DOA5U 236T options.

Nate

Trying to get my interest in the game sparked again.

I was toying with 236T last night, and didn't find anything unique. However, despite not being guaranteed; I wanted to bounce a few thoughts off you. Granted 7K is the staple assured damage.

Well, one thing that is guaranteed that I only see myself doing (granted I'm on PSN right now, so I don't get to see the usual Xbox scene) is when your back is to a wall, do 236T, 6PP, *wallsplat* PP6PK or what have you depending on weight, wall type and angle. Great damage for 7-frame throw.

Then I was playing with 236T, 6PP (no wall). On max stagger escape, you can do the 6PP full speed and put them into a (crumple stun? proper name?). If they don't stagger escape (fast or slower), you just need to delay the 2nd P ever so slightly (the string easily allows it) so it doesn't land back-turned and knock them down. Granted, now that they are forward facing, the 2nd P can be countered.

So then it's the usual 6PP setup when this hitlevel occurs. You can grab, or use any non-wind dash launcher. You could easily 236T, 6PP, 8K, *combo ender* for up to 90 damage~. Two chances for them to counter, but you could work that into your favor.

After 236T, 6P you're +10 at max stagger escape. So if they plan to counter the mid, you could always throw or predict they might not slow escape fast enough/extend the stun by doing PP (safe if they simply max stagger escaped, but lost damage... could keep applying pressure with string...).

After 236T, you can PP and the only way they can avoid it is by ducking while they turn around. Potential setups here?

I could go on forever but at some point I'm telling you stuff you know and/or easily could figure out yourself.

Any gimmicks you're exploiting from 236T? Anything I haven't figured out yet that's awesome?

Tenryuga

In the past I would have never went for the mixup over the guaranteed damage. The buff to his Nakiryu damage output on hi counter made me start working 236T, then jab mixups or 6P for frame advantage into mixup and 6PP guaranteed damage at walls. It's strong because a Hi counter Nakiryu juggle at the wall is doing 123 points. Anywhere else on the screen is 107. 73 on NH. These numbers are big when you factor in the free 6P we get from 236T. So basically I've been using 236T to pressure the opponent into holding so I can get big damage from Nakiryu.

Nate

Not gonna lie bros, this 236T mix-up garbage has been a huge scrub killer online; but also effective against respectable opponents. PP, 236T, 6P, headset enable, "I'm Rachael, b1tch!".

Nate

The timing is strict, but if you land the 2nd P in 236T, 6PP during the 2-3 frames of them turning around, it will be un-counterable and leave them in the crumple stun. This can also be seen if you set the dummy to max stagger escape and mid hold, then to the 6PP as fast as possible. You get the stun, but they couldn't counter it. The "problem" here is that most people will [intentionally] not max stagger escape, so you must delay the 2nd P to prevent knockdown, thus making the execution tight and if you mess up they can counter the 2nd P, as mentioned before. However, you could always mix-in a throw there, jab-jab, or whatnot. Of course the guaranteed 2nd P would be preferred, however.

Tenryuga

Setup is still strong because if they start countering they start taking big damage from Nakiryu. There's not much to lose and a lot to gain lol.

TakedaZX

I rely on :P::P: to get the mix-up... if I want the damage then I might as well just :6::T: or :6::6::T:. They're both 53+ damage and give alright situations afterward.

:6::P: is nice as well. If the opponent just doesn't slow escape then I just put the mix-up on. :6::P:, :3::K: or :6::P:.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD