Zack in DOA 5

RhythmikDesigns

Shoudn't the 33kk setup work here too? Not that I mind using 9k but it is a high launcher.

I thought it should but for some reason I can't get it to work on the mid/heavy weights. They drop too fast.

Whats Zack's best combo on high counter blow? I can find almost nothing that works from DOA 4 because of all the changes to moves it seems. I tried this combo earlier that seems like it would work on the tatami stage but couldn't get the last :7::K::K: to hit. It was :3::P+K:, :9::K:, :3::3::K::K:, :7::K::K:( couldn't get it to hit on lightweights). Could anyone else try it out to make sure my timings not crap, or any other enders if you'll can find any. One last question, what is Zack's game plan. Is it trying to bait something, or should I be trying to poke to death. Combo damage seems a bit lacking this game from him in my experience.

Who are you using as an opponent to test it on. I'm using Zack right now and I can't get the 33kk to connect. But right now, imo, Zack is still playing DOA4, which is he has to play the stun game. I'm trying my hardest to find ways to play him w/o relying too much on the stun game but I'm not finding much.

EDog21

Not sure how to quote, but couldn't connect it on anyone. Just seems like something that would have connected back in the day. I have a friend who plays mila and blocks pretty well, just feels like it's hard unless he makes a mistake because Zack's moves don't stun much, and I have to rely on opponent making a mistake and good countering of opponents moves.

RhythmikDesigns

Not sure how to quote, but couldn't connect it on anyone. Just seems like something that would have connected back in the day. I have a friend who plays mila and blocks pretty well, just feels like it's hard unless he makes a mistake because Zack's moves don't stun much, and I have to rely on opponent making a mistake and good countering of opponents moves.

This pretty much where he's at. But I can tell you if you're facing someone who it blocking a lot Duck T ~T or Sway T
~T guarantees an free 9K which is a good way to open them up.

MasterHavik

guys...blanka ball was i22. When I went home for thanksgiving break I brought DOA 5. My house didn't have internet, so I was playing vanilla DOA 5. I went into training mode and mess around with Zack and found out it was always i22. So it wasn't a nerf.

RhythmikDesigns

guys...blanka ball was i22. When I went home for thanksgiving break I brought DOA 5. My house didn't have internet, so I was playing vanilla DOA 5. I went into training mode and mess around with Zack and found out it was always i22. So it wasn't a nerf.

Remember to add 2 more frames to all moves. So its i24.

TakedaZX

It's been awhile for sure. I got bored one days so I started messing around with Zack's Juggles so... here's what I'd use for post CB unless someone can show me something that's more damage and also I'm gunna show better ways to use 33p at max threshold *(rather than just pp6kk)

My stun game is 1kp6k, 3p4p+k [CB!] on Hi Counter (for the stun quality), and [H] means hold guard to cancel backturn. It's very timing dependant. All tested on Kasumi.
  • 33P[H]
    • 33P[H], 6K, 6KK (143 damage)
    • 33P[H], 6K, 6H+K (143 damage, I find this more stylish but it's less likely to land... still manageable tho)
    • 33P[H], 6K, 7KK/7K~K, 148 damage, not including 7K~K wall splat)
    • 66K, 33KK, 6KK (??? damage)
  • 33KK
    • 6K, 6KK (??? damage)
    • 6K, 7KK/7K~K (??? damage, 7K~K may cause untechable)
  • 33KP2 (Best Damage)
    • 33KP2~PPP (Not great damage but it's something to use while getting used to landing the duck punches. The first punch must be timed).
    • 33KP2~PPH, 7KK (No delay. THIS is his best open space CB combo to my knowledge. With this you can not only match up to Hayate's juggle damage but you can exceed it by one point. Very nice)
    • 33KP2~PP6P6PP (This one depends on a wall. You can be too close to where 33KP will splat, but you can't be so far that the 3rd duck hook won't catch... but if done right this is the easiest damage combo
    • 33KP2~PP6P6P4~K (This is the best he can get at the wall, if you're willing to throw in one more cancel).
I apologize if any of these don't work but they should land. 33P[H]'s are real. The others I just tested but I may have written them wrong (also why I don't know the actual damage). So I may or may not have done you guys a favor with this but clarify it for me then. What are your max damage CB setups?

TakedaZX

You do his Dragon Punch and then what? Duck PP Sway Blanka Ball? or Maybe Delay a bit before doing it so you can land an extra sway hook and then blanka ball?

If that's your answer, I'm updating my post with new info on his now max damage juggle.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD