"You'll never be alone again, Mathilda." [Mila General Discussion]

I accept defeat.
Yes, I played again when my mind was clear from the excitement of DoA and have found I mis-recognized 3 moves.

----------------------------------------------------

Something I've been using. All tested on Rig.

All from 4P:
The subsequent 3 strikes' heights can be modified and the combos would still tend to work. These combos have numerous places where the opponent can hold, but that is not easy because you also have numerous mix-ups. For example:

(From 4P)
High, Mid-Punch, Mid-Kick, Mid-Punch
High, Mid-Punch, Mid-Kick, High
MP, MK, L, MP
L, MK, L, H
...and a hell of a lot more.

This is a sample of what you could do.

High, Mid, Low Mix-Up
5P (free-cancelled) [5P], 6P / 4K / 4H+K, 2K,
  • 9K / 2P+K / 6H+K, PPP6P
    • Knocks opponent far away.
  • 9K / 2P+K / 6H+K, PPPP / PPPK,
    • 2H+K
      • PPPK seems to have greater recovery hence timing is stricter compared to PPPP.
    • 2T, PPP / T
  • 6P+K (Critical Burst), 9K / 2P+K / 6H+K, PPP6P
  • 6P+K (Critical Burst), 9K / 2P+K / 6H+K, PPPP / PPPK,
    • 2H+K
      • PPPK seems to have greater recovery hence timing is stricter compared to PPPP.
    • 2T, PPP / T
  • 6P+K (Critical Burst), same as above.
  • 6P+K (Critical Burst), 4P+K (Power Blow)
  • Perhaps using 2H+K as the 5th hit would be useful as well.
Low, Mid, High Mix-Up
2K, 6P / 4K / 4H+K, 4P / 5P,
  • Same as above.
  • From the last 4P you can go into takedown and cancel into knee launcher (4P5K~THK). From there you can:
    • PPP6P
    • PPPP / PPPK
      • 2H+K
      • 2T, PPP / T
  • Also from the last 4P, you can go into takedown (no hit) and/or cancel the takedown. Then proceed with any combo / hold / throw / takedown / guard / sidestep. This is a very tricky reset if they are expecting the above combos. Haven't really tested that out yet though, as the execution is something I'm not yet familiar enough with.
image.png

Jefffcore

not 214P+H ?
Obviously I need to pay more attention to what I'm doing. lol

Edited the first setup of the setups I posted on the last page:
Setups:

- If you're using 3PP to reach CB and they're holding the CB, go for a fully charged 7K. Because they can't hold right away from 3PP, 7K will hit perfectly. If they don't hold you get +15 (though nothing's guaranteed unless you're on a wall). If it hits it maxes out stun threshold and gives a knockdown. If they don't tech the knockdown instantly they're stuck on the ground for a mount, if they do tech instantly you can just dash forward a step and 7k will stuff anything they do or +15 again.

- Her combo's from CB already have guaranteed mounts, but if you want more potential damage (or you're doing a combo without a guaranteed mount) you can finish a combo with 3PP. If they try to wake-up kick, you get a free mount, if they tech you can use a fully charged 7k to stuff anything they do and give +15 again. If it puts them in sit-down you get a free 6H+K or 33P (you have to dash forward a bit first). It also works after a standing PK (after 6T for example).

The first setup isn't quite as good as I thought. If someone's stoping you're CB and you want a guaratneed mount go for 3H+K instead, it's still safe if they block. Sorry for the errors, things get overlooked sometimes.

TheOtherJN

It's a mix-up-heavy combo. What? Are the mix-ups so potent that they can confuse those reading the notation on an internet forum?

Or are you implying it is somehow not practical in a match? Because if it isn't practical, at least it shows us what Mila can do, as well as serve as execution practise. It helped me a lot with free-cancelling.

If you simply hold, most of those mixups are rendered obsolete.

Mixups can easily be improvised and doesn't need any specific moves to follow because the possibilities are endless.

I'd rather focus on improving my muscle memory rather than my next punch string.

Raansu

Didn't see it mentioned, if it has my apologies.

Anyways, p6pp ~ 3p+k juggle guarantees a ground throw.

TRI Mike

I haven't read the whole thread so this was probably mentioned already but I've been messing around with Mila for the last couple days and I love this character. I think she's one of the few who actually shits on the stun>launcher>juggle system and works entirely based on the takedown.

Correct me if I'm wrong but breaking Mila's TD is actually good for her because it leaves her at a very serious frame advantage and she can't be interrupted, just like Bass' pick-ups. What are the best options out of it¿

I haven't read the whole thread so this was probably mentioned already but I've been messing around with Mila for the last couple days and I love this character. I think she's one of the few who actually shits on the stun>launcher>juggle system and works entirely based on the takedown.

Correct me if I'm wrong but breaking Mila's TD is actually good for her because it leaves her at a very serious frame advantage and she can't be interrupted, just like Bass' pick-ups. What are the best options out of it¿

She has 5P which is 7i and stuns on natural hit. She can also follow up with 5K but it's -12 on block and has a slower start up. She can do it the move after canceling a TD also, it's not only just after your TD is broken. Both are holdable but 5P is your best option, it's fast, it's safe and stuns. Mix it up with 1P if your opponent starts holding for a free CH.

Jefffcore

She has 5P which is 7i and stuns on natural hit. She can also follow up with 5K but it's -12 on block and has a slower start up. She can do it the move after canceling a TD also, it's not only just after your TD is broken. Both are holdable but 5P is your best option, it's fast, it's safe and stuns. Mix it up with 1P if your opponent starts holding for a free CH.
I'd also like to point out that if you DON'T do it, you're at a disadvantage.

Bam of the Ppl

Maybe im using the wrong terminology. I was under the impression true mids were mid attacks that go thru crushes. I am new to doa so forgive me ith my misuse of terminology. Also it would be nice to know what our crushes are.

And yeah 3 F+K is an amazing whiff,punisher. I still use 4 F+K as well because of its beast range, and is ease of stuffing things in general. Then people start trying to hold and its free counter throws. Why is 7k so good? Ive been loving that move as of late.

Jefffcore

Maybe im using the wrong terminology. I was under the impression true mids were mid attacks that go thru crushes. I am new to doa so forgive me ith my misuse of terminology. Also it would be nice to know what our crushes are.

And yeah 3 F+K is an amazing whiff,punisher. I still use 4 F+K as well because of its beast range, and is ease of stuffing things in general. Then people start trying to hold and its free counter throws. Why is 7k so good? Ive been loving that move as of late.
No, you're right, a true mid is a mid that can't be crushed. She doesn't have any.

Bam of the Ppl

Okay good. Just so many new ppl answering questions they know nothing about with such conviction . Sometimes it gets confusing. Thanks Jeffcore.

Jefffcore

P+K might be a true mid, now that I think about it; it's really slow though. I had thought about using it for whiff punishing because it offers a sit-down, but it wouldn't be easy.

synce

I noticed some Mila players looking kinda lost after doing her 2t, so this is for them

:2::F+P::9::K::P+K::2::F+P::P::P::P:

You'll probably get it on CH, which is 60 dmg guaranteed and 105 if mount is unbroken

For heavies use ppp6p after the 9k. You can use it for lights too if you're near a wall for the extra damage, I prefer the mount personally

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD