Bass Matchups/Character Strats

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Yeah against Rose it's best to be at that mid range area. She doesn't FS as much with Marionette the further she's out, and Bass' optimum range is mid range where he can zone with 6P and 1P.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I started to like BT:2::H+P: and BT :H+P: due to :6::6::K: scenarios. :4::H+K: uncharged GB into K from GB to GB and :6::P: and :4::P: for tracking.

I definitely need to work on is getting the Bass pick ups and burst situations. (I froze up playing Eman after I got a burst in where I just stood there rather blank "......Oh snap..." and lost tickets to winning a close sets.) Also I have issues where the pick up from after :6::K::P: whiffs playing against people in general. However in the lab, it works every single time. You are not even allowed to tech roll since it's a straight knockdown so I have issues understanding this particular one.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I started to like BT:2::H+P: and BT :H+P: due to :6::6::K: scenarios. :4::H+K: uncharged GB into K from GB to GB and :6::P: and :4::P: for tracking.

I definitely need to work on is getting the Bass pick ups and burst situations. (I froze up playing Eman after I got a burst in where I just stood there rather blank "......Oh snap..." and lost tickets to winning a close sets.) Also I have issues where the pick up from after :6::K::P: whiffs playing against people in general. However in the lab, it works every single time. You are not even allowed to tech roll since it's a straight knockdown so I have issues understanding this particular one.

CB! > 214P > 41236H+P H+P is the most damaging juggle. If Up against a wall use 7K.

You also have enough time to option select the 3P+KT where the 3P+K hits you have enough time to do a 7K if you whiff the throw through the CB stun.

6KP only guarantees a ground throw if the opponent is not in air state. 6KP shouldn't require a dash unless you hit at tip range, and even then the dash makes the throw not guaranteed. His range on 2H+P is rather far so you may be surprised not to dash.

If you do 6KP in juggle, make sure the opponent isn't too high, otherwise you'll mistime the option select and end up whiffing the ground pick-up putting you in disadvantage if they teched.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
CB! > 214P > 41236H+P H+P is the most damaging juggle. If Up against a wall use 7K.

You also have enough time to option select the 3P+KT where the 3P+K hits you have enough time to do a 7K if you whiff the throw through the CB stun.

6KP only guarantees a ground throw if the opponent is not in air state. 6KP shouldn't require a dash unless you hit at tip range, and even then the dash makes the throw not guaranteed. His range on 2H+P is rather far so you may be surprised not to dash.

If you do 6KP in juggle, make sure the opponent isn't too high, otherwise you'll mistime the option select and end up whiffing the ground pick-up putting you in disadvantage if they teched.

Ah now I see, ok. Definitely my part there. Yeah I figured the 6KP wouldn't work on the air state during Recovery test. I was having issues on the raw situations and even 6H+K on raw hit/CH. (I get a lot of mistimed pick ups on this one so I need to work on that.) Might be the habit of me only hitting the 2T once.

Rich Nixon

Standard Donor
Also get used to using 66p+k at mid range. On hit you get a tech able knockdown where you can get a free ground throw and if they tech, you at plus to use most moves and OHs.
+9i to be exact after the tech. I like to go for 66 H+P, WR 64 H+P, or just do another 66p+k. It's great for characters with parries since it gives an unholdable animation.

Last edited:

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Trying to catch Zack with anything other than :6::6::h::+::P: is awkward since he has a weird hurt box and other OHs have a tendency to whiff on him.

With more MU testing in general, his tier placement may stay at mid while slowly climbing upward where he has answers to most things in the game with the exception of Genfu who can try to avoid some 50/50s. It's starting look good for long term Bass players.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD