DOA5: Alpha Demo Default Control Scheme Revealed

It looks like a photo of the controller configuration for the Dead or Alive 5 demo has been released. Some interesting things to observe:

AlOh36PCAAErsjUlarge.jpg

• The "Power Blow" button does not give a macro'd button notation. It is still unconfirmed whether it is a button by itself or some macro command like :F+P+K:.
  • The advanced holds are confirmed to be mid punch and mid kick only. So could this mean that the Izuna Otoshi defensive hold has been nerfed to only occur in one of the five different holds instead of three of the four?
  • The free step dodge (sidestep) has been confirmed to be using similar notation to the recently released Soul Calibur V - :8::8: / :2::2:
More info to come I'm sure as news from the upcoming two weeks of press tours continues.

Text added for News Article by Mr. Wah

But where will Power Blow go? 3, which seems to be in line with a BB/SC style layout or 5?
See, I still want DOA to stick to three buttons. Hopefully this is just a shortcut a la the taunt button in DOA4 where you hit the button and it did the default :4::6::4::F+P+K: for you.

One of the later versions of DOA2, probably Hardcore, where they removed the requirement to press Free to sidestep.
DOA2H still requires using the free button to sidestep. It was DOA3 that took out that requirement.

I hope this still stays a 3 button game like VF, but hell I'll adapt to whatever as long as it's stick friendly as my preference.

I main Ivy in SCV and I have no complaints about her so far. She reminds me of SCII/SCIII Ivy.

I feel like I have limited options with Ivy. Compared to SC4. I could easily switch stances and mix up my game. Though, she still has good ground game tools up close and, from afar. However, her combo availability is weak sauce. No more 22_11_77_88k into 214k. I have yet to find a combo where 7_8_9B+K works.

I don't think the "power blow" is :F+P+K:, I think it's a macro like the taunt button. Like if you hit "taunt" button it does :4::6::4::F+P+K: or if you do :2: "taunt" it does :2::2::F+P+K:. I tried to confirm about "power blows" with Team Ninja via Twitter but no answer.

Just noticed that in the trailer Hayabusa izuna drop holds hayate's 4P+K. So that means either 4P+K is now a mid attack or that high expert holds existed in the trailer but has since been removed.

Just noticed that in the trailer Hayabusa izuna drop holds hayate's 4P+K. So that means either 4P+K is now a mid attack or that high expert holds existed in the trailer but has since been removed.

One of the twitter posts had mentioned that there are certain unique holds for some characters. No one will really know for sure though till we get our hands on the demo.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD