1.03A Revision - Is Helena's ground game back?

HaJiN

So just because I don't play like the army of brain dead Mamba clones out there who couldn't string a decent combo together if their lives depended on it my options should be toned down? If the blender is too good then fix the blender, don't nerf the crap out of everything else to compensate. I don't want a character who doesn't have the tools to fight outside of blendering the opponent to death.

If 9P2K is 0 on hit she would still lose out to Jann Lee, Zack, Kasumi and Christie who have i11 mid's. Also Alpha has an i12 mid kick that cannot be ducked. She just hit you with a very slow telegraphed low attack why should she be at a disadvantage when you screwed up and fell for her mix up?

You want to make things more balanced? Increase the whiff recovery on 6P. If plus +4 is too much then increase the whiff recovery by 1,2,3 or 4 frames so she doesn't get frame advantage. That way I can continue playing my character the way I enjoy and the one thing you take so much issue with won't be a problem any more. People will stop hating on Helena for being a brain dead loop machine and all the Mamba clones will migrate to the next easy mode character.

We both win!

The reason why I would go against 6p being nerfed that way is because many Helena players expect the opponent to tech roll. So as soon as the triple slaps finish, I immediately go into backfacing. If the opponent does not tech roll, I do 2p, and if they do tech roll, you have a crazy mix up with 66k2 and her backfacing mids. So the ground game stays intact. To reduce the ground game's effectiveness, they could make 6p always whiff as a forced tech, and make her backfacing 66k2 leave her at a pretty nice disadvantage on block. (between -5 and -7 frames should suffice) This will ruin her forced tech options from bokuho, and ruin her follow ups from backfacing if the opponent tech rolls. This sounds like a better solution to the Helena problem. The way Team Ninja went about it in 1.03 was wrong. You should never be punished for finishing a combo.

WetNightmare

So, okizeme/setups are braindead unless YOU die if the opponent guesses right? Is that the consensus here? I find this language troubling ...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD