Can't unlock costumes in DOA2:H*C (JP)

william

Hi everyone :)
I started playing Dead or Alive 2 : Hard*Core (the final version of the game from Japan) and I can't seem to unlock some of the costumes.
I used this guide as a reference, which includes the costumes exclusive to the Hard*Core version

I can unlock most of the costumes, but for some reason a few won't unlock. Of course, I am doing them in order (i.e not trying to unlock C7 when i only have C1 to C4). For instance, I can unlock Bayman's costume 3 by finishing Time Attack in under 6 minutes, but I can't unlock Tina's C7, which requires me to finish Time Attack with default settings under 4:15 minutes (I finished it in 3:30 minutes without losing a single round and with default settings). I also can't unlock Leifang's C6, which requires me to finish Tag Attack with Jann-Lee wearing his C5 and her also wearing her C5. I tried finishing it in many different ways (without using a continue, with default settings, with J-L as the main character...) but it just doesn't work. Also, I have unlocked a few costumes which require me to pick up the rare survival items, but picking up Bass' championship belt has not allowed me to get his last costume.

I'm pretty sure that guide is accurate (it apparently uses the japanese official guide), so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Does it have something to do with UPS or something?

Thank you in advance for your help :)

Chisa

Have you tried these other ways?

Tina Costume 7
SYS2: Play 90 times
UPS1: Win 45 battles with UPS on
UPS2: Play 81 times with UPS on

Leifang Costume 6
SYS2: Play 50 times
UPS1: Win 25 battles with UPS on
UPS2: Play 45 times with UPS on

Bass Costume 6
SYS2:Complete Story Mode 50 times
UPS2:Complete Story Mode 45 times with UPS on

william

Have you tried these other ways?

Tina Costume 7
SYS2: Play 90 times
UPS1: Win 45 battles with UPS on
UPS2: Play 81 times with UPS on

Leifang Costume 6
SYS2: Play 50 times
UPS2: Play 45 times with UPS on

Bass Costume 6
SYS2:Complete Story Mode 50 times
UPS2:Complete Story Mode 45 times with UPS on

Thanks for your answer!
Yes, I guess I'll have to resort to that.. I'm still wondering why I can't unlock some costumes using the SYS1 method though. I'll try using an alternative method then.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
The UPS method was how I unlocked most things. Usually just use two controllers in versus mode and win matches with the intended character.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD