Dead or Alive 2 (June 11, 2000 prototype)

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Assembler Games release thread with download link: http://assemblergames.com/threads/new-gd-r-beta-dreamcast-games-part-2.65078/

This released almost a year ago (Jan 17 2017) and no one noticed. Lmao

You need an emulator, which I can't be bothered to set up. I tried a while back to turn it into a self booting iso but discjuggler hated me in 2000 and it hates me now. Congrats to anyone who can turn this into a selfbooting iso on Win 10. None of the old DOS utilities work.

Someone wanna take one for the team and post some screenshots or videos? It'd be very much appreciated.

Keep in mind this is a beta of an arcade port. DOA2 already had two arcade releases (vanilla and millennium edition) and this was the home port with (minimal) additional content in the works. If you find anything super leftover it'd be surprising, it should should just be a buggy WIP that might make for some funny glitch videos but sometimes these things have levels selects and other dev tools unlocked. Maybe there could be some leftover content in there somewhere? There are screens and videos of super different early versions but those predate this build by a whole year. I'm rambling and forgot my point.

Last edited:

dee4doa

I hear you man on this, I uploaded that video a while back (It's the only video of that unreleased SEGA Naomi DOA2 realtime demo) as I've come to the conclusion that I don't think that the version (realtime beta) was infact playable, I think it was just a showpiece to what the SEGA NAOMI/Dreamcast hardware could render in realtime.

It would be pretty awesome if that ingame 3D demo was leaked or found somewhere, would be awesome to import those early alpha stages into the Dreamcast version (especially the arena which is called 'The Spiral' in the final but here is a lot bigger and looks quite open)

I've recently found some awesome ingame screencaps of the early alpha Helena's opera stage, which looks amazing as it's using ingame realtime fire effects (the final looks kinda boring, maybe it was too much for the Dreamcast to handle?) you can tell by these images that the opera stage in DOA2U is heavily inspired by this version which in my opinion, means this is what they actually wanted the opera stage to be.
271874-doa2_148.jpg
51hMu4ronlL.jpg

Tina2040_

I doubt there are any differences to the retail game. DOA2 was released on the Dreamcast in Jul 2000.
Most of the "beta" or "alpha" content we see online (like the screens above) precede the first arcade release.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD