DOA4 Stun tutorial

ScattereDreams

I know not too many people play DOA4 anymore (and certainly don't like it as much as much as the previous installments). I sorta just work on these tutorials so they can be there. I hope DOA5 get's a lot of publicity so before it comes out people will be interested enough to try out other installments and, get a feel/gist of how they game works. Hopefully they'll use these tutorials as guidance (Also so people won't say what doesn't get done for the community xD)

So here's my video tutorial on Stuns. Thanks to virtuaPAI for the names and, stun states/properties. I certainly didn't want to re-name a bunch of different stuns. Although, a few I couldn't find so I did "sorta" give names?

Allan Paris

I could've swore you can hold the last attack of those moves that guard stun you. Those moves screw over the user actually if they commit to them on a blocking or an opponent that isn't in the air. Most of those moves end in a mid hit.

Nice tutorial, don't know how much of this will be transferred over in the new game.

ScattereDreams

I could've swore you can hold the last attack of those moves that guard stun you. Those moves screw over the user actually if they commit to them on a blocking or an opponent that isn't in the air. Most of those moves end in a mid hit.

Nice tutorial, don't know how much of this will be transferred over in the new game.

I believe only Jann Lee's 4PPP can be held if delayed. True, if your opponent stunned theres no way to stop the attacks and, mostly likely they will counter. I know on block Helena's 3f+k and, christie's 3PPP (and other versions) are safe.

Allan Paris

Yeah I know Christie's is safe. I am saying that once they are on the screen, you can hold the 1st and last blow of the move. Once Christie starts in on that move she can't stop it, I believe she can do maybe 2 punches or 3 punches? After that if she keeps going you can hold that last punch freely. As long as you are not in the air.

A good charcter to display this is Zack, he does it the best and has very good strings with it.

When you talked about the guard stuns the way you worded it before you showed what Christie can do, is kind of misleading. If someone not knowing any better read that, they'd think that the string couldn't be held. Doing the first portion of the string you did with Chirstie is a good example of an in-string guard stun, but completing the string is not.

Oh wow, you can actually hold the second punch in that Christie string you showed in the video. So, that's not really a good string to show for a guard stun. The move does have the properties of it after the second punch, to me it doesn't seem like a very good example.

Other than that the tutorial seems fine to me.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD