Core Fighters

onelasttime

Do you guys believe we will see a Core Fighters version of DOA6?
As we all know, DOA5's CF saw over 6 million downloads, which probably helped put chunk of change in TN's pocket.
Do you think we will see DOA6:Core Fighters? What changes do you think need to be made? Should it come out at launch alongside the game or should it come out later?

Use this thread to discuss anything you feel about DOA6 having a Core Fighters version, and should one be released had back to this thread to chat about it!

P2p1mbs

Core fighters worked for introducing newcomers to the series since it was free to play. Irs likely TN and KT will release some version of core fighters for 6. The problem is, I can imagine they do have expansions or rereleases of the game in mind in the future (especially if deadlines for release meant they cut out stuff they wanted to add in) so a core fighters model from the start may get in the way of that if they released it early on.

ryu_highabusa

DOA6 should have a F2P version available at launch. The only change I would make from their Core Fighters model is to allow all characters in training mode. I wouldn't make it a seperate sku (I hate that my system has to download every update twice, once for the regular version and once for 'core fighters'). The packaged game could just be labeled as Season 1.

DyByHands

Im sure 6 will end up with a CF version. I mean, wasn’t 5’s downloaded a few million times or something? But I would think that it won’t be at launch. I could be way off, but I’d think they would want some of their DLC stuff (we all know it’ll be coming) to be available to try and get money from CF users.
However, if their data shows CF users buy a lot of other characters and stuff then maybe it will be at launch. But Id think they just buy costumes for the one character they want.
All guesswork by myself above. But Id say its highly likely, at some point.

werewolfgold

I'd imagine that it won't be back at first since they'd probably want to push people on the fence toward buying the full product instead of just going with the free version.

just_me

Standard Donor
I doubt the current gen version will have a F2P version, but given this is a bit of a cross-gen title like last time, I could see them releasing a F2P version for the next-gen port (since the full version sales will be really soft anyway)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD