Are any strings interruptable with standing attacks?

There seem to be only a few natural combos for each character, and yet I still find it quite rare to see a string being interrupted in DOA. I'm not talking about ducking/crushing a high and punishing, I'm talking about interrupting a string with a fast, standing attack. Is this possible in DOA, everything seems sooo fast :eek:

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Many of Hayabusa's gimmicky looking attacks that have flips mid-string etc. can be interrupted. Same is true of Lisa I think... I don't know the inputs for those attacks though, sorry.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great idea since any skilled fighter in real life wouldn't attack with a string that they knew was slow enough to get interrupted. I was just wondering the other day when I was watching Guts and Seasons Beatings on youtube, why I didn't see many string interrupts. To me it looked as though it was more as though the two fighters were taking turns at attacking, with the exception of crush moves. Maybe though I'm not used to the fast pace yet and have just not been keeping up.

What are people's strategies in matches? Is it common to look for openings mid string and hunt for counter hits this way?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
You also have to keep in mind the game came out 4 days before each of those tournaments. Many people hadn't even gotten used to the new system mechanics or strings enough to know what was interruptable.

Aah ok sure. I'll keep an eye out then for new tournament footage. Is there a specific channel on Youtube I should be looking at or does it really not matter?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD