DOA5LR Command Training [Senko-Izuna]

Giomancer

I recently began practicing with Hayabusa. When I reached Shoho-Izuna, this site was the first useful response on google.

I'm still in the command training-phase, and now Shoho-Izuna is pretty easy to do. Senko-Izuna, however, is driving me up a wall. The way the command is displayed on the list is counter to what it actually is, for starters. This alone causes me to get stuck, sometimes to the point of frustration.

How different is the timing on the expert hold variants of the Izuna Drop? Enough that being psyched out by the backwards command would cause an abysmal failure rate?

TheDragonAwakens

I recently began practicing with Hayabusa. When I reached Shoho-Izuna, this site was the first useful response on google.

I'm still in the command training-phase, and now Shoho-Izuna is pretty easy to do. Senko-Izuna, however, is driving me up a wall. The way the command is displayed on the list is counter to what it actually is, for starters. This alone causes me to get stuck, sometimes to the point of frustration.

How different is the timing on the expert hold variants of the Izuna Drop? Enough that being psyched out by the backwards command would cause an abysmal failure rate?

For the expert high punch, there is ALMOST NO breathing time between the inputs, you must do almost all the inputs right IMMEDIATELY. For the expert mid punch hold, there is SOME breathing time between inputs. For low punch holds, there is PLENTY of breathing time between the inputs of the Izuna.

By the way, don't be worried of having your directional inputs screwing up, no matter what player side you are on, the second and third Izuna input can be done with either clockwise or anti-clockwise direction. Both will work. Do the one you're comfortable with. By the way, the 360 circle input for the Izunas is actually a three quarter circle. You don't need the full circle to pull it off.

EDIT: This video done by Brute may help.

Last edited:

Giomancer

Oh. PS4 version, here. Frame analysis would be handy..

After posting, I managed to do it with my eyes closed. Not out of skill, but out of desperation. My brain just couldn't handle the command flipping around and threw off my timing. =(

TheDragonAwakens

Oh. PS4 version, here. Frame analysis would be handy..

After posting, I managed to do it with my eyes closed. Not out of skill, but out of desperation. My brain just couldn't handle the command flipping around and threw off my timing. =(

Like I said, you do not need to worry about the command flipping around. Both the second part and third part of the Izuna can be done in any direction you want.

Tenro

I would suggest go seeing the Izuna drop tutorial thread with both the written and video explanations. besides that, if ur really serious about this character u might as well put a little more effort to learn the precise timings of the buttons cause accuracy and consistency are one of the first requirements with any character's move set. u won't be confident with the move unless u exactly know when to hit which buttons and how.

Lulu

Another way of doing it (although nobody here will admit to it) is to Furiously spin the stick in Circles :6842::6842::6842: and then just Tap :h: or :F: when the lil coloured text appears on the side of the screen.

Its obviously a scrubby way of doing it but if you're struggling then this messy method will help you get your foot in the door..... ;)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD