DOA5U Akira Patch 1.04 Changes

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
English version is much easier to read! Boo-ya frame traps are back!

Change List:
  • Crouching walk, back-turn walk speed adjusted.
  • 2P: Recovery when the move does not hit reduced by 2F.
  • 33P: Recovery when the move does not hit reduced by 9F.
  • 46P: Recovery when the move does not hit reduced by 3F.
  • 214P: Recovery when the move does not hit reduced by 5F.
  • 33P: Start-up reduced from 18 to 17F, active frames increased from 3 to 4F.
  • 2_46P: Damage increased from 52 to 58, knockback distance changed to 2m.
  • 466P+K, Back P+K: Damage increased from 55 to 60.
  • 2K: Normal Hit advantage changed from -7 to -3.
  • T on rear-facing opponent: Camera angle end timing adjusted.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't quite see a big difference in this new patch.
Basically just like trying to make his tools more usefull.
The Frame recovery's are somewhat okay. I guess.
The 5+ more damage from 466P+K is something.
246P more quite usefull now. I Hope.

PuertoRicanStyL

I thought those 'when move does not hit' meant when you whiffed em. I'm a lil confused, cause I don't see anything listed for frame differences for any moves on block.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I thought those 'when move does not hit' meant when you whiffed em. I'm a lil confused, cause I don't see anything listed for frame differences for any moves on block.
Did xbox get the patch yet? Last night it wasn't out, so I couldn't confirm. If it is out now, and you're still observing the extra frames on block, I might hulk up a little bit in anger.

PuertoRicanStyL

Did xbox get the patch yet? Last night it wasn't out, so I couldn't confirm. If it is out now, and you're still observing the extra frames on block, I might hulk up a little bit in anger.

Yea the patch came out for the 360 this morning. One thing I think remember reading was his 214P was supposed to be +3 on block like it is in VF. But it's still +1 on block.. I don't really know what his frames were before the update. I just haven't seen anything posted/written anywhere about any of his moves on block changing. Only frame changes I've seen is some moves on whiff, and his 2/1+K being -3 now on hit.

Last edited:

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Yea the patch came out for the 360 this morning. One thing I think remember reading was his 214P was supposed to be +3 on block like it is in VF. But it's still +1 on block.. I don't really know what his frames were before the update. I just haven't seen anything posted/written anywhere about any of his moves on block changing. Only frame changes I've seen is some moves on whiff, and his 2/1+K being -3 now on hit.
These are the moves you should be focusing on:

Zeo

And glorious changes they are. Akira feels fast and fluid just like he did in vanilla. Frame traps aplenty. Damage buffs of all things are somewhat funny to see him get but they're nice little changes. 2K should never have been unsafe from the get go so it's nice to see that. 33P getting a frame shaved off it sool as it's his primary mid punch launcher but it's a fairly superfluous change.

He got better, that's pretty much all there is to it.

PuertoRicanStyL

These are the moves you should be focusing on:

But aren't those changes there just on whiff, and not on block?

Edit* The only moves that are + on block on that list are 46+P ane 214+P. And those are only +1 on block. Were those moves - before? And what moves are his frame trap moves now?

Last edited:

PuertoRicanStyL

I updated his frame data a few days ago. It's all there. There is a thread in the Akira section that says DOAU Frame Data. You'll find all the info you need there. Anything -4 or greater is considered safe.

Ok cool. So I'm just going to assume things on that list like his 33P on block used to be -24 and now it's -15, and those were his old recovery frames on block Akira players are excited to have back. I would've guessed those changes of 'frames reduced' were on whiff the way it was worded on there. That's a pretty amazing change if those moves there left you at that much disadvantage before.

Also, I never really understood or delved into what frame traps were. But I just assumed they were moves that left you at frame advantage on block. If so, then that means his 46P and 214P moves are now frame traps since they're the only moves on that list that leaves him at plus frames. Though I feel like I'm missing something/have the wrong definition of a frame trap since Zeo said there's "frame traps aplenty". I'll have to Google the term after posting this.

Thanks for the answers. Hopefully catch yall online sometime. I'm maining Kokoro, but I've been using Akira in Virtua Fighter since I started that game in VF5. So I can kinda use him here in DoA too. Well, do his inputs anyways, hahah. Don't really have any DoA combos quite yet. Using him in this system is a lil challenging. Not being able to block after getting hit by stuff takes some getting used to. This is my first DoA game. Been playin for a lil over a month now. Quite the journey ^-^

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Ok cool. So I'm just going to assume things on that list like his 33P on block used to be -24 and now it's -15, and those were his old recovery frames on block Akira players are excited to have back. I would've guessed those changes of 'frames reduced' were on whiff the way it was worded on there. That's a pretty amazing change if those moves there left you at that much disadvantage before.

Also, I never really understood or delved into what frame traps were. But I just assumed they were moves that left you at frame advantage on block. If so, then that means his 46P and 214P moves are now frame traps since they're the only moves on that list that leaves him at plus frames. Though I feel like I'm missing something/have the wrong definition of a frame trap since Zeo said there's "frame traps aplenty". I'll have to Google the term after posting this.

Thanks for the answers. Hopefully catch yall online sometime. I'm maining Kokoro, but I've been using Akira in Virtua Fighter since I started that game in VF5. So I can kinda use him here in DoA too. Well, do his inputs anyways, hahah. Don't really have any DoA combos quite yet. Using him in this system is a lil challenging. Not being able to block after getting hit by stuff takes some getting used to. This is my first DoA game. Been playin for a lil over a month now. Quite the journey ^-^

Thanks again.
Yeah, there is a big difference between VF and DOA in terms of mechanics. Moves that leave you at a big disadvantage are recommended to be used in set ups, rather than just throwing them out blind.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor

Thanks again.
Look at all the moves against the "On Block" column. That determines whether or not the move is safe. If you're left at -4 or higher, you're safe. Anything -5 or lower is unsafe.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD