Community "Big" Summer Jam News

The amazing Eric "Big E" Small has upped the stakes for Dead or Alive players this year. A chance at the 500 dollar prize pot bonus from Big E himself will require no entry fee. Free. This is a nice opportunity for all Dead or Alive players to dip into the waters and give tournament play a try for those that haven't already.

I asked Big E why he was giving us such a nice break:

"I'm just trying to kick start the DOA community again and show them some love. BigE Gaming cares about the DOA community."

A prize payout equivalent to a 50 man turnout... free. Check out Big E's Summer Jam page for more information and updates!

Summer Jam for me is one of the most essential tournaments for Dead or Alive. Summer Jam 6 perked my interest to competitive gaming, and really hyped DOA5 up for me a month before it came out. Now I'm doing lab work and improving daily. Here are some great Summer Jam moments to refresh:

Great interview with Lopedo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Free is always good, but being a college student, my funds are limited. I would have love to go and show people the power of the Steel Fist!

Wow this is great news for you guys who will go! Look forward to watching you guys fight it out.

I'm going to jump the gun & say that I'm there like I did on Facebook, I'm looking for cheap flights, been trying to get to the northern part of Big E Gaming forever & tired of missing out. I have to get there.

Free is always good. But the real challenge is finding someone who actually WANTS to lodge me there... and more importantly, if it doesn't interfere with my plans for Anime Expo and gives me enough time to prep in-between, should the event actually be in August.

I'm confused at the wording of the article. If the tournament free? Or is the fee simply waived if there are 50 or more participants?

I'm confused at the wording of the article. If the tournament free? Or is the fee simply waived if there are 50 or more participants?

No entry fee. $500 pot prize being provided. There is still a venue fee to pay of course.

The pot prize is the equivalent of a paid entry 50 man tournament pot prize.

No entry fee. $500 pot prize being provided. There is still a venue fee to pay of course.

The pot prize is the equivalent of a paid entry 50 man tournament pot prize.
Figured that out after checking with Big E's Facebook. That said, it's still poorly worded in the article.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD