DOA5U Bayman Discussion thread

KidArk

I need somewhere to talk bayman and considering all his threads are dead I couldn't find anywhere to just post what I wanna say.
Firstly. .. 44T is so freaking good, it's 10 frames and when you get them on counter throw you get a guaranteed 3PPK 4P6K 3K 2T T
Secondly 2H+K is really good its a nice crush, but on CH if they don't tech you get a free 8p +12 force tech. This works best when you do p6p2k then you get the 8p, once they start teaching you're at less advantage but since they had to tech you have more time to just do your follow up and force them to wake up into it..besides you're +6 .
Forward tank roll t gives you a guaranteed 8p force tech and also causes people to respect the forward roll allowing for all the other options out the roll to actually become viable
Off almost any stun bayman can grab, or just go into 9k 3k 3p+k t , 2H K 3rd 3p+k t, or 236p 33p 3k 2T T making his mix up game really strong aside from CB and H+K back turn shenanigans
He also has leon's STUN!, 2K, 3K, CB!
Remember you're +3 after any throw/hold combination is broken, so mash away! I tend to let them break the STF so I can keep pressuring .
After 236T back breaker you have a chance to get a ground throw on their arm unless they tech. If they do tech and you predict it you can land a DDT and just end the fight in two throws more or less 222 damage on ct throw
I'll think of more stuff to mention later but I'm just getting back into bayman and there's literally nothing happening in his forums

Last edited:

KidArk

To who it may concern, I play Leon also and since it seems everyone who plays bay man also uses Leon this should be sort of obvious, after knock someone into a breakable object with bayman, you get 3K 236P 33P 3K 2T T in open space, 3K 214P BT PPP 2T T
His wall splats are 6ppk and 3ppk with 3ppk being his most damaging but sometimes it'll wiff the k if you do it off a bad splat or on a heavy.

KidArk

1 guess bayman cb ON CH, 6p+k , h+k <limbo> , 2k, 3k, 7P
On NH it becomes a bound combo after 3k you press 9p 3p+k t or 9p 2t t
Basically at threshold instead of pressing 7P for burst you can 3k 3p+k t or 2k 3k 9p 3p+kt or 9p 2t t

Last edited:

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
So that's what that's for. the whole leg flop thing prior was an indication you could get a free ground throw so I was kinda at a loss as to what to do there. Didn't occur to me that 3k would do anything besides flatten them

KidArk

So.. When bayman gets 2T T <on the feet >broken he isn't considered back turned anymore after the break. I used to like this because I had back turned setups which won't work now that I'm considered facing them a after the break. Among the things it allowed , It allowed for a back turn T near a wall which was like the only time that move is useful to throw out.

Last edited:

Hikari-Senca

Thought I'd post a few Bayman tricks. A great hold-bait option I like to use is CB, launch or throw after 2KK or 1K in stun. Obviously, It can be shaken to +17 on fastest, but if you know they're going to hold when the threshold is near LV3 or even LV2 it becomes a deadly option for Bayman

For example, once I 2KK after CH 3P or 6KP, If they critical hold on fastest after 2KK then you can easily get a Hi-counter 41236T or a 33P on them. If they hold on the fast setting then you can do whatever you want, but I prefer 7P. What this means is that they can't spam hold on reaction because the recovery from it will get them killed, they have to either hold as late as possible (slow setting in training) or just shake the stun and not hold. It surprisingly works more often then not because we all know people love to hold even if a stun is weak, but on a smarter player, you can choose to go for 33P after 2KK to make them want to hold the only viable option from a +17 stun, which then grants you the option to either throw, launch with 33P or even CB your opponent depending on their hold timing. It's not for everyone but it's a nice way to punish people who like to hold a lot.

Another set up: after a wall smash, if you do 3PP6K and then execute a well-timed 2T, you'll be able to option select your opponent's wake up options based on how they'll react. If they tech (which they always do) your 2T, you'll be at enough advantage on whiff to interrupt your opponent with a move up to i14 (or a high crush if you know they'll attack with a high) thanks to them recovering from the tech. And if they don't tech, then they'll be eating a 2T.

To make this work, you have to slightly delay 2T to the point where it'll connect and keep you at advantage on whiff at the same time. The best part about this is that you don't have to worry if they'll tech or not because the throw animation helps to give you time to prepare the 22T follow up, so all you really need to focus on is the tech option and what they'll do afterwards. You can even use 214T after 3PP6K if you know they won't stay down long enough for 2T to connect, which no one ever does, which is great for Bayman...haha

Last edited:

dorrzz

After I was inspired by #3 post, i was training F+K limbo stun.
1. After F+K limbo stun, the air combo is
f+k, 9k , 4p6k, 3k, 2t, 22t (light weight)

2. While F+K limbo stun, 2k, 236p or 4P+K can get a highest height.
f+k, 2k, 236p, 3pp6k, 3k, 2t, 22t (only light weight)
Oppenent can break 236p using only fastest mid punch hold.

3. After counter 44T, get same direction stance
- after counter 44T, 3p4p -> F+K

Last edited:

KidArk

Let me get this straight 4T camera change is an aesthetic buff...granted I like what it looks like but come on team ninja gah.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Aesthetic buffs for Bayman are the best kind of buffs. At least as far as tournaments go.

No power is greater than the roar of the crowd.

KidArk

Aesthetic buffs for Bayman are the best kind of buffs. At least as far as tournaments go.

No power is greater than the roar of the crowd.

Hey Rik, I've been keeping the throne warm in your absence. You let SR haul as and beat everyone :I. I like the batman vs fu matchup.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
It is my opinion that Batman has edge on Fu. While Fu is old and a master of The Ancient Chinese Art, Batman still has his youth, is also a master of CQC and has dozens of gadgets at his disposal.

Batman can also glide if need be, so he takes less damage from falls.

KidArk

It is my opinion that Batman has edge on Fu. While Fu is old and a master of The Ancient Chinese Art, Batman still has his youth, is also a master of CQC and has dozens of gadgets at his disposal.

Batman can also glide if need be, so he takes less damage from falls.

Fml, every time I type Bayman on my phone it swears it knows better and auto corrects it as batman :/. Since the two are so similar I seldom see it 's wrong and more often than not, I just miss it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD