn't great, but it isn't all BS. Half the people just get caught in shit they could have avoided then blame it on the lag because they don't want to admit they screwed up.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
No. It is all BS. And it's not always easy to break. If the game isn't reading your input (you pressing the button to break the grab) because how laggy the online is that doesn't make it easy to break. Also breaking Mila grab doesn't always end in your favor which doesn't necessarily help the argument.

HiguraShiki

No. It is all BS. And it's not always easy to break. If the game isn't reading your input (you pressing the button to break the grab) because how laggy the online is that doesn't make it easy to break. Also breaking Mila grab doesn't always end in your favor which doesn't necessarily help the argument.
So you end up either taking a P, 2P, or knee. Big deal, bass can do much better in the 50/50 game. And yes Mila's TD is the easiest grab to break in the game, even if you are great at inputing the grab, you can ask anyone who plays Mila.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
A P that stuns you and lead to a mix up, or a Knee that launch you, and can end in a guaranteed ground grab. Oh Let's not forget you can always go back into her OH as an option. This is why online can't be taken seriously. Also online is why people yell OP(which is what I don't agree with). They need to realize offline is a different ball game.

HiguraShiki

A P that stuns you and lead to a mix up, or a Knee that launch you, and can end in a guaranteed ground grab. Oh Let's not forget you can always go back into her OH as an option. This is why online can't be taken seriously. Also online is why people yell OP(which is what I don't agree with). They need to realize offline is a different ball game.
Online? That has nothing to do with online, that has to do with the character in general. And bass is much better when it comes to the 50/50 game than Mila is, because all of what you stated still doesn't do much damage compared to Bass' 50/50 game. Even if I did that offline people will still freaking complain.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I think you're getting out of point what this discussion is about. I'm saying Mila isn't as good as people make her out to be. I'm saying she only get away with all the stuff people complain about online. Her TD mix up is bad online since you can't react/punish anything. I'm not here to compare her to other characters. That has nothing to do with anything. My point is she is spam friendly online. It's not something you would be able to pull off offline. It would be much more difficult.

HiguraShiki

I think you're getting out of point what this discussion is about. I'm saying Mila isn't as good as people make her out to be. I'm saying she only get away with all the stuff people complain about online. Her TD mix up is bad online since you can't react/punish anything. I'm not here to compare her to other characters. That has nothing to do with anything. My point is she is spam friendly online. It's not something you would be able to pull off offline. It would be much more difficult.
Which is why everytime I fight a person who is actually decent, none of my TD mixup game works more than maybe once or twice. Honestly this online excuse people are throwing out seems to be the fallback excuse for when a person screws up. Not every damn match gets screwed cause of lag.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD