DOA5LR Danger Zone Interactions

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Ein's whiff punishment game is ridiculous on the Danger Zone stage. He has a ton of untechables at his disposal.

#Toriyah!

Untechable Stage Bounces vary pretty interestingly for Ein, most notable is that some of his strikes are techable if the opponent is standing on the ground but untechable if they are in the air.

Unless stated otherwise these are all NH, a hit in stun or higher will net you higher launches so a NH combo on Lightweights may work on Medium Weights. You will find that stun thresholds and Counter Status modify launch heights making the combos much better than I have written out. This thread is more to shed light on what Ein can use as a guaranteed bounce.

I'll cover a couple basic combos, may or may not be optimal, IDGAF this subforum is dead and I need to work on my DZ skills anyway. Keep in mind that bounds for Ein only exist when the opponent is on the ground. An 8P 8P bound combo may be different than a juggle 8P combo.

Off any bounce if you don't know what to do perform a running P if they land far away from an air knockback or running KKK if they are close enough.

For future reference a "Basic Bounce combo" refers to either WRK into a followup or 3P/6P into a followup or just 66KKK based on weight. Most WRKs require a crouch dashing WRK. No doubt in my mind you guys can find better. On Medium and lower weights you can substitute WRK, 3P, and 6P with 9K for easier damage to eliminate the WRK timing but can only be done if a bounce occurs at very close range (like 6H+KK4K).

If you see (stun) for universal strikes it means the final strike in the string will bounce if it connects while your opponent is in a stun or Counter state. For example 6H+KK4K (stun) won't bounce unless the final strike of the string hits while the opponent is stunned or in the air.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Universal guaranteed bounces.

236P. Hell yeah. Can lead up to 131 on Alpha or 117 on Super Heavyweights on NH. WRK on Alpha through Gen Fu. For Alpha to Light WRK into 66KKK, Med to Gen Fu WRK into 6KK (based on how long you buffer the WRK, too early and you whiff the second K, tooo late you miss completely). Unteched 66KKK travels over 90% of the stage *wink wink* Had to get the best one out of the way.

4P+K (all charges). Follow above combos. Basically a more powerful 236P. Keep in mind a fully charged 4P+K gets you 236P or 66KKK guaranteed on guard break (more on 66KKK below)

8P (stun). Delayed WRK into either 3P or 6P into either 66KKK or 6KK. Delayed WRK because the bound state takes several frames to go into the launch and you can get a pretty ridiculous relaunch from it.
Basic bounce combo if done from the air.

4PPP. Recommended WRK into 6KK or PP6PK, 6P to PP6PK (optimal of these three) or PP6PK on SH.

4PP2K (stun). Mash the hell out of K, guaranteed WRK into combo of choice.

H+K2K (stun). Same as above.

1K6P2K (stun). Same as above.

PP2K2K (stun). Basic Bounce combo.

P+KP (all charges). Basic Bounce combo.

8K (in stun). Basic bounce combo.

1KK (in stun). Same as above.

214K. Running KKK or P.

236K. Basic Bounce combo.

6H+KK4K (stun/Counter). I like this one best for air juggles, same damage as 66KKK but keeps them right next to you. You can do WRK to 6KK on Alpha through Medium but the timing is strict as hell. 6P into 6KK is much more consistent but up to medium you can do 3P PP6PK and 3P 6KK on the rest.
This one counts as universal because on Counter or Higher you will get a launch while opponent is on ground and a hard knockdown while launched.

BT 8K. Running 66KKK.

BT 4P. Basic Bounce Combo.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Air only Bounces

46P. Yeah, only while in the air. Running 66KKK or P.

PP6PK. Basic Bounce combo.

66PK. Same as above.

6P+K. Basic Bounce Combo.

7P. Not best to use at all but a running KKK or P will do the trick.

66KKK. Running KKK (learn the hitboxes for this one, you have to kinda "Force Kick" heavier opponents). Technically counts here because the individual strike at the end does the work. Will work on the ground but only if 66K connects.

46K. Basic Bounce combo.

6KK. Basic followup.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ground only bounce.

1P. End of threshold or a misheld double 1P. Delayed WRK due to a really high launch height.

KK (stun). Basic Bounce Combo.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And here are some Super Launcher combos.

No timing super launcher combo.

9K 9K 9K 3P 6KK. 88 Damage NH.

Super Heavyweight: 9K 9K 9K PP6PK.

Timed combo.

Dash Forward (66), Free Step Up (Tap 8), WRK 3P 66KKK. 124 to 129 damage and guaranteed cliff based on position. Take 3P out of the equation when facing super heavies.

On all weights: Dash Forward (66), Free Step Up (Tap 8), timed 66KKK. Based on height when you hit you will get a cliff.

Wouldn't be surprised if I missed a few, now go impress people. Maybe videos at another date.

Edit 1: God forbid last night I took KK out of the universal section and never put it back into the list under ground only.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD