DOA 4: Dealing with Wake-Up Kicks

Red dragon

I'm making it official.

NEW FIGHTING GAME TERMINOLOGY

Turkey -- The art of countering something stupid with something stupid.

Correct application of Turkey: Stuffing wakeup kicks with your own standing kicks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL-WA0iBb_Y

Incorrect application of Turkey: Taunting an obviously superior opponent back after he taunts you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkM5vWjfn0Y

What have i unleashed in this community?

moving on....................

ill trade my duck for your turkey. Sound fair?

Red dragon

so when your turkey plan bombs, let me know.

I'll sell you my duck. Dont worry, the funds gained by this sale will fund my weadding.

Tenren

tested again this morning. Had my brother spam wake up kicks and found it will work near wall if you start side step as they fall to ground. Away from wall it only work sometimes. Found you have less time to turn and dash in before the wake up comes at you. So deff good at wall for mix ups and setups.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Yeah the side-step into wall has been known, it's the best way to use it., and if they just standing guard it instead then you're only -2. Performing an :8::P: after having it guarded puts the high-crush frame directly under a jab follow-up and stuffing anything mid. Thing is, because of the buffering system you end up have a majority of your opponents teching the initial down attack, tech rolling in any direction, and wake-up kicking randomly.

Tenren

yah away from wall it works 100% of the time if they don't roll and its a neutral wake up. Did find that if they roll from wall and you do the kaizen you either end up behind them or end up away from them with enough time to recover and you both are neutral again. It depends on the way they roll. But if they don't roll and just random wake-up on wall you will cross over behind. So again id just use it for mix ups and setups.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD