DOA5U 44P (CH) 236P H+P

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Thanks to @Rich Nixon for pointing this out: On some characters, Bass can get a free BT :236::P::5::H+P: after connecting :4::4::P: on counter-hit. Now, the following is a list of those characters, but it should be mentioned that I've seen times where it does connect on other characters however these other characters are hit with it infrequently. I will update the post with how once I find out how to hit those infrequent characters frequently.

It also means that if you're in water, the throw will be the Grizzly Launcher animation, just as if you did :426::[[h+p]]: to the person's back in land.

This list is for the characters it happens to 100% of the time:

:alpha152::bass::bayman::helena::kasumi::lisa::leifang::leon::pai::rachel::sarah::tina::zack:

ALPHA-152
Bass
Bayman
Helena
Kasumi
La Mariposa
Leifang
Leon
Pai
Rachel
Sarah
Tina
Zack

Last edited:

Raansu

Also, it should be kept in mind that I believe every form of the pick-up leaves the two characters in open stance.

Pick up always results in the same stance making 44p always limbo on CH just like Jann Lee's dragon gunner always goes into the same stance which is why 4h+k will always give a limbo stun. It's not as apparent with Bass' pick up, but if you watch legs with Jann Lee during the dragon gunner animation, if its in the opposite stance his legs/back will shift in a weird animation. Looks really awkward and glitchy once you start paying attention to it.

Rich Nixon

Standard Donor
Awesome. More good news. Between this info you guys dropped and the ground throw option select my inbox is gonna be full of sodium fueled hate messages. ( its almost full now, hahaha)

Rich Nixon

Standard Donor
After testing, it seems Bass only gets open stance pick up if the opponent is face down head towards. So no open stance pick up for when your opponent doesn't tech juggle ender 6kp.

That's where 7k and 8p come in. When you launch with 7k, your opponent is face down head towards in mid air. End the juggle with 8p and they get slammed to the ground in the same position, just as if you landed 6kp on a standing opponent.

Works on CH 7k on lightweights. I will test other weight classes and scenarios in the next few days.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Noticed this while in Japan, if you can do 236p then you can do 9pp as well. It might not work in 1.04, but currently 9pp on bt opponent guarantees cb!

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
So to land 236P on everyone else but Gen Fu, it requires the opponent to hold. If they hold then they'll be caught on the first frame standing them up and turning them around.

Haven't tested it in awhile, but I believe it would hit them even if they high held, not sure if low holding would avoid it. If they don't hold then it will whiff.

Also, 9PP also seems to follow similar rules in terms of connecting after CH 44P, where you'll be at full threshold for guaranteed launch.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
So to land 236P on everyone else but Gen Fu, it requires the opponent to hold. If they hold then they'll be caught on the first frame standing them up and turning them around.

Haven't tested it in awhile, but I believe it would hit them even if they high held, not sure if low holding would avoid it. If they don't hold then it will whiff.

Also, 9PP also seems to follow similar rules in terms of connecting after CH 44P, where you'll be at full threshold for guaranteed launch.

I'm a little confused here. Is it actually possible to hold after the limbo stun or is this for other situations?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Them falling and his motion of attack with 236P pushes him in front of them. The second hit frame is the frame where they are now "front facing". This allows them to hold, but since the first frame of holding is them standing before active frame, his active frame connects.

It's complicated to explain, but basically on that frame they are allowed to hold, but they're still back-turned so they're caught in a 'transition from back-turned to go into front-turned hold' and the active frame is connected. The hold isn't active, they're in "turning around" state, like if they're guarding from 214H+P 6H+P, so they can't hold yet but they are moving their hurt box to standing state, allowing you to land that 236P.

You'll be able to test it out by having the AI hold fastest in stun against anyone not in the above list plus Gen Fu.

Gen Fu is just too short.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD