Bayman matchups

KidArk

yep,besides dont you have homework? STOP SLACKING GET TO WORK! jk

LOL it's a 10 page paper i don't think it matters how much I make messages on the side the amount of progress i'd make during sending this message would be irrelevant.. But yes I am slacking ._. 4 pages down!

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
So how do you guys feel about the Bayman x Rig matchup? Personally, I'd say it's 6-4 Bayman. Bayman has a few decent high crushes to deal with Rig's mostly high strike game, like 1P, 2H+K, or good ol' 2P. And of course, we can't forget tank roll. Then there's also the super effective expert high holds, as well. Rig (or a bad Rig, anyway) supplies us with a lot of chances to say "Bingo!"

I honestly don't know that much about Rig though, since no one plays him, so I'm asking for some input here from my fellow sambo enthusiasts.

Also, in regards to the Bayman x Pai matchup, the MU chart lists it as 7-3 Bayman. Why is this? I've never even seen this MU discussed before. I know that Pai has a lot of highs, but she's faster that Bayman and I'd imagine that she has some mixup options to thwart the tank roll. Like Rig though, I don't encounter too many Pai players, so I'm asking for input.

Let's get some data flowing and move our Baylord up that tier list.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Bayman x Rig matchup favors Bayman greatly because all of Rig's pressure comes from Bending mixups.

Every option out of bending, save one, can be beaten with tank roll into STF. That turns what is normally a pressure situation into a huge liability.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Bayman x Rig matchup favors Bayman greatly because all of Rig's pressure comes from Bending mixups.

Every option out of bending, save one, can be beaten with tank roll into STF. That turns what is normally a pressure situation into a huge liability.

Thanks for the info. If you care to mention a MU score, by "favors Bayman greatly" would you consider it 6-4, or 7-3?

Yaguar

Not sure if I was constantly getting lucky with this but
vs. Alpha
:2::P+K: :H+P: :2::T: can be followed up by :3::P+K: :H+P: :2::H+P: :2::2::T: straight away if she techs after.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor

BND :8::K: could also potentially beat the STF roll if I recall correctly. For options that go into BND, most of em are high, but the ones that tend to start with mids tend to come end with feints.

GarryJaune

:8::P::P: great hitbox and can be tricked an OH,so basicly its safe. Mixup with :4::K: (safe move) ,pretty cool on this range(2m)

I think the russian guy fears no one except :bass: and:ayane:(badly),and hes also a VF character killer.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
The :bass: MU is pretty 5-5 for both characters. They're both heavy and have their own thing to make them equally nasty. The one thing needs to watch out for when he's trying to do Tank Roll is Bass' :P::K:. Tracking string that causes sit-down on second hit.

Intelligent Alpha

@Russian-chiropractic19

It's quite the opposite in my case! Had a couple of randoms call me out! The second person even said something so unthinkable! I couldn't believe I actually said "Same to you!" (I just saw "Alpha Noob Bitch" If I had seen the rest of it, I wouldn't have responded. I'll say, F/Y or garbage, but wow!)

I do wonder if the people who "Run" respect you - no one ever thinks it could be that! And there aren't too many that respectfully beat your tail, so often that they like playing you, but not because they want to beat you! I do this, myself! If I like you and respect you despite ass-kickings, I will fight you! How else will you know if I've improved (and I've had tons of people including you, Hanji, that have told me that!

I bit your head off when we first fought, but I will still fight ass-whooping, no ass-whooping!! :D

On a side note: I would like some help on properly teching and successfully punishing his grabs/throws! I told you I'm a Throw Master, but my neutral throw gets teched now and again (not just Bayman, anybody). What are some successful striking options if I can't pull out another neutral throw since I find players playing the tech like it's a normal counter and mashing out of it (that is what is done! you can't even lie about this! haha) I want to know how totech every one of his throws (combo ones included - i don't think his "Throw Stomp" can be teched)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD