Dragon Shrine Maiden The Official Momiji Gameplay Thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Was playing around with Momiji last night and found out she's +17 at max range when she partially or fully charged 9PP+K into P+K on block. If she gets blocked, you can use anything under 16i to connect for a guaranteed hit or you can just do 8K into a BB.

If you do the move at max range and don't charge it too, you'll only be -5 on block

WAZAAAAA

I couldn't find a clear enough video of this OS, so I made it myself.

How to defend from every option of Momiji's Amakake jumping stance with 100% success rate (fuzzy guard option select): crouch for the first few frames -> block standing for the rest. No need to overcomplicate things with crouch dash inputs, the gap is so big that regular crouching works too.
https://gfycat.com/untimelysleepyangelwingmussel.gif
(click for better quality)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I couldn't find a clear enough video of this OS, so I made it myself.

How to defend from every option of Momiji's Amakake jumping stance with 100% success rate (fuzzy guard option select): crouch for the first few frames -> block standing for the rest. No need to overcomplicate things with crouch dash inputs, the gap is so big that regular crouching works too.
https://gfycat.com/untimelysleepyangelwingmussel.gif
(click for better quality)
Neat but besides the throw I think every option can be beat with the sidestep empty for advantage or you can use the SSA, and characters who have a sidestep strike attack like Kasumi can also beat all of her options including the throw,

hers will whiff sometimes since it's a high but because of how she steps and how Momiji kinda does a cross up depending on the option used, Kasumi can sometimes get behind her which is nasty near walls and she can punish her during the recovery frames

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
exactly

which is like... Kasumi exclusively lol? Sure some blessed characters have their own unique tools to deal with it, in particular characters with a unique crouching side step like Bayman and Christie, but the OS in the clip is cool because it's universal
Not really, there's other characters who even have better side step strikes they can use which is what I'm saying. I like the OS thing but I was just giving an example of character specific ways to avoid it while also getting some punishment too since her options imo are bad besides the launch throw which is her scariest option

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
name them and their moves
Helena has her sidestep attack out of bokuho, Zack has his sidestep attacks out of his duck crouch (he's crouching during that), Marie has her Minuet which is jumping and has her butt attack for close hit if you don't just do the empty and use the + advantage.

I think there's other moves and attacks littered across some of the cast but I can't say others off the top of my head. Rachel and Hayate have their sidestep stances too but theirs imo aren't all that since I think Rachel's is considered standing and she can't attack quick enough out of it

WAZAAAAA

Helena has her sidestep attack out of bokuho, Zack has his sidestep attacks out of his duck crouch (he's crouching during that), Marie has her Minuet which is jumping and has her butt attack for close hit if you don't just do the empty and use the + advantage.

I think there's other moves and attacks littered across some of the cast but I can't say others off the top of my head. Rachel and Hayate have their sidestep stances too but theirs imo aren't all that since I think Rachel's is considered standing and she can't attack quick enough out of it
nah, none of the moves you listed would work, and out of all of them only Helena's BOKUHO 2P+K sort of fits the description of "strike with side step frames like Kasumi 44P", but that's from a stance so I'm not gonna count it lmao and it wouldn't work in that Momiji situation anyway. The others you listed are: side step animation that's vulnerable to throws -> cancelled into strike animation that has no side step status.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
So from low tier to garbage tier my waifu goes :ninja:

@KasumiLover you play Momiji much? Wanted to ask you a few things if you don't mind me sending you a PM.
I don't play her as much as I do Kasumi(personal reasons Im not online ATM) but I do know her moveset and gameplay and such since I wanted to main her as a sub but then Tamaki came but I'm familiar with both since Momiji imo is just a more offensive pressure version of Tamaki with no OHs and worse oki imo

Reactions: Rob

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
9K has been my goto oki option since I can get a CH off mid WUK or evade a low kick. You know of any other oki setups?
For Oki what I mean is her options when she gets the foe on the ground and you force them up or they start teching up, imo her best options when she gets the advantage is to start using her GBs on WU since she has both a mid kick that leaves her plus and she has her one mid punch GB that tracks, besides that tho you can use anything that's safe since Momiji herself is quite safe, she just lacks mix ups which hurts her somewhat. Tamaki imo has a stronger Oki plan since she has her OHs and she's just as safe does have a weaker GB but her OHs imo are what keep her strong

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm not understanding.

How as Momiji should I force them up? Which guard breaks should I use on WU (can you give me the commands in numpad notation please)?

Which mid kick and mid punch GB that tracks? I think I know but want to confirm.

Thank you.
To force them up, you have Momiji's 2P and basically any quick lows or true mids that are fast to poke them up, 2p is best for against walls and 2K I think is better when you need something with more reach, and her 1P is useful too

6H+K doesn't track but it's a mid kick and 214P+K tracks as her mid punch GB

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
214P+K on block is like her only real frametrap in the game lol. It's +6 on GB.

Yeah 6H+K has awesome reach, 2.46m.

Another move that has great reach is 1PK . It can hit as far back as 3.45m and even if that K is blocked, it's not throw punishable.
Yeah but anything that leaves her + will help her which is why I think her two GBs are good. I think 1P would have been good if they would have not gave it tip range properties but I think that's to balance it's reach. Momiji has great reach overall so you can always space and zone with her since she's great from a distance tbh

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Don't know if anyone has said it before but I just realized Momiji has another hidden fatal stun xD idk why someone would try to do a low against it but if the foe is doing a low crouch attack on CH, her :P::P::P:(:4::P: ) will cause a fatal sit down stun. That's pretty nifty ^.^

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD