DLC content

UWF97

Hi all,
I'm Robert . Thx for accepting my application. I'm fairly new to the dead or alive community so forgive me if this sounds like a really stupid question. But I just bought the core series of fighters and Dead or Alive 6 and was going to buy some additional DLC but noticed it's extravagantly expensive. This is from the Xbox Microsoft store and I'm wondering is there a cheaper way to buy download content for this game

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Hi all,
I'm Robert . Thx for accepting my application. I'm fairly new to the dead or alive community so forgive me if this sounds like a really stupid question. But I just bought the core series of fighters and Dead or Alive 6 and was going to buy some additional DLC but noticed it's extravagantly expensive. This is from the Xbox Microsoft store and I'm wondering is there a cheaper way to buy download content for this game
Are Xbox users able to buy it separate? If they can't, then probably not since DOA6 makes you buy full packs unless you're on PC and Xbox iirc

UWF97

are there plenty of costumes in the original core series with the original standard packaging? Because I haven't had a chance to play it yet

UWF97

So these are being sold on eBay, and it looks like a deal at 4-5 dollars. It says a pre buy exclusive so I'm thinking this isn't included in Core Fighters standard game purchase? I'm not at all clear what is included in standard? I haven't had a chance to play yet

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190724-183840.png
    Screenshot_20190724-183840.png
    688.3 KB · Views: 165

candynarwhal

are there plenty of costumes in the original core series with the original standard packaging? Because I haven't had a chance to play it yet

Not really - not even with the DLC they've released so far, to be honest. I mean, unless you like recolors.

DOA6 absolutely shat the bed, where basegame content is concerned. It's not even like they cut corners - there were no corners to begin with, LMAO.

They're adding things in for free though, like the new stage with the latest update, so.

At this point, I'd say you're better off playing the game for the gameplay. Get costumes one-by-one for characters you like, if you like them.

The only things I'd buy straight out the gate would be new characters - like Mai, Kula, and whoever else we'll be getting as the season passes roll out. If you only have the standard edition, you're missing Nyotengu and Phase-4 as well.

I don't think we'll be seeing a lot of improvement as far as cosmetics and stages go until the game inevitably gets a re-release...

But anyway, all DLC is available for individual purchase, thank god - at least if you're on PC or Xbone - so don't blind-buy the season passes, that's all I'm saying.

UWF97

Good reply. Thank you. I just find it really sad that they've made it so prohibitively expensive

candynarwhal

Yeah, well, that's KT for you.

I honestly don't know what happened - they didn't start with the season passes until DOA5LR, and it wasn't until the end of DOA5U's run (about when they started introducing DLC characters, actually) that I felt they weren't making an effort with the DLC anymore.

It was always expensive, but there was at least variety...

Do we know if there was a change in leadership or something that pushed them into churning out copy-pasted fetish outfits? :rolleyes:

candynarwhal

LR includes a lot (if not, the majority) of the DLC previously made available for the original game and Ultimate. It doesn't have any free DLC by itself, IIRC.

DOA5 is great fun, honestly - but it plays quite differently to DOA6. Give the free Core Fighters version a try, I guess, and see if you like it.

There's a lot more to dig into there, at least, as far as stages and cosmetics, if you like that kind of thing. I know I do... :p

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD