DoA Lingo

Creaper609

Howdy, I've been playing the DoA series for a decent amount of time, but I'm not all that familiar with the lingo the community uses. I see things like 6p or 5k for example and I'm not sure what they mean. Could someone let me know what this lingo means so I can follow a topic more easily? Thanks for the info.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
6 means foward and 4 means back for example. It's pretty much corresponding the number pad on the keyboard with a dpad/arcade stick.

NukNuks

7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3

5 is neutral, that's where the stick is. Say that you were playing Street Fighter and wanted to do Ryu's fireball. In universal fighting game lingo it would be translated as 236P (quarter circle forward punch)

For DOA P=punch, K=kick, P+K is the hybrid button on the left bumper, K+F is the hybrid button on the right trigger, H=hold (the block button)

Tones

Premium Donor
Seems a bit dated as there is no metion of the spinning pole driver. Not all stances are included nor are their abbreviations. Back turned is not listed yet the term is used in a description.

Never the term Nitaku be used, though 50/50 means the same thing.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Seems a bit dated as there is no metion of the spinning pole driver. Not all stances are included nor are their abbreviations. Back turned is not listed yet the term is used in a description.

Never the term Nitaku be used, though 50/50 means the same thing.

It's a wiki. Feel free to update it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD