[DOA2U] complete save file?

FakeSypha

Well, yesterday I got a copy of DOAU and I'm playing it on a slim 360. Even if I have played little so far I'm liking it a lot. It plays somewhat like DOA4, but has actual sidesteps. I gotta say I've never played it before (dammit, I regret not having an xbox HUEG back in the day). Anyway, getting back on track. I want to play as Hitomi, but to unlock her I need a DOA3 or DOAX savefile in my HDD. Sadly, I don't have a DOA3 copy.

I think it's possible to transfer original Xbox savefiles to a 360 HDD with some program. Any of you know where I can find a 100% complete save file? I've googled around and found nothing but a couple of sites providing the PAL version. I can't use that, I'm on a NTSC system.
Some games have console ID restrictions, tho. So they can't be copied from a console to another. I hope that's not the case with DOA2U.

If not possible, is there any other way around unlocking Hitomi, at least? I don't care that much about the costumes. I'll unlock them eventually.

FakeSypha

Well, well, well... I couldn't find a DOA2U save file, but I did manage to put a DOA3 file on my XBOX360 HDD. Even if when I checked the files on my 360 it was listed as "unknown game" (it showed a kasumi icon, tho). I thought it was corrupted or something and it wouldn't work, but surprisingly when I beat story mode with Ein I got Hitomi unlocked.

Yeah, google is always my friend.

Forget Hitomi.
Thanks Mike, you sure are a good, encouraging and positive friend, lol xD

emperor bohe

I was wondering if anyone had a complete save for the original Xbox? all of the ones that I've downloaded I can't use because it says that it's been "exported" or that "the profile appears to be damaged..." =(

maskedman

I believe those saves have some kind of code that corrupts when being removed from the harddrive I know with Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden Black the save would get corrupted once it was removed from the harddrive. I do have USA 100% I can post later today, but I can't guarantee that it will work on your console.

gamemaster14

I know for a fact that DOA2U saves are system locked. So if you transfer it to a different system it will not work. I believe the same is true about DOAXVB Saves as well and DOAX2 for 360 as my save wouldn't work on my RGH console.

gamemaster14

You would probably need to know how to replace the console id in the save, if that is even possible with an original xbox save.

saikyom

dud my old xbox died and now i got a new one
save files are locked and it's a pain to resign them
just play survival on any difficulty with tag,and whenever you hit an aopponent on the ground or kill,he will give you an object
3 for each character, so collect them all.
then finish story with everyone it's easy
and head back and finish the remaining objects on survival and you're done.

gamemaster14

dud my old xbox died and now i got a new one
save files are locked and it's a pain to resign them
just play survival on any difficulty with tag,and whenever you hit an aopponent on the ground or kill,he will give you an object
3 for each character, so collect them all.
then finish story with everyone it's easy
and head back and finish the remaining objects on survival and you're done.
Every time I have to unlock everything that's how I do it anymore. I just finish story mode with everyone to unlock the additional characters then get their 3 items in survival and the gold metal, then get the 1 remaining special item for each since that isn't unlocked until you get the others.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Yeah, fortunately unlocking everything in this game is super easy. Just don't forget to also complete everyone's sparring mode exercise for the extra system voices if you're going for true 100% completion. The Raidou one is pretty awesome.

Still, out of curiosity, does anyone actually know how to resign save files for the original Xbox? I'd like to know how myself.

gamemaster14

Yeah, fortunately unlocking everything in this game is super easy. Just don't forget to also complete everyone's sparring mode exercise for the extra system voices if you're going for true 100% completion. The Raidou one is pretty awesome.

Still, out of curiosity, does anyone actually know how to resign save files for the original Xbox? I'd like to know how myself.
I am not even sure if that is possible for Tecmo games as they are console locked, so taking a save from one console to another (Xbox or 360) regardless of xbox live accounts results in doa2u not being able to use the save on a different console. I am guessing you would somehow need to find where the save stores the console ID and replace it with the one your console uses. I wouldn't even start to guess how to obtain the console ID of an original xbox.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I am guessing you would somehow need to find where the save stores the console ID and replace it with the one your console uses. I wouldn't even start to guess how to obtain the console ID of an original xbox.

Right. I'm pretty sure it's possible, as I've seen it mentioned before. I have seen 100% game saves for DOAX uploaded online, with some kind of text document showing metadata which included the ID among other information, but I didn't know how to do anything with it and couldn't find much information about it. I was just hoping someone here might already know.

Not all Tecmo game saves are console locked though. All three versions of DOA3 can have their saves freely moved to other consoles.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Super late, but I have some news about system-locked saves. You can find your Xbox's HDD key (the ID code that DLC and system-locked saves are tied to) by simply viewing your system info in a modded dashboard or by using an EEPROM backuper, which will document the key and other system info into a .txt file on the Xbox. Not only that, but it's actually possible to manually change the HDD key on your Xbox using ConfigMagic. So if you have numerous Xboxes like I do, you can change all of them to use the exact same HDD key and be able to move system-locked saves from one Xbox to another without them breaking.

This is highly recommended because it means that you can also freely move the entire hard drive from one Xbox to another and have it still work, along with any DLC or system-locked saves that are stored on it. This way, if the hard drive in one of your Xboxes ever dies, the Xbox doesn't have to die with it and you can use the hard drive from one of your other Xboxes in the one with the now dead hard drive, or use it to clone a new one for the Xbox with the now dead hard drive.

The HDD key for every Xbox is a unique 32 digit code. I changed the HDD key on all of mine to 00000000000000000000000000000000 (32 0s), so it's easy to remember, should I ever need the key itself.

Keep in mind that doing this will break any DLC or system-locked saves currently on the Xbox because they will be tied to the old HDD key that you have now changed. After changing all of my HDD keys, I made a new DOAX save on one of my Xboxes and used a save editor to re-unlock everything in the game, then moved the new save to all of my other Xboxes and it worked on all of them.

Now with all of that said, there is still one major, unfortunate oddity here regarding the game in question, DOA2U. Even after creating a new DOA2U save with the new HDD key, then moving it to another Xbox with the exact same key, the save still does not work. So sadly, that clearly means that 2U saves are not tied to the HDD key and are instead tied to something else. Perhaps they are tied to the system's unique online key, which can also be changed, but I haven't wanted to mess with that myself, due to a lack of information on the subject and attempting to mess with your Xbox's EEPROM is a bad idea when you don't know for sure what you're doing.

I did not test moving saves for DOA1U, Ninja Gaiden, or Ninja Gaiden Black (these games all system-lock their saves as well) since I don't have saves for those games.

filevans

Now with all of that said, there is still one major, unfortunate oddity here regarding the game in question, DOA2U. Even after creating a new DOA2U save with the new HDD key, then moving it to another Xbox with the exact same key, the save still does not work. So sadly, that clearly means that 2U saves are not tied to the HDD key and are instead tied to something else. Perhaps they are tied to the system's unique online key, which can also be changed, but I haven't wanted to mess with that myself, due to a lack of information on the subject and attempting to mess with your Xbox's EEPROM is a bad idea when you don't know for sure what you're doing.
what happened when you tried it? as I got a save which said 'export' on it in DOA2U and wouldn't load in, did that happen?
do you have a DOA2U save with all costumes unlocked which I could try? as I found a tool which will resign it to a different console

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD