Final Round Festivities (blog entry)

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
This is my blog entry from Final Round & the festivities that took place in my personal point of view. I hope you like it & enjoy. http://xxjdexx.blogspot.com/2014/03/whats-up-j.html

The blog is posted as followed:

"What's up? J.D.E. here bringing you another entry to my blog site. It's been a while since I've used Blogger. This entry will be about the festivities of Final Round 17 and the time that I had along with the others. For the 1st time, I took a van and rode to the Atlanta Airport on my own. It took a heated discussion from my family to get that point since I couldn't get them to drop me off there without any issue. I must say it was thrilling to see how big the airport was and now know what I have to do in order to get on a plane and fly.

Now, with the transportation issue out of the way, off to the tournament festivities. I housed with Fred Campbell, Sweet Revenge, Requiem, Immerwolf, Awesmic (Friday night) and Gruff. I met up with most of them them later on at the venue. Before then, I met up with Chosen One, Shin Blanka, Big E, Immerwolf, Allan Paris, Chris Bahn, Vandy, MMA Boss, Yoyo, Akuma SODMG, Awesmic, Rip, Juss2Nyce, and Rhythmik. We all went to the DOA casual set ups to get some casuals before the tournament started. Soon, I met up with the others that I housed with along with Mr.Kwiggle and Sonic Fox offline for the first time. I was already friends with them both and would spar with them normally online from time to time. Soon, the tournament itself started.

Characters Played:
Kasumi, the only character that was played in this event.

Last year, I didn't have the right mindset. My mindset was making top 25 and showcasing 2 characters because I liked them both. I learned the hard way that I should have focused on Kasumi and no one else. That was me being hard-headed. I didn't listen to Allan Paris and HajinShinobi when they both said focus on "subbing Ayane" instead of playing both. This time, I had the mindset of "winning with my main character and do what got me to this point". This was the same mindset for KiT14. The first match that I had was with CPT Toushiro in Pool 4. He is also a Kasumi player. I ended up winning against him however. My next match, I would end up losing to Allan Paris in the first and second match (second match was to get into top 8), but beat Yoyo and Akuma. In the end, I placed 9th overall in the tournament. I was very content with the way that I performed, knowing that I missed top 8, almost placing in it again from KiT14 (placed 5th), but lost to a veteran Kasumi player in the game. Great games to all competitors!

DOA's Top 8
1. SweetRevenge
2. MC Kwiggles
3. Sonic Fox
4. AFD Requiem
5. Chosen 1
5. Awesmic
7.Allan Paris
7. Gruff

It was great to watch the Top 8 battle especially because I know them all personally and they're all great friends. It was also great to hear Fred Campbell, Requiem, Sweet Revenge, and Allan Paris commentate on stream when watching the archives. I appreciate the shout on stream also by Allan and Fred. The matches were great. The matches that I enjoyed the most were Awesmic vs Requiem, Chosen 1 vs Sweet Revenge, and Sweet Revenge vs Mr. Kwiggle. In the end, Sweet Revenge and Gen Fu took the tournament for the fourth consecutive time. I briefly ran into Perfect Legend, getting ready to play Injustice. It was good seeing him out at a tournament since I haven't seen him in a while. In between the events I would stop to get some necklaces as souvenir. I got my niece an Ayane necklace since she likes her. Fun fact here is I also play Ayane and every time that I do, she wants me to keep playing her. You already know that I had to get me a Sailor Mars and a Kasumi necklace. I got my little cousin a Sailor Moon necklace. Shout to the 2 people at the booth who made them. I also ran into sick Chun-Li cosplayer. I wish I would have taken a picture with her, but I was too busy running all over the place with my team. So, shout out to her as well.

Afterwards, some of us (Gruff, Kwiggle, Sweet Revenge, Requiem, Awesmic, Akuma, Immerwolf, Chosen 1, and myself) hung out playing casuals and then went to the Pitbox and ate. Then, we hung out at the venue a little bit longer before pulling out with Awesmic and Requiem back to Fred's house. On the next day, it was another chill day. We hung around the venue all day and night long, playing casuals in E-Dog's room, and watching other tournaments go on (chilled with Allan Paris and a few of his CORN members). Fred and Sweet Revenge are hilarious in the same room. They need to have their own comedy show. I don't think there was a time of each day when they were together that they didn't have me laughing. Even on the day that I arrived at the venue, when I was on the phone, they had me laughing.

On the final day, Awesmic came over for some casuals before going to the bowling alley. Once again, Fred and Sweet Revenge had a comedy episode while we were there bowling and having fun. Sweet Revenge, Immerwolf, and my pops would enjoy bowling together since all 3 of them can throw a Brooklyn ball. Afterwards, because I was short on time, I split up with Immerwolf, saying my goodbyes to the guys that I stayed with. Once I got to the venue, I went and hollered at a few more people before heading back home.

Thank you guys for a great time and thank you Shin Blanka for running a great event! Shout outs to everybody that I had a chance to kick it with. I hope to do it again soon as well as play at a consistent level in tournaments. There's always room for improvement. See you all soon!"

1978755_10203684653979484_901576844_n.jpg

1904033_10203684650619400_1675975771_n.jpg

1383025_10203684650699402_1520899304_n.jpg
1979742_10152108832893138_1174423033_n.jpg

1975261_10152108832923138_1559831782_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Cpt Toushiro

JDE pushed my shit in so hard lol. I really have to thank him and the rest of the guys in the room on Saturday that I got to play casuals with. Really helped me to level up and improve my game.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
JDE pushed my shit in so hard lol. I really have to thank him and the rest of the guys in the room on Saturday that I got to play casuals with. Really helped me to level up and improve my game.
Lol good games man. Let me know if you need anything & I can see if I can help you out bro.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD