DOA5+ for PS Vita, Pai 33PK not in the game?

Am I misunderstanding something here?

I'm new to DOA5LR, which I own for my XB1. Recently I bought a PS Vita w/ DOA5+

I main Pai. So been practicing with her on both platforms. One of her strings I have been trying to master on the XB1 is her 33PK.

Tried it on the PS Vita version. And it's missing. The move is not in there at all :/

Is there some kind of manual update? I don't understand how it's in DOA5LR but not in DOA5+ (are they not the same game?)

SoftCabbage

Here's funny fact:

DOA5 = DOA5+
DOA5 LR > DOA 5 Ultimate > DOA5

Basically DOA5 was repacked into Ultimate, which then into LR.
Which means, DOA5 and 5+ are basically dead, unsupported, old product now.

There are new moves added in Ultimate, but those are not present in both 5 and 5+.

Here's funny fact:

DOA5 = DOA5+
DOA5 LR > DOA 5 Ultimate > DOA5

Basically DOA5 was repacked into Ultimate, which then into LR.
Which means, DOA5 and 5+ are basically dead, unsupported, old product now.

There are new moves added in Ultimate, but those are not present in both 5 and 5+.

I was not aware of this. Now I inderstand. It's all good. Still appreciate this game on my vita. Thank you.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It's a common move ender for her. Does it have you perform the combo at any point in her Combo Training Trials?

It's a common move ender for her. Does it have you perform the combo at any point in her Combo Training Trials?

No, definitely not in the combo challenges. I've searched for it. It's totally not in.

What @SoftCabbage posted is correct. Unfortunately. Welps, DOA5 was one of the reasons I picked up the Vita - I wanted to train on the go.

It's ok though. I'll sell and/or trade it in and pick up a Surface Pro 4 or a Razer Blade after the SP4 announcement. At least with one of these devices, I'll have portability factor, albeit, not micro form like the Vita - but at least I'll retain the upto date versions of games & portability factor.

Last edited:

SoftCabbage

You still can train with 5+. It's a great mobile DOA. I play it too whenever I'm in public transportation.

Only power launcher, several moves, and some modes like Tag are not there.

You still can train with 5+. It's a great mobile DOA. I play it too whenever I'm in public transportation.

Only power launcher, several moves, and some modes like Tag are not there.

Oh absolutely! I have. I play it on the go all the time actually - it's great. Unfortunately, that missing move, is very important to me. I've even opened up a thread on it prior to this one. It's very important that I learn it, the whole combo challenge (KPP33PK) it's a execution intensive string.

My execution is horrible since I'm still a newbie. And so, even though I get to practice on the Vita, I'm still handicapping my execution growth by not having access to these inputs. This missing move as well as the other execution heavy combo challenges she is lacking in DOA5+ are the important ones I need - I feel.

Of course no doubt about it, it's an amazing game on Vita, and the Vita itself. I would happily refer anybody to it.

But for me, since I am trying to get serious with my DOA training, I need the current version of DOA for all my devices. Thus, I'll be moving on to one of the devices I mentioned in my previous post. Also, not only for DOA5, but Skyrim, Fallout 4, Metal Gear Solid V & XCOM2. These are my top games and I want them with me at home and on the go.

If I'm planning it right. My next device will be my Console and Mobile device. Then I can sell off my XB1. Keep it simple and save money in the long run.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD