Art of Assassination Vol 1: Guaranteed Forced Techs

Lei

Anyone who has played me as I have decided to main christie has seen my progress. I hope I am getting to where I want to be.

Here is explaining the Vortex that Christie has.These are forced techs and are part of many of my parts of lab work findings I have found over my course of playing christie for the last 3 weeks or so.

First lets cover that these do not work on heavy weights. Only mid weights and light weights. Light weights require a delay in the juggle to guarantee the force tech, mid weights do not.

We will now cover the setups and explanations to options the setups generally will be provided after as well as how to manage the post setup mixup options.

Forced Tech Guaranteed Setups(Red marks the guarantee force tech juggles):

H+K, (6P,5P), 8K/9K, 5PKK Jak:2K

6K, 5P/6P; 8K/9K/[3]P, 5PKK Jak:2K

Jak:2K6K; 8K/9K/[3]P, 5PKK Jak:2K

Jak:6P; 8K/9K/[3]P, 5PKK Jak:2K

P+K; 8K/9K/[3]P,5PKK Jak:2K

5KK; Jak:5P, 5PKK Jak:2K

33P; 5PKK Jak:2K

4P+K(Blocked); 6P,8K/9K/[3]P, 5PKK Jak:2K

1H[No C/CH](Ceiling); 66 214p, 8K, 5PP2PP, 6K4K

These are only a few optimal setups to keep the "Vortex" going that I can remember off the top of my head I will update these later if I need to but I think you get the general idea. These only work off near immediate launches, so your gameplan should be to launch ASAP rather than carry stun. Which is much more solid imo anyway but that's beside the point. Lets look at the 2 major force tech situations and options post force tech.

The 2 major force tech normals are

JAK:2K = +14 Force tech

6K4K = +3 BT Force tech(Leaves you at BT)

As you can see we have enough frame data to set up quite a mixup post force tech.

Post Jak:2K Options:
~+14 Force tech~

The Major thing we want to establish is a solid consistent mixup not something with no basis as to why it's done and what is pointless and what isn't done so the main options we have at this point(post force tech) are as follows:

(Midscreen)

• 66~H+K - i14, Tracks, Mid, Good stun that leads back into same situation. The dash is to input a gap to frame trap as well as cover the bit of distance the force tech causes. Mixup with 4P+H.
  • 4P+H - i10, Throw, Causes opponent BT, Leaves you at +4. This throw is far from as useless as people think. The +4 and Opponent in BT creates a a decent amount of damage potential. If opponent tries to block back throw is free. Anything else H+K catches and puts them back in the force tech situation.
  • 66P+H - i7, Throw. Use for the damage when on the verge of a win. Just in case it leaves you at a good range to punish opposing wakeup options.
  • 4PP - Deeper mixup tool, The initial 4P whiffs as fake intentially, mixup with 4P2K. If they crouch to block the 2K on reaction to the whiff then the P follow up (4PP) will cause a stun on them crouching.
  • 4P2K - Deeper mixup tool, The initial 4P whiffs as fake intentially, mixup with 4PP. Leads to good sweep leaving you with at least +10 if they shake that fast if not 6P links.

(Wall)

• 66~6KP/6KK - i13, Wall Splat. Confirm the 6K into follow up.
  • 66P+H - i7, Wall KD. Takes away their wakeup kicks to enable another mixup from wall and does really good damage.
  • 4P+K, i30, GB, +15 on block. REALLY good tool to open people up. It's a mid +15, GB. Use when you have established them to not press buttons but haven't established if they will avoid the throw. Fuzzy guard good as well will break if they stand block and if they go crouching will wallsplat. Good option post 66P+H as well.
  • 46P - i20, Wall Splat, High.-7 on block so relatively safe just a option to have another one. Not bad but it's a high so random low hold or low block will cause to whiff. Stick to 6K but keep this in mind.

Post 6K4K options:
~+3, BT~

(Midscreen)

• 2K - Sweep +10 on fastest shake anything other than immediate fastest shake gives you a 6P to share stun into a 9K/8K launch back into the same mixup.
      • 4P - Mid poke, i14, Stun on crouch block/CH
      • [H]~H+K - Free cancel to H+K still retains the +3 so traps for i11 buttons.

(Wall)

• 2K - Same as above
  • [H]~6KK/6KP - Confirm 6K, i13 mid kick, wallsplat string enders.
  • [H]~66P+H - Wallsplat, really good options mix it up with 6K.

In summary, Don't extend stuns go straight into launch. Keep launches small to recycle vortex and keep them in your mixup.

djynho

Good stuff!! :)
To go into further details, instead of doing 6K4K, you can simply do 6K Jak:2K and that would force tech. Reason being (I didn't test this out yet, so please test it out for me to verify) but I think that if the opponent tech roll the 4K from 6K4K will whiff. I could be wrong though like I said.

Another force tech is (just putting the red input part that does the force tech) 5PP2PP, 2K+HP

Lei

Good stuff!! :)
To go into further details, instead of doing 6K4K, you can simply do 6K Jak:2K and that would force tech. Reason being (I didn't test this out yet, so please test it out for me to verify) but I think that if the opponent tech roll the 4K from 6K4K will whiff. I could be wrong though like I said.

Another force tech is (just putting the red input part that does the force tech) 5PP2PP, 2K+HP

6K4K is forced there is no whiffing. 6K Jak 2K is not forced however can create a situation that if they do tech you are at neutral. This thread is about guaranteed force techs.

Also look at the Video showing you the tech with 6K4K, Recovery aka tech roll is clearly on.
And 2H+KK isn't guaranteed

Scornwell

4H+K P+K 2H+KP guaranteed on heavies but requires a CB to launch. Then again, Christie doesn't have too hard a time CB'ing heavies...

Awesmic

Standard Donor
So long, Christie doll. Your vortex needs to rest for a while longer. Now I can learn how to get into it in the actual game... =3

Slayer DNA

"Force tech with Christie"...
Of-course this sounds good, However this is not something a "good" Christie player would want to spend more than 1 minute on. I've had my share in the testing lab, testing here and about but nothing concrete comes out of it. Her best suited option is DAMAGE. Damage you simply cannot miss out on....

Sixmsj

Great stuff. @Slayer Dna, options and extra tools are always nice. A "good" Christie player would definitely have this in their arsenal.

ILYA✰

"Force tech with Christie"...
Of-course this sounds good, However this is not something a "good" Christie player would want to spend more than 1 minute on. I've had my share in the testing lab, testing here and about but nothing concrete comes out of it. Her best suited option is DAMAGE. Damage you simply cannot miss out on....
Force techs can be very deadly in adding pressure..
Think about the 2 characters getting near a wall..
One option is to effectively wall slam and the other would be to FT and then continue with a wall combo!

Slayer DNA

Force techs can be very deadly in adding pressure..
Think about the 2 characters getting near a wall..
One option is to effectively wall slam and the other would be to FT and then continue with a wall combo!

I done the countless hours testing a good set-up. Nothing worth risking the DAMAGE comes out of it, either your opponent is pushed back at a ridiculous distance or you're caught at very small advantage. Playing against a seasoned opponent, you want to get the most damage possible, dealing with "what if" is not an option I recommend any Christie player.

But enough, this is my opinion :)

Chris Harris

I was also messing with it the past week or so in training mode. You lose too much damage. However there is a use to it because there are some players who get knocked down and have trouble getting back up lmao.

It's still pretty good but I wouldn't rely on it. I would take the damage because of all her other advantages. She has some really nice tools to open up her opponent. That combined with the fact she is one of the fastest characters in the game is enough to put her up there.

Slayer DNA

Its a nice thing to have in the back of your head if the situation was to ever come up. Christie has allot of other things going for her, force tech ... meh..

Lei

Damage output loss is minimal if going for small launches rather than playing with thresholds. That's the point.

I can poke you hit you with a H+K and go straight to launch which would net be around 65 dmg and w/ guaranteed force tech would net me around 62 and leaves me at +14 and you without a wakeup kick. I walk up put you in another mixup and hit you again then you can either A) take the damage and play with threshold or B) Put you back into a mixup and go into the same setup, either way that's around 50-60%. The point is playing outside of carrying thresholds out longer than what is necessary.

To each their own though. The setups listed are for midweights I have since found more optimal setups for lightweights.

Chris Harris

Damage output loss is minimal if going for small launches rather than playing with thresholds. That's the point.

I can poke you hit you with a H+K and go straight to launch which would net be around 65 dmg and w/ guaranteed force tech would net me around 62 and leaves me at +14 and you without a wakeup kick. I walk up put you in another mixup and hit you again then you can either A) take the damage and play with threshold or B) Put you back into a mixup and go into the same setup, either way that's around 50-60%. The point is playing outside of carrying thresholds out longer than what is necessary.

To each their own though. The setups listed are for midweights I have since found more optimal setups for lightweights.

Yea I understand that aspect but I prefer to go for my damage early. I find it more of a good way to mount a comeback and apply pressure than going for it early. But it may work the other way around for other people.

In DOA at high level play it's about getting that momentum and not giving up something big (damage control).

Pokerking87

Not guaranteed but i use them and it Works well.
Jak 2k3k - 3 P+K ~ sitdown throw - 3 P+K ~ K - jugglen (2pp - 6k4k i use)

It Works only when Opponent still in guard Position and leave them After jak2k3k

FakeSypha

On lightweights launching with :9::K: (on NH), followed by :P::K::K:, JAK:2::K:. No delay needed.

Also, Christie can FT pretty much any weight class with :P::K::K::2::K:. It just depends on how much you work the stun before the launch, or if the launcher is CH or hi CH based. Anyway, you need an INSANE timing on the delay of :2::K:, thus making it a bit unpractical (not to mention the potential damage loss). It's worth mentioning you'll get +16i of advantage from this... if you can pull it, lol.

Good stuff OP.

Lei

On lightweights launching with :9::K: (on NH), followed by :P::K::K:, JAK:2::K:. No delay needed.

Also, Christie can FT pretty much any weight class with :P::K::K::2::K:. It just depends on how much you work the stun before the launch, or if the launcher is CH or hi CH based. Anyway, you need an INSANE timing on the delay of :2::K:, thus making it a bit unpractical (not to mention the potential damage loss). It's worth mentioning you'll get +16i of advantage from this... if you can pull it, lol.

Good stuff OP.

BNB Lightweight forcetech with no delay is 2PP, 2F+K:K Guaranteed that is from stun into launch. Christie Cannot force tech heavy weights in most situations.

Susanoo-

Good info. I think having Christie as my secondary is certainly a good option, especially if Tina gets too much to handle in an opponent. With this and some past knowledge passed on by Awesmic, I should find her rather handy.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD