DOA5U Bayman Guide Video (In Progress)

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Let's make this a joint effort. I am still a tender foot with this character and I don't know all the tech, but I'm starting to amass enough where I feel like I can start recording. I'm going to maintain the OP with each section of the video and what combos/tech I'll be doing in each section. If you respond with additional tech, I'll update the OP with it. Once we are all satisfied with the info, I'll start the project.

Tips and Tricks Video Here

Guaranteed Damage:
:236::P:, :3::K:, :2::H+P:, :2::2::H+P:
*Crouching Opponent* :3::K:, :236::P:, :3::K:, :3::P+K:, :H+P:
CH:4::4::H+P:, :3::P::P::K:, :3::K:, :3::P+K:, :H+P:

Quick Launch: Initiate Stun With Any Of The Following (CH:3::P:, :4::P+K:, :6::6::P:, CH:2::K::K:, :P::P::P:, Non GB :6::P+K:)
Initiate :236::P:, :3::K:, :3::P+K:, :H+P:

Launch Heights & Juggles (I would appreciate help/advice on better options here):
Lvl 1. :236::P: - Light to Welter - :3::K::3::P+K::H+P: OR :P::P::K:, :3::P+K:
Lvl 2. :236::P: - Light to Welter - :3::K::3::P+K::H+P: OR :3::3::P:, :P::P::K:, :3::P+K:
Lvl 3. :236::P: - Light to Welter - :3::3::P:, :3::K:, :2::H+P:, :2::2::H+P:

Lvl 1. :9::K: - Light to Welter - :3::K:, :2::H+P:, :2::2::H+P: OR :P::P::K:, :3::P+K:
Lvl 2. :9::K: - Light to Welter - :3::K::3::P+K::H+P:
Lvl 3. :9::K: - Light to Welter - :3::K::3::P+K::H+P:

Lvl 1. WR:K: - Light to Welter - :3::K:, :2::H+P:, :2::2::H+P: OR :P::P::K:, :3::P+K:
Lvl 2. WR:K: - Light to Welter - :3::K::3::P+K::H+P:
Lvl 3. WR:K: - Light to Welter - :3::K::3::P+K::H+P:

Lvl 1. :3::3::P: - Light to Welter - :3::K::3::P+K::H+P:
Lvl 2. :3::3::P: - Light to Welter - :3::K::3::P+K::H+P:
Lvl 3. :3::3::P: - Light to Welter - :3::K::3::P+K::H+P:

Lvl 1 - 3 :7::K: - Light to Welter - :P::P::P: OR :P::P: :6::6: (Mix Up)

Back Turned Tech:
:214::P:, :h:, :4::K:, :236::P:, :4::P::6::K:, :3::K:, :2::H+P:, :2::2::H+P:
:214::P:, :H+P:, :426::H+P:, :4::H+P:
:214::P::P:, :P::P::K:, :3::P+K:(Mix Up)
:214::P:, :4::P::K:, :7::P+K:

Frame Traps:
:6::P+K:(GB, +9), :4::H+P:(7(2)24)
:6::6::K:(+14), :426::H+P:(12(2)26)

Tank Roll Tech:
:3::P::P::6::K::8::P+K:, :3::3::P:(If they try to crouch it will stun, if they go to grab low, it launches for :3::K:, :3::P+K:, :H+P:)
On low launches, juggle with :P::P::K: and follow up with :3::P+K: for mix up options. If they don't tech immediately, use :H+P: as the ender.)

Last edited:
It only works in super heavy weight because :3::P::P::K: will launch people in a ridiculous height after CH :4::4::H+P:, so the :3::K: will push the opponent further and makes :3::P+K::H+P: whiff on the other weight classes. I recommend you test the combos in all weight classes cause most of Bayman's launcher works different way in different weight class.
FYI, in this case, the combo should be CH:4::4::H+P:,:3::P::P::K:,:4::P::6::K:,:3::K::2::H+P::2::2::H+P: (works from light to mid)... For:helena:, :genfu:, :alpha152:, I'm just lazy to test it out, sorry :(
Note: after :4::4::H+P:, :3::P::P:, the launching :K: will whiff if your opponent SE in fastest speed.
:3::P::P::6::K::8::P+K:, :3::3::P:(If they try to crouch it will stun, if they go to grab low, it launches for :3::K:, :3::P+K:, :H+P:)
For people who have decent knowledge about Bayman, there's no tricky here... To avoid the STF and further mix up of the tank wheel, just low thow (Hi-counter) when Bayman started rolling on the ground and can not do anything (for a little of time), no need to crouch or doing anything else. So yeah, if your opponent is playing in defensive style, I don't recommend you to abuse it.

Last edited:

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
It only works in super heavy weight because :3::P::P::K: will launch people in a ridiculous height after CH :4::4::H+P:, so the :3::K: will push the opponent further and makes :3::P+K::H+P: whiff on the other weight classes. I recommend you test the combos in all weight classes cause most of Bayman's launcher works different way in different weight class.
True, if you execute the string without a pause, yes, it pushes them too far.

For people who have decent knowledge about Bayman, there's no tricky here... To avoid the STF and further mix up of the tank wheel, just low thow (Hi-counter) when Bayman started rolling on the ground and can not do anything (for a little of time), no need to crouch or doing anything else. So yeah, if your opponent is playing in defensive style, I don't recommend you to abuse it.
When you do perform the tank wheel in a string and they're in stagger you can't grab Bayman. Sure, if they blocked the :3::P::P::6::K: string, then yes, it's a no brainer to low grab the tank wheel.

True, if you execute the string without a pause, yes, it pushes them too far.
The question is "Why do you need to pause?", it requires timing and does less damage than the easier one (no timing) (except super heavy weight, same amount of damage).
When you do perform the tank wheel in a string and they're in stagger you can't grab Bayman. Sure, if they blocked the :3::P::P::6::K: string, then yes, it's a no brainer to low grab the tank wheel.
Even when the opponent is eating full :3::P::P::6::K:, they just need a little of time to recover because this string only gives you about +20 (I don't remember too well and lazy to check). If u don't go to STF, then it's probably a big problem... No STF means you're performing full tank wheel animation with nothing, so the opponent will have more than enough time to recover and also have frame advantage in the end of the tank wheel animation (correct me if I'm wrong)... We can discuss more about that situation tho, I'm just lazy to turn on the PS3 in the late of night lol.

Last edited:

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Even when the opponent is eating full :3::P::P::6::K:, they just need a little of time to recover because this string only gives you about +20 (I don't remember too well and lazy to check). If u don't go to STF, then it's probably a big problem... No STF means you're performing full tank wheel animation with nothing, so the opponent will have more than enough time to recover and also have frame advantage in the end of the tank wheel animation (correct me if I'm wrong)... We can discuss more about that situation tho, I'm just lazy to turn on the PS3 in the late of night lol.
Yes, the opponent can stagger at fastest speed and then mash if they're a fast character to beat you out. Is this guaranteed? No. Is it a viable mix up option, yes. I'm trying to inject some kind of life and creativity into this character and his forum; however, I notice a trend of people simply knocking anyone who isn't Rikuto who is trying to offer some input.

I think the real problem here is that there is too much of this:
I'm just lazy
So if you want to contribute some tech so that I can update the OP, tha'd be awesome. I will break down the juggle situations between weight classes as well because I do realize his launch heights can be confusing on which juggle to use.

I'm trying to inject some kind of life and creativity into this character and his forum; however, I notice a trend of people simply knocking anyone who isn't Rikuto who is trying to offer some input.
I just want to discuss, no offense here. You can show the idea, that's great. I just state the bad side and good side of the idea and try to find the best option for the certain situation. Happy discussing !
For the contributing part, of course. I'm very happy to do it. There are 2 new tech (or people didn't mention it before) I want u guys to discuss:

Floating situation:
It's rarely happen in the fight. However, if you accidentally pull it out, I find some follow up to finish the combo instead of seeing the opponent floating away. There are:
Floating, :6::6:, :6::6::P:,:3::K:,:2::H+P::2::2::H+P: (Works from feather to Welter)
Floating, :3::K:, :3::H+K::H+P: (Works with all weight classes)

Critical Burst combo on Alpha-152:
Besides the stupid training combo, there are 2 easier way to do it with higher damage:
CB, :236::P:, :3::3::P:, :3::3::P:, :3::K:, :2::H+P::2::2::H+P:
CB, WR:K:, :4::P::6::K:, :3::K:, :2::H+P::2::2::H+P:

For more information (floating set up, Cb set up, damage), please check the video below (iPad recording's quality, 720p for the sake of your eyes lol)

Last edited:

SweetSauceBoss

Guaranteed Damage:

I was just testing this combo earlier today. I tried on different weight classes and it was frustrating to see that sometimes if you whiff and sometimes it wouldn't. Super Heavy characters (Leon and Bass) get launched because of their height. It had more success with the staggering set at fastest.

Another combo from that CH throw I was working with was:

CH:4::4::H+P:, :3::P::P:, :h::+::K:, WR:K:, :3::K:, :3::P+K:, :H+P:

This worked with the stagger setting on fastest for (tested on Ayane) with a whooping 131 damage but didn't seem to work on Rig with the same setting. I didn't delve into it but I probably will later on tonight. Do you guys have any info on this particular combo?

Guaranteed Damage:

I was just testing this combo earlier today. I tried on different weight classes and it was frustrating to see that sometimes if you whiff and sometimes it wouldn't. Super Heavy characters (Leon and Bass) get launched because of their height. It had more success with the staggering set at fastest.
I have no clue about what type of whiff you mentioned here. There are two chances to whiff the combo:
1st one:
after :4::4::H+P:, :3::P::P:, the launching :K: will whiff if your opponent SE in fastest speed.
You can not do anything to prevent it, all depend on how fast the opponent is

2nd one
:3::P::P::K: will launch people in a ridiculous height after CH :4::4::H+P:, so the :3::K: will push the opponent further and makes :3::P+K::H+P: whiff on the other weight classes.
You can prevent it now.
The instant :3::K: only works in super heavy, other weight classes = require timing (a pause before :3::K:).
If you don't want to pause, then:
FYI, in this case, the combo should be CH:4::4::H+P:,:3::P::P::K:,:4::P::6::K:,:3::K::2::H+P::2::2::H+P: (works from light to cruiser)
For :genfu:: CH:4::4::H+P:,:3::P::P::K:, :3::3::P:,:3::K:, :2::H+P::2::2::H+P:
:alpha152: : CH:4::4::H+P:,:3::P::P::K:, :4::P::6::K:, :3::K:, :3::P+K: :H+P:

SweetSauceBoss

I have no clue about what type of whiff you mentioned here. There are two chances to whiff the combo:
1st one:

You can not do anything to prevent it, all depend on how fast the opponent is

2nd one

You can prevent it now.
The instant :3::K: only works in super heavy, other weight classes = require timing (a pause before :3::K:).
If you don't want to pause, then:

I was just reiterating the fact that the :K: in :3::P::P::K: would whiff on lighter characters so it's not guaranteed. I got you.

The second combo: CH :4::4::h::+::P:, :3::P::P:, :h::+::K:, WR:K:, :3::K:, :3::P::+::K:, :h::+::P:

:h::+::K: would not hit Rig or Leon but it does hit Ayane, again I didn't test all other characters yet. Just wondering if this works on all light weight characters.

I was just reiterating the fact that the :K: in :3::P::P::K: would whiff on lighter characters so it's not guaranteed. I got you.
I never whiff that :K: in every weight classes unless the opponent SE at fastest speed.
Of course, it's not guaranteed.
The highest damage and guaranteed set-up after CH :4::4::H+P: is :426: :H+P: :4::H+P: (100 damage and more with the wall version)

Last edited:

SweetSauceBoss

So, here's what I've found with these two combos.

1st Combo: CH:4::4::h::+::P:, :3::P::P::K:, :4::P::6::K:, :3::K:, :2::h::+::P:. :2::2::h::+::P:
2nd Combo: CH:4::4::h::+::P:, :3::P::P:, :h::+::K:, WR:K:, :3::K:, :3::P::+::K:,:3: :h::+::P:

And I'm using the Weight-classes described in this forum:
http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/dead-or-alive-5-ultimate-weight-classes.3228/

Here's what works (from my time in practice):

Tested on Feather (Alpha):

Stagger Off-Fast
1st Combo (Modified to :3::K: , :3::P::+::K:, :3::h::+::P:) works
2nd Combo doesn't

Stagger Fastest
1st Combo doesn't work
2nd Combo (Modified to WR:K:, :4::P::6::K:, :3::K:, :2::h::+::P:) works

Tested on Super-light, Light, Cruiser, and Middleweights:

Stagger Off-Fast
1st Combo works
2nd Combo doesn't work

Stagger Fastest
1st Combo doesn't work
2nd Combo works

Tested on Welterweight (Leifang and Pai):

Stagger Off-Fast
1st Combo doesn't work
2nd Combo doesn't work

Stagger Fastest
1st Combo doesn't work
2nd Combo works

Tested on Heavy (Gen-Fu):

Stagger Off-Slow
1st Combo works
2nd Combo doesn't

Stagger Fast
1st Combo works
2nd Combo works

Stagger Fastest

1st Combo doesn't
2nd Combo works

Tested on Super-Heavyweights:

Stagger Off, Fast, Fastest
1st Combo (Modified to :3::P::P::K:, :3::K:, :3::P::+::K:, :3::h::+::P:) works
2nd Combo works

Stagger Slow
1st Combo (Modified) works
2nd Combo doesn't work

SO, that covers everyone. Those combos are... really something. All depends on the weightclass AND opponents stagger recovery. Good damage but it's very specific and too much work for it to be practical in gameplay. Can you guys confirm these? Sorry I know I've only focused on this combo from his CH throw but.. I don't know, I felt the need to work something out lol. Let me know what's up ya'll.

About your 2nd "combo", it requires the opponent to stagger escape at fast/fastest speed (human won't do it easily) in most cases. So, if they don't SE or SE at low speed, the :H+K: just whiff, and you will be at disadvantage (-16, punishable) compare to the 1st combo (the launching :K: whiff, +0 frame, safe).
Actually, you will have 23~33 frames to connect your mix-up after :3::P::P:, the only thing u need here is reach (which launching :K:, :H+K:, etc are lacking) to prevent the whiffing. The :236::P: does have enough reach to launch the opponent no matter what, but the heights are different depend on how fast they SE, so you have to be careful with your follows up.
If you want my opinion about the best option after CH :4: :4: :H+P:, I would choose the 100+ guaranteed :426::H+P: :4::H+P: to save all the hasstle.

Last edited:

SweetSauceBoss

About your 2nd "combo", it requires the opponent to stagger escape at fast/fastest speed (human won't do it easily) in most cases. So, if they don't SE or SE at low speed, the :H+K: just whiff, and you will be at disadvantage (-16, punishable) compare to the 1st combo (the launching :K: whiff, +0 frame, safe).
Actually, you will have 23~33 frames to connect your mix-up after :3::P::P:, the only thing u need here is reach (which launching :K:, :H+K:, etc are lacking) to prevent the whiffing. The :236::P: does have enough reach to launch the opponent no matter what, but the heights are different depend on how fast they SE, so you have to be careful with your follows up.
If you want my opinion about the best option after CH :4: :4: :H+P:, I would choose the 100+ guaranteed :426::H+P: :4::H+P: to save all the hasstle.
Oh okay cool. Yeah it's too situational I guess, unless you know for sure they are stagger escaping at the fastest speed. And I didn't look at the recovery periods of the combos whiffing which is really good to know lol. Ah good stuff, probably just stick to that combo if I ever do this throw. Kudos man.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD