Your Favorite Games of This Generation

Vanity Assassin

The Pokemon Black/White/B2/W2/Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver, Sonic Generations, DOA5, Phantasy Star 0, Phantasy Star Online 2, Mario Kart Wii/DS, Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, Virtua Fighter 5, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Sonic Rush, Sonic Colors...I could go on, but I guess my favorites are:
Pokemon Black/White
Mario Kart DS
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Phantasy Star Online 2
Pokemon Black 2/White 2
...and 4 of those are Nintendo-exclusive...I should hide.

EDIT: I couldn't resist adding more honorable mentions
Final Fantasy III (DS/iOS), Final Fantasy IV (DS/iOS), Bomberman Live, Okamiden, Soulcalibur IV
I used to love PSO

Keved

Uncharted series: Near impossible visual quality, loveable characters with witty dialogue, set-pieces that literally had me in awe. If they made these games yearly I'd gladly lap them up every time.

MGS4: A no brainer for me. I absolutely love this series with a passion. Everything from Snake smoking a ciggy during the installation screen, to the Octo-camo mechanic to those creative B&B villains. This one will live long in the memory.

Dead or Alive 5: I was rapt to be able to play this series again. Gorgeous characters, even the old men look attractive, brutal throws & counters, brilliant scenery interaction & just bloody good fun to bash around in.

Tekken: Awesome fun to play, stylish moves & huge roster including everything from boxing kangas to pink-haired fembots. Hells yeah. Also top fun to play with mates when you've had too much to drink.

SoulCalibur series: My personal fave beat em' up. Love the medieval theme, the weapon-based combat & character designs. I just wish the Soul series would include Nariko one of these days.

God of War III: Greek mythology, gorgeously gory, amazing set-pieces, massive bosses & Kratos is quite simply the pimp from Athens.

Heavy Rain: The most powerful, moving narrative I've experienced. I would love to see more devs attempting stuff like this. Props to David Cage.

BioShock & BioShock Infinite: The best atmosphere I've seen. The whole neon-lit, art-deco steam-punk world of Rapture was incredible.

Dead Space series: Playing these at night with Turtle Beach headsets on is an arse-quaking experience.

Dead Rising series: You can stab undead offal eaters with foam fingers & hat-stands. Nuff said

Resident Evil 4 HD: My personal best game of all time looking even better in HD. Hell to the yeah.

Mass Effect 2: Creating your own commando & dictating everything in the galaxy. Rich, immersive experience with incredible character attachment.

Hitman Absolution: You can choke chefs with carpet string as a bald bloke in a chip-munk garb. Nuff said

I've missed a bucketload i know, but these are the ones that steal the show for me. Unfortunately i don't have an Xbox (I can't justify having multiple consoles) which means games like Gears of War & Alan Wake i won't get to play unless i borrow one from a buddy., which i intend to one day.

Games that I am considering buying in the future are Fallout 3, Mass Effect trilogy, and Dark Souls. Any feedback on these titles would be awesome.
I am probably a little late here but i would highly recommend the Mass Effect Trilogy as imo it is some of the best value for money out there. I could write paragraph after paragraph explaining all the reasons why you should atleast try this series but i don't want to exceed the posts word limit & there simply wouldn't be enough superlatives to go around to describe the many magical reasons why you should play or own this experience.

Let me just say that if you love the idea of creating your own commando, making decisions that could have huge ramifications later on during the story arc, dictating which characters you choose to live & which ones you choose to die & roaming the universe like some milky way boss then this is the game for you. I think what makes these games so likeable is your experience & the choices you make will be different to others. Not only that but once you have finished this enormous journey it pays to replay it all over again, just to try different approaches, expand knowledge on characters you killed off earlier in your previous playthrough & just researching more on the game worlds various planets & civilizations to see how the story & your decisions pan out differently.

Obviously the choice is yours, but i reckon you should give it a whirl, because there really isn't anything quite as memorable as playing this epic trilogy-spanning experience for the first time. Good luck champ.

Brute

Standard Donor
Mass Effect 2 - one of the best games ever
Ninja Gaiden 2 - so amazing
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge - not vanilla NG3
Dead or Alive 5 - duh
Serious Sam HD - (sorta re-release of previous gen. but so amazing I had to include it)
DMC HD Collection - (same as Sam)
Saints Row 2 - almost forgot about it for some reason. great game

No other games from the 7th gen. consoles really come close to comparing to any of those for me, so I'll leave it at that.

bingsoo

Thanks guys for some awesome posts. I went ahead a purchased the ME Trilogy, but I don't think I'll be opening it up for a while with Razor's Edge and Injustice keeping me busy for God knows how long.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD