Danger Zone is as broken as ever - everyone kills.

A Can of Soup

Good afternoon, a fellow player with a first post here. Decided it would be the best to post it in the system thread as it's more of a general thing.

As we all remember, Danger Zone from DoA 5 was a pretty broken arena with a possibility for a double fall (one of those acting like a free power launcher), mine damage, wall splats and such. The Danger Zone in DoA 6 is a part of the Unforgettable stage, with a safe zone in the middle, no falls and a slightly awkward wall game due to a small strip of land between the border leading to stage transition and the mine field.

However, the area is still pretty broken. In fact, as of patch 1.04, every single character has an access to a 100% combo on it - due to the existence of said safe zone, wall transition and a new juggle system favouring close hits, Most of those are probably too impractical for competitive play, seeing that they require very precise positioning, work on lightweights only, and some characters need to start with a full charge hit, however, the possibility itself is what was more peculiar to me than practical use.

The prerequisites for the combos were as follows:
* No resets - has to be a true combo;
* Starts with a normal hit - no counters or hi counters;
* The opponent stands front - no back strikes unless the opponent gets turned mid-combo;
* The opponent does not perform throw escapes, holds or tech rolls.

The link to the playlist with all the characters (button inputs in the description of the video) is down below. Please enjoy and, if someone beat me to it, contact me so I can put a link to the original.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQxqndKx-UjU5R57kspl8pFNAJ9QNq2Gz

Raansu

All of the scenarios in your videos have multiple chances to escape and a simple tech roll avoids the explosion which completely nullifies those combos. I'm not seeing the issue here especially since its not even its own stage and good positioning will keep you away from that area anyways.

A Can of Soup

All of the scenarios in your videos have multiple chances to escape and a simple tech roll avoids the explosion which completely nullifies those combos. I'm not seeing the issue here especially since its not even its own stage and good positioning will keep you away from that area anyways.

From a competitive standpoint, you are undoubtedly correct. It is really easy to avoid most of those, especially if you have meter to eat up an attack with a super hold. Or good at teching. Or are smart enough to avoid something with a 1000000 frame start-up.

However, as I said before, this was more of a TOD case study for me - racking up the damage, seeing how the blasts - or lack thereof - can lead to combo extensions, etc. And that is the reason why I call the DZ broken - everyone has enough tools in their arsenal, coupled with the tools provided from the arena itself, to kill within the scaling and combo hit limits. I mean, it's a tad harder to do on something like The Muscle.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Despite DZ being roughly the same as how it was in DOA5, it's a lot less of commencing those portions compared to 5. The reason being is that in 6 it's a completely separate zone, meaning you have to force someone to get in there. Unforgettable is a pretty big stage overall, so sometimes you can play matches without going there at all which can definitely happen.

Whereas in 5, it was a complete stage entirely where you are literally stepping in a Danger Zone. It's a lot more safer this time around.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD