Bayman changes in Last Round

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
9P: Change the status at the end from standing to rising.

3K: Changed the hit effect on crouching normal hit. Advantage on block changed from -9F to -5F.

1K: Damage increased from 20 to 25.

BT PP: Advantage on normal hit decreased from -10F to -9F.

Wall 6T: No longer causes stage destruction.

Facing away from the wall 4T: No longer causes stage destruction.

Against back-turned and crouching opponent 2T: Damage of the third portion changed from 20 to 30.

All offensive holds: Grab distance extended 10cm.

EX P hold: Floor break caused during the second portion now instead of the first.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is the changes as far as we know, but changing small things can usually affect more things than intended or they just dont list every little thing so if we notice anything please post it here. for example:

:P::K::P:,:236::P:, :9::P:,:3::P+K: :H+P:

the rolling throw is now guaranteed on light weight characters, so i would suggest checking back on any combos where the opponent was able to tech that as that may no longer be the case. the more combos we can use the rolling throw the better because the distance it gives us allows us more control of the oki.

2T chain throw now does up to back breaker damage on hi-counter and speaking of :426::[H+P]: we have a problem. remember when you used to be able to do 2T afterwords? yeah DO NOT DO THAT. the opponent can not only still tech it, but they tech up DIRECTLY BEHIND YOU. ive noticed the tracking has gotten wonky on some of his stuff and this is one of them.

his wall game was buffed considerably. with the range increase on his OHs which has considerably helped the wall detection, and of course now that the wall no longer breaks from it you're able to keep that pressure in many more places. plus it gives you a good finishing option, once you feel they've had enough hit them into the obstacle.

we've unforuntaly lost the ability to cause a sitdown on neutral crouching opponent with :3::K:, so you better start looking for good alternatives

and yeah i can really feel the range increase on his OHs especially the DDT. i think this can be used to catch techers better now....

that's about it from what i can tell let me know if you find anything else.

Last edited:

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
...(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I give up. I try to be useful but I just post nothing but incorrect or useless info

image.jpg

I didn't think weight would affect it so I only tested it with Ayane

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
It's ok, I don't think you need to become a clam for your sins.

But yea, weight effects launch height. And the higher up somebody is, the farther they have to fall on hard knockdowns and the more advantage you get out of the recovery as a result.

So it would make sense if it worked for lightweights and not anyone else. By default I use Ryu as my practice dummy for this reason. Gives me a solid basis for bread and butters.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I understand. I truly have no idea how to practice or lab stuff lol. I pretty much learn my stuff by playing people
That is actually the best way of learning a character imo. DOA doesn't have that many characters with very hard inputs requiring constant practice and lab time and you want to learn while seeing what works in a real match.

This is especially useful for Bayman once you have your basic bread and butter and just want to get in there and start playing.

XEN0M0RPH

That is actually the best way of learning a character imo. DOA doesn't have that many characters with very hard inputs requiring constant practice and lab time and you want to learn while seeing what works in a real match.

This is especially useful for Bayman once you have your basic bread and butter and just want to get in there and start playing.
Thats how feel entirely. And with bayman, its not really combos. Its more situational awareness and reactions. I know Im not getting optimized damage because I drop 3K 3P+K T too much, so I just go with simpler stuff and good spacing for 8P whiff punishing. Right now Im working on Tina for a secondary, and sitting in the lab is boring. Pretty much when I can remember the combo throws, I wanna play and feel out the speed of the character.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
i agree 100% that the best way to learn a character is to just "do it" but its called the "lab" for a reason, while in practice mode you can try out anything you want in a safe environment where you can alter the variables at your whim. a lot of the lab involves using moves together that you normally wouldn't think would work for obvious reason this isn't something you typically want to try in a real match.

I know Bayman and I can use him at a relatively high level I beleive, but using the lab is about the desire to go beyond that standard.

Bayman is the character who doesn't need to practice combo too much in lab. However, u still need the lab to understand the MU against the others. I believe that's the main reason for the existence of Lab, not only Bayman but the others.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD