Brad play

Tones

Premium Donor
I'm trying to learns some more things about Brad before DOA 5 is released. If you have any handy tools for him or just trying him out, just give us a post here and we'll get to the convo.

Exchange ideas, advice and tips, all the good stuff.

WiZzYx

I'm not an expert with Brad, but I use him very often, and I have an idea of the tools that give me better results. Among my favorite attacks are:

-:F+K: :2: :K: or :F+K: :F+K: :P: or :F+K: :F+K: :2: :K:

-:2: :F+K: :K:

-From Kozento ( :3: :P+K: ) :P+K: (Launcher)

-From Kozento or Kokoto ( :2: :P+K: ) :K: (Launcher on HCB, but predictable)

-From Back Turned ( :4: :4: :P: ) :F+K:

-From Back Turned :F+P: (Very fast throw)

-From Back Turned :4: :K: (Launcher on HCB)

-:4: :P: :P: (Launcher on HCB, but predictable)

-:1: :K: :K: (Launcher on HCB)

-:214: :P: (Launcher on HCB)

-:4: :4: :K: (Very fast blow, to gain some space)

-From Dokuritsu-Ho ( :4: :K: ) :2: :K: :F+P: (Hit throw)

-From Dokuritsu-Ho :P+K: (Launcher on HCB)

-In Biolab Core, and The Crash Club is a good idea to use :8_: :P: :P: :P: or :7: :K: :K: or :6: :K: :K: :8: :P: (ground damage; 87/88/100 pts respectively, if all attacks are successful in HCB)

-:6: :6: :K: (Kokoto) can continue with :P: or :K: (Predictable) or :F+K: or :F: :Link: :K: or even try a Low throw :2: :F+P: (Sometimes, the opponent would attempt a Low Offensive Hold...it's a matter of luck to get a HCT)

-:4: :P+K: (Evasion tool) can continue with :P: :2: :K: . This command is used to climb certain walls too, and escape from corners.

-From Kokoto :P+K: (Evasion tool, but requires good timing)

-Additional damage on Knockdown :2_: :K: :K: or :2: :K: :1: :P: or :2: :K: :2: :K: or :1_: :K: :K:

doing a good distribution of these attacks, Brad has given me good results (against people of my level, obviously).

These attacks, I prefer not to use them

-:6: :6_: :P: (Really unsafe)

-From Dokuritsu-Ho :F+K: (You can see the kick easily)

-:1_: :K: :K: :K: (Predictable)

You could search for videos of chosen1, and learn from. He is an excellent player with Brad. Same with Master Ari, another good Brad user.

WiZzYx

Difficult to answer. I have no particular strategy in each of his instances. Usually I use them in very specific situations. Against mid/high punch mashers, Kozento instance followed with :P+K: is very effective. For Hayabusa's teleport spammers, Kokoto followed with :P+K: is useful too. As I said, I'm learning to play with. I started in DoA 4 in April this year, I still have many fights to win, to be able to advise other players haha :D

Tones

Premium Donor
Have to watch out for laying stances, use them wrong and you're asking to be launched. I do use LHT (Laying head towards?) much more than LFT since it has a nice crush property during the entry which can be extended with 8/2 and k. It's also nice to come back up in BT (back turn) with 4/6 (I use BT a lot... my game revolves around setting up the BT throw).

Fair enough. Add me on xbl and we'll go through some things.

If you see me online the forums here, bug me through a pm to jump on xbl.

WiZzYx

Kozento = LHT = Laying Head Towards
Kokoto = LFT = Laying Feet Towards

And yes...their BT throw is great. Very fast, and can be canceled to begin combos.
I'll add you on Live, but we will have to deal with the lag haha

Tones

Premium Donor
Unless it's guaranteed to throw them off a ledge or kill them, I'd never complete the throw. It deals 52-78 damage which only takes about 2-4 hits to make up for it.

Looking forward to seeing you online.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD