Bass Okizeme

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
We already know about his :2::H+P: game, but is there anything we can get out of opting for a 'pick-up' via attack in the same situations? I'm trying to see if he has any set-ups that would be viable?

Facts about :2::H+P::
  • 7i ground throw
  • Does 0 damage
  • Leaves Bass at +11 on front-turned (FT)
  • Leaves Bass at +9 on back-turned (BT)
  • Range: Medium
  • :426::H+P: will whiff on FT due to range if opponent does nothing
  • :426::H+P: will hit on BT as long as opponent does not dash away
  • :3::K: is fastest attack that has reach and is 15i
  • Too far out for standard throw game

So let's look into his other options that we have if we also are guaranteed :2::H+P::

• :1::P:
  • 22i attack
  • Does 7 damage
  • Leaves Bass at +12 or +13 depending on knockdown attack range
  • Range: Close
  • Is within range for throw on FT, though not guaranteed
  • Since crouching, TFBB is valid throw option on FT
  • Can perform :P+K: or :6::K: on FT due to range even if opponent attempts to back dash
  • At +13, Bass' :236::P: will connect on the 2nd hit frame, hitting even a 9 framer due to the range and giving him +5 on guard if opponent is guarding. Counter hit will give stun for hit throw.
  • Is out of range for throw on BT
  • :1::K::5::1::P:
  • :1::K::5::1::K:
  • :1::K::5::2::P:
  • :2::P::5::1::K:
  • :2::P::5::1::P:
  • :2::P::5::2::P:
  • :8::P:

Snipeclips

Well it's like the okizeme thread you made, just without :2::H+P:. Super Freak launcher, :6::6::P+K:, leaves you at frame advantage if they tech. I don't think you could grab or hit them while they're rising from a tech but its enough to land a CH or an OH grab if they decide to use ground moves. Bass recovers faster than they do if they tech, which is why it could be a nice alternative to his pick up.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Well, there's also force teching which gives you way more advantage and you can't always rely on an opponent teching everything you do consistently.

shinryu

There are definitely setups for situations where you can either force tech or be at enough advantage on recovery you might as well have forced a tech. For Bass it seems like 6kk will do this off 33p; either you hit the second kick if they don't tech or you're at like +6 or something if they do. Sorry if this is known stuff, have just started playing with these for all the characters. You are leaving a lot of damage on the table but if you would rather keep up the pressure you're at something like +6 disadvantage even if they tech the second k. You're at something like +19 if they miss the tech so that's a lot of room to work.

Also: Any reason not to use 1p instead of ground throw most of the time? Unless there's some specific knockdowns where it doesn't hit 1p gives damage and better advantage as near as I can tell after 6kp and similar.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
6KK was his old force tech/untechable. The problem I found with it is that it can sometimes knock them too far away and still have too much of a chance of having the opponent tech before or after the hit. Just... feels too sketchy for me.

Snipeclips

Damn this whole time I posted on the wrong thread lol. Was meant on the other Bass thread but I hope you understand.

shinryu

6KK was his old force tech/untechable. The problem I found with it is that it can sometimes knock them too far away and still have too much of a chance of having the opponent tech before or after the hit. Just... feels too sketchy for me.

Well, that's sort of the beauty; if the second k whiffs because they tech you have enough advantage to hit them with a lot of things. I think 66f+p might even work. It's an effective +5 to +7. I wouldn't use it off a launch that gave you 9pkp by any means. But if you got a little counterhit launch out of nowhere this at least lets you keep up pressure.

I really need to take Bass up more seriously. Guy just seems like a lot of fun to play. Bayman/Tina/MIla are all so fun to play though too. It's hard to tear myself away

Snipeclips

Well, there's also force teching which gives you way more advantage and you can't always rely on an opponent teching everything you do consistently.
If they don't tech, you get free pick up, they can't instantly throw out a sweep or get up unless the timing on either one is different.

Scornwell

I've been playing around with :3::3::P: :8::P: lately. It's a pseudo force tech similar to the one mentioned earlier by Shinryu, except for a few differences, which I shall list:

Shinryu's 33P 6KK
36 - 41 DMG
+21 on Force Tech
+6 at false neutral

My 33P 8P:
21 - 36 DMG
+23 on Force Tech
+8 at false neutral

Shinryu's is pretty clever and does more damage, but mine squeezes in a couple extra frames. All depends on what you want to do after the tech.

Edit: Oopsies...

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
By 2KK do you mean 6KK?

I know that 6KP puts in a similar situation where you're at + on tech or you get free pick-up if no tech and it's reactionary.

Scornwell

By 2KK do you mean 6KK?

I know that 6KP puts in a similar situation where you're at + on tech or you get free pick-up if no tech and it's reactionary.
Whoops, fixed.
Do you mean 6KP after 33P? If you delay the last P, you get similar results to the tech Shinryu posted.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Yes, I'm aware that 6KP or 8P does a force tech, but I was referring to doing 6KP for the damage then responding to the tech or no tech visually.

LostSkeleton73

Standard Donor
I've been pushing Bass as a force tech fighter whenever possible, keeping his ground grab for moments when my opponent is close to a wall to guarantee it will work. One thing that I've noticed is this:
When I force tech my opponent with 1P, it almost automatically results in pulling off the TFBB as soon as they rise. I've tested it online, as well against the AI and it looks guaran-darn-teed. It also seems to work with the Fireman's Carry/unbreakable throw, but I digress.
Just reckoned I would share this with you fellas.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I've been pushing Bass as a force tech fighter whenever possible, keeping his ground grab for moments when my opponent is close to a wall to guarantee it will work. One thing that I've noticed is this:
When I force tech my opponent with 1P, it almost automatically results in pulling off the TFBB as soon as they rise. I've tested it online, as well against the AI and it looks guaran-darn-teed. It also seems to work with the Fireman's Carry/unbreakable throw, but I digress.
Just reckoned I would share this with you fellas.

Merged your thread into the okizeme thread. Sorry, when you said 1P earlier I was thinking 2P. As explained in the original post 1P will leave him at +12 to +13 advantage so any of his 11i throws are viable after it. However, it is not guaranteed and an opponent can attack out of it or low hold to avoid it.

LostSkeleton73

Standard Donor
Thanks man!
I'll have to run some more tests on it then, as it's been coming out guaranteed for me. Can't argue against frame data though. :)

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I recently found out that :2::K: stomp is guaranteed after NH :214::P: and it becomes untechable. It's not actually the best option in most cases since you'd rather want to go for a ground throw or wait for the opponent to tech roll instead to gain advantage. However, if you're opponent is on their last few units of health, you might as well just stomp them as it's untechable. It takes a bit of getting used to.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD