Zack in DOA 5

MasterHavik

btw...if ya'll miss 7kk wall splat...we can do 7K*K after doing 9K or 6K to finish the combo into the wall.

btw...ppH is -5 on block and is i9....YES!!! the return of of 9 frame Zack.

RhythmikDesigns

When you do the 33KK, you have to hold the the second 3 just for split second so he'll kind of wave dash into the move to cover the space created by the back-turned 4K.

TakedaZX

When you do the 33KK, you have to hold the the second 3 just for split second so he'll kind of wave dash into the move to cover the space created by the back-turned 4K.
Mhmm... it works out perfectly, and sexily. I need to find some Hayabusa untechables.

shinryu

This force tech is nifty as fuck; if Zack's got any serious juice I think it's going to come from here. It looks like this should work off a generic launch if timed properly; it's a dumb example but I've got it to work from 9k 3ppp, say, if you very slightly delay the last kick in pp2kkk. The problem is "timed properly"; I think i got that to work like 2/10. On the upside, enough threshold into 33kk should work every time, shouldn't it? I couldn't seem to land it reliably from something like 9k 6k 33kk. Does the slight delay make the difference or is there just not enough threshold from 9k 6k.

RhythmikDesigns

I've updated my post, looks like my setups only work with lightweight characters. TakedaZX's 3PP ~ 4K ~ 33KK setup works with both lightweight and mid weights, leaving you at +10 and +9 respectively.

Working on some mid weight setups now.

sambo

Hey, found a few untechable force tech setups for Zack. They're a little impractical, but nonetheless. These are come from his sit down stun.

The setups are...

:4::H+K::~::4::K::~::3::3_::K::K: (Lightweight only)

:P::P::6::P::K::~:
clear.png
clear.png
:4::K::~::3::3_::K::K: (lightweight only)

:3::3::P::~::4::K::~: :3::3_::K::K: (lightweight only)

Then they all finish with...

:P::P::2_::K::K::K::K:

I can't get the last K from PP2KKKK to hit after starting the combos you have listed. I have the cpu on Recovery, so it can tech on its own, and the last K always whiffs. It works only when the cpu (or opponent) doesn't tech (Recovery is Off).

Is this what's supposed to happen? or is my timing completely off?

RhythmikDesigns

I can't get the last K from PP2KKKK to hit after starting the combos you have listed. I have the cpu on Recovery, so it can tech on its own, and the last K always whiffs. It works only when the cpu (or opponent) doesn't tech (Recovery is Off).

Is this what's supposed to happen? or is my timing completely off?

Who are you using as the opponent in training?

RhythmikDesigns

no problem, I'm working on setups for mid and heavy weights too. The few I've found so far are actually a more practical than the lightweight setups.

MasterHavik

Since its untechable, its guaranteed....you're taking away your opponents opportunity for a wakeup up kick and you all get frame advantage.
oh okay.

no problem, I'm working on setups for mid and heavy weights too. The few I've found so far are actually a more practical than the lightweight setups.
Well I should sooner or later should get a combo thread open. And the untechable finally worked. I switched to Kasumi.

RhythmikDesigns

Quick note:
not sure if you guys are aware, but on NH, in PPKKK string if PP connects KKK is unholdable only blockable (and I just learned that there is a type of absolute blocking in the game). I think this is pretty sweet considering that it really only gives your opponent 1 chance to hold (the first P), and whether they get hit or block the K part you force them into a 50/50. Be careful though, on block PPKKK is -10 on block. And once again this only works on NH.

Mid and Heavyweight untechable force tech setups:

7PP ~ 9K ~ 2KKKK
Duck PP6P ~ 9K ~ 2KKKK
2H+K ~ 6K* ~ 66P* ~ 9K ~ 2KKKK (*can be interchanged)

MasterHavik

Quick note:
not sure if you guys are aware, but on NH, in PPKKK string if PP connects KKK is unholdable only blockable (and I just learned that there is a type of absolute blocking in the game). I think this is pretty sweet considering that it really only gives your opponent 1 chance to hold (the first P), and whether they get hit or block the K part you force them into a 50/50. Be careful though, on block PPKKK is -10 on block. And once again this only works on NH.

7PP ~ 9K ~ 2KKKK
Duck PP6P ~ 9K ~ 2KKKK
Oh really? I always notice you could only hold it on the first p. That string is beast though. good thing I always get it on NH. Btw, 6P is i11....it stuffs a lot of shit. I highly suggest we use it if we need to get an offense going. Also....a few tips on how to get the most out of blanka ball.

You did a good blanka ball when....

A. When the opponent blocks it.
B. It hits

Also I highly suggest if you are fighting people who are going to mid hold at certain points it's a great tool to catch them and get good damage. It also gets help from the ropes in DMW and that other stage too. Blanka ball is a solid move if it wasn't so slow.

shinryu

Quick note:

7PP ~ 9K ~ 2KKKK
Duck PP6P ~ 9K ~ 2KKKK

Shoudn't the 33kk setup work here too? Not that I mind using 9k but it is a high launcher.

EDog21

Whats Zack's best combo on high counter blow? I can find almost nothing that works from DOA 4 because of all the changes to moves it seems. I tried this combo earlier that seems like it would work on the tatami stage but couldn't get the last :7::K::K: to hit. It was :3::P+K:, :9::K:, :3::3::K::K:, :7::K::K:( couldn't get it to hit on lightweights). Could anyone else try it out to make sure my timings not crap, or any other enders if you'll can find any. One last question, what is Zack's game plan. Is it trying to bait something, or should I be trying to poke to death. Combo damage seems a bit lacking this game from him in my experience.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD