6T shenanigans . . . no more?

mpgeist

Standard Donor
I don't even get the logic. The whole point of the throw is that it's a quick throw, the other ones don't work in the situations you use 6T. I could live with it if K was guaranteed still afterwards, but it misses on those six and if anyone is downhill, dont count on anything.

Devilreaper

They said the nerf was on purpose in patch notes "to force players to use her other throws", Team Ninja is such a joke always shitting on characters, buffing already over powered VF chars (and i'm a VF player), Sarah and Jacky were already too strong imo. They should have given Mila some buffs, not more nerfs.
Ultimately, judging by the logic the 6t nerf wasn't a matter of balancing at all... much rather than a "i want players to use her like this" kinda thing.. pretty much solidifies the theory that TN isn't focusing on that aspect...

Thing is T is alot more riskier than 6t and there are the only two grabs which are plausible to use in most punishing scenario's. Their logic is pretty faulty, they should work more on actually improving the game much rather than changing gameplay aspects which don't really matter...

Last edited:

Vincent Rayne

say goodbye to guaranteed damage. that's the main thing i wanted since 6T with the free K is still less damage than other characters 6Ts. so in compensation for that we got that mixup/advantage from K. but now we don't even have that. so now we just have some lame as 6T with no other guaranteed damage afterwards? i get in like 20 damage where other characters can get much more. and none of her other throws offer guaranteed damage since they are all multi-part throws and are breakable aside from her half circle throw but that's 12 frames. you ain't getting punishes off that throw.

Raze

I'll just switch back to VF full time, Team Ninja doesn't want people playing Mila or the other nerfed out chars, so i'll just drop the game like I did after they nerfed Mila in 5. I played about 5 chars in DOA ,all were nerfed. The balancing in this game isn't "balancing" it's favoritism (based on character popularity or players, unsure which). Either way they've basically ruined their game as far as i'm concerned. I can play high damaging OP VF chars in Final Showdown, thank you very much!

Edit: Why is the frame data wrong on her 6T? It says you get +15, but a 14f 4K can be blocked, so can the 15f 3K. This doesn't happen in VF, how incompetent is team ninja?

Last edited:

mpgeist

Standard Donor
I won't give up on Mila, I like the character too much and I still really like to use her. But it sure seems like Team Ninja really wants to make her the most boring and predictable striker in the game tho.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I won't give up on Mila, I like the character too much and I still really like to use her. But it sure seems like Team Ninja really wants to make her the most boring and predictable striker in the game tho.
Which is complete bullshit, cause she's one of the most useful and effective linkers in tag.

If it weren't for my figuring this out, I would never have picked her up as a tag partner for Christie, much less be playing tag at all. :)

Hurricane Rev

Though 6T > K doesn't work for Certain characters, at least it still works for the rest of the characters that it works on. At least that is better than nothing. But saying that, I don't really use this set up anyway. So it doesn't really effect me that much tbh.

Also, though Mila just got mainly nerfs, I still find Mila very fun to use. I actually love playing with her and she reminds of a female version of Zack IMO. She has got a lot of great (and perhaps Broken) stuffs that she can do. At the end of the today, it's not all about the character. It's about the player as well.

Batcommander

I'll just switch back to VF full time, Team Ninja doesn't want people playing Mila or the other nerfed out chars, so i'll just drop the game like I did after they nerfed Mila in 5. I played about 5 chars in DOA ,all were nerfed. The balancing in this game isn't "balancing" it's favoritism (based on character popularity or players, unsure which). Either way they've basically ruined their game as far as i'm concerned. I can play high damaging OP VF chars in Final Showdown, thank you very much!

Edit: Why is the frame data wrong on her 6T? It says you get +15, but a 14f 4K can be blocked, so can the 15f 3K. This doesn't happen in VF, how incompetent is team ninja?
in this game, unlike other games, you need to add 2 frames to a strike. So, for practical purposes, a 14f move is actually a 16f move. That's why you can't get a i14 move in on +15. (People use the notion "i" for initial, like 6i/i6.)

Dumb, i know.

Raze

They should fix the frame data instead of having the 2 hidden frames, 15f should land @ +15, how surprising they can't get that right..I am not playing this game anymore after the latest series of nerfs though so it really doesn't matter ( I appreciate the reply though, thank you for that). I'll stick with companies that actually know wtf they're doing with their games, instead of constantly changing commands, frames, hitboxes/hurtboxes, fixing terrible glitches that should never be in there in the first place, etc etc.

Goodluck to all the remaining Mila players (and Hitomi, Momiji, and slew of other nerfed char players)..

Vincent Rayne

i may have found a replacement considering if a move is punishable enough. lately i've been doing 3PP and getting that guaranteed low grab off. so far it hasn't really steered me wrong but i would like other input to see if anything is better for a punishment since 4T is 10 frames and is breakable so that isn't much of a viable option for me. also didn't notice that her 2T is a 5 frame throw. are all low throws that fast?

Vincent Rayne

sorry for the double post but i just want to put out there that i'm very disheartened that anyone would drop a character (especially one they main) just because of a nerf or two. this means you refuse to adapt yourself and says, to me, that you are not devoted to your character. and also means that people just want easy wins. there are plenty of stuff that can still be used and Mila getting the 6T nerf is definitely something that can be worked around. as someone else said, it's not a Hitomi 6T now. but to give up on the game and character for one thing means that you probably weren't dedicated in the first place.

Something-Unique

3PP doesn't guarantee 2T. Never has despite what it seems like in the combo training.

The system wide Nerf to moves that give +frames depending on stance also nerfed Mila's 1P. It used to be +2 in open stance and +3 in closed stance. I was hoping it would be changed to +3 for both seeing how the first stance u start a match in is closed stance but of course to no surprise TN is easily the the shittiest balancing team ever so its now +2 which only effects her speed manipulation against i9 jabbing characters but its worth pointing out as it makes all the difference.

As far as the 6T Nerf goes based on the info that was provided to me I thought it didn't work on anyone anymore. K not working on 6 characters isn't a major issue and tbh only Gen Fu and Zack are the only two out of the 6 where it not working matters. The 4 other characters ain't got nothing on Mila at all to even care.

My only gripe is that 8PP no longer works in open space. It was auto on 9 characters and manual on every other character making it universal across the board. Neither is no longer possible.

Argentus

Ultimately, judging by the logic the 6t nerf wasn't a matter of balancing at all... much rather than a "i want players to use her like this" kinda thing.. pretty much solidifies the theory that TN isn't focusing on that aspect...

I'll be honest, I can't fault them for that. If you designed a character to be used a certain way, and players find loopholes in the mechanics to use them in a completely seperate, and sometimes opposite way, I can understand being a little frustrated and wanting to try to change her to be used "properly".

synce

sorry for the double post but i just want to put out there that i'm very disheartened that anyone would drop a character (especially one they main) just because of a nerf or two. this means you refuse to adapt yourself and says, to me, that you are not devoted to your character. and also means that people just want easy wins. there are plenty of stuff that can still be used and Mila getting the 6T nerf is definitely something that can be worked around. as someone else said, it's not a Hitomi 6T now. but to give up on the game and character for one thing means that you probably weren't dedicated in the first place.

I dropped Mila long long ago and to me dropping a character has nothing to do with adapting. When TN makes retarded changes and people continue to use the character, they will continue to make retarded changes. But if a character takes a big plunge in popularity, maybe just maybe TN will get the message. It won't happen though because the average DOA player will always use his waifu no matter what :p

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I dropped Mila long long ago and to me dropping a character has nothing to do with adapting. When TN makes retarded changes and people continue to use the character, they will continue to make retarded changes. But if a character takes a big plunge in popularity, maybe just maybe TN will get the message. It won't happen though because the average DOA player will always use his waifu no matter what :p
It's your own fault you can't dedicate yourself enough to make a character work despite the nerfs the character's getting while at the same time doing what you can to address ways to balance said character out with the rest of the cast in the future whether it happens or not.

So don't take your frustration out on or belittle the ones who are still going... admire their dedication and encourage them to push their limits. Without these players playing their so-called "waifu", no new tech can be discovered.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD