DOA: Online Players

dramic91

Hey guys! I'm hoping I posted this topic in the right forum this time!

I'm just wondering what the community for DOA5 is like. I don't really remember DOA4 online all that much, but I do remember having some really good matches with cool people and some really bad matches with the biggest douchebags. I'm sure this isn't really a question with a definitive answer, but I'm looking for more of an approximation I guess. I'm asking this coming from Soulcalibur 5 where it seems like every person I play is really just a big dumbass.

I suppose I'm asking if I should expect a fairly friendly community with the occasional douche or the herd of asswipes from SC5?

Raansu

It's the internet man. You're going to find both good and bad regardless of what forum you go to or what video game you play. Only thing you can do is stick around and see for your self first hand. Find who you like and ignore who you dislike (the forums have an ignore function.)

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I suppose I'm asking if I should expect a fairly friendly community with the occasional douche or the herd of asswipes from SC5?
Can't speak for everyone, but you can expect me to be one of the nice people here, despite what others say.

Allan Paris

You shouldn't have named this thread "DOA5 Community". You are asking about player to player online experience for Dead or Alive. Either way this is not in the right thread. I will move it.

To answer your question.

No matter what competitive game you play online, there will always be assholes. How many assholes there are and how many you come across is up in the air. From my experience in the past several months of playing 2 different fighters heavily, Skullgirls and VF. I can tell you that DOA has them both beat combined, in the online assholes department by a huge margin. I am only basing that off of me getting messages when I win, consistently. I have gotten 1 asshole message in VF, and I got it last week. I've been playing VF:FS since it came out. I haven't gotten anything in SG.

Are the most of us friendly, sure. Playing and being around us more you'll find out what you need to know. Who I might think is an asshole, may not be an asshole to you.

dramic91

Ah dammit! Sorry Allan Paris! I'll get the hang of posting in the right spot so you won't have to keep cleaning up after me haha. And yeah, I guess that's pretty much the answer I expected. Thanks for answering everyone! Appreciate it!

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I consider myself among the nice people. I've faced plenty of other nice people in DOA4, but plenty of assholes too. A lot of people even called me a noob because I mained Tengu and beat them with him, and they apparently thought he was a cheap character.

I hope that DOA5 is better, but I can only assume that it'll be worse. It's going to have a bigger crowd than DOA4 does, so that means more assholes, and more nice people. We can only hope that the latter outweighs the former, but with online competitive games, it's usually the other way around. We'll just have to wait and see.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Undead basically just likes to pose as a dick. Not really sure why... thinks its cool or something. He's not even that bad IRL.

Beyond that you won't find much in the way of hostility here, unless someone is having one of their rare outbursts. We do argue and debate about gameplay mechanics though.. which I guess is to be expected, considering how bad the last game was and how long its been since a numeric release. Once the game is released proper that should die down a lot.

As far as online play goes, you can look for my wall of shame thread in the general forum. But that's from public rooms, and with public rooms in any fighting game you're going to come across morons I'm afraid. No community, no matter how large or small, is going to be able to positively affect the people outside of it. And there are some truly stupid people in the world with horrible, horrible attitudes. Best thing you can do is log the crazy stuff that they say and put them on display for the world to laugh at.

You shouldn't have to worry about being treated like that here though. Anyone gives you problems we'll take care of it.

FakeSypha

Can't speak for everyone, but you can expect me to be one of the nice people here, despite what others say.
And I agree. This guy here put his all his effort to teach me how Christie should be played, and I didn't even asked for it. Gave me lots of tips and what not. In the end, I guess I kinda disappointed him since I couldn't process all that info in time, lol. However, I improved my game thanks to him. So, all in all, he's among the cool and nice guys, at least, in my book.

As for the community here in this forum, I can say pretty much everyone I have played with were really nice and respectful. Anyway, I guess the posts above mine summarizes what you need to know about online gaming in DOA or any other game for that matter.

Vanity Assassin

A lot of the people here are skilled players and just all around good people, wherever you go you will have the occasional asshole, but that's with any competitive game. A lot of us here have known each other for years, I have met some really good people through the DOA community, people who have become real offline friends. So all in all this community has nice genuine people in it. So don't worry.

dramic91

Well that's good to know! And I mean, debating over things is fine, healthy even lol. I'd actually really like to play a lot of the people on this forum once the game comes out. Especially since some of you guys are some of the best. Good way to get better real quick is to play the best, for me at least.

Vanity Assassin

Well that's good to know! And I mean, debating over things is fine, healthy even lol. I'd actually really like to play a lot of the people on this forum once the game comes out. Especially since some of you guys are some of the best. Good way to get better real quick is to play the best, for me at least.

I play casually but you can always add me to play, I also can introduce you to some great players.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD