66K on Breakable Wall/Danger Zone

i can confirm this also works on the circus map, when you hit the balls with 66k you can relaunch with BT 7k if the distance is right, or you are slightly adjacent to the balls, too close and it wont work, i had combos as high as 235

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
i can confirm this also works on the circus map, when you hit the balls with 66k you can relaunch with BT 7k if the distance is right, or you are slightly adjacent to the balls, too close and it wont work, i had combos as high as 235

That's actually possible at any wall. You have to hit the opponent with the last hit frame of the attack (furthest range) and the BT 7K will relaunch without resplatting into a wall. It's easier if you're at a slight angle to the wall but you risk 66K causing a half-wall splat.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Getting that slight angel usually depends on luck, but if you condition yourself to react to that sort of situation, then you can probably get maximum damage.

Ive had a lot of success when ending my combos with 66k near a wall, with slight spacing to where the opponent hits the wall with a bounce, but you still have distance that your BT Launch wont wall splat, Ive gotten some pretty maxed combos either ending with 3p 3p 41236F+P or 9pk F+P

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor

Pretty cool combo and the damage is great.

But what's more interesting is that this was an unlisted video part of a playlist, meaning that someone didn't want the whole world to see it.

Matt, you need to infiltrate this Japanese DOA forum or scene and make them spill some beans.

synce

Sweet zombie jesus.. NERF IT NERF IT (jk lol) Some nice videos on that channel. BTW he's Taiwanese, although the text in that video is Japanese unlike his other ones (English or Chinese)

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Next time, I'll just show new stuff to Matt.

edit: after watching some of his matches, he did the old DOA2 tactic of headbutt > dash > headbutt.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD