Hate (not too much) DOA6

Roobaca

So my win ratio decreased from 75% from DOA 5 to a 60% and I genuinely feel sad about it because I considered myself as a good player (not pro or something like that). But I cant deal with this doa6 non sense, people are getting lazy with holds to only perform break holds, people using SS when they do a safe move so I get punished for trying to make a move instead of just blocking? Ok?, break blows that act as sabakis so dont apply to much pressure or if u do be careful with break holds and raw Break blows at least on 5 I saw that shit coming and I could hold it or be punished if my opponent canceled it.

This game is so friendly to new players its retarded

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Thank u for reading my small rant of the day and see u all when lobbys drop.

Last edited:

RayBellion

This game is so friendly to new players its retarded

Hm, are you sure? I watched some streams and tournaments and it appeared to me that some players win consistently and they do show quite a few clever mix-ups and use a wide variety of moves. Skill is definitely still a requirement and it shows.

I agree that the game allows even noobs more spectacular moments than before, but it is not enough by far to neutralize a better player. Being more new player friendly in itself is not bad at all. IMHO the mechanics are neither reduced nor superflous, but just changed (for example more focus on neutral game). One has to adapt and to find new antidotes.

Roobaca

Yeah i agree its focused more on a neutral game but I consider myself as a very aggresive player and I didn't focus a lot on blocking or neutral game back in 5 but more on applying pressure so I think thats why I am having trouble with the mechanics. I have to be more careful now but I cant change that from one day to another

(im still not complaining about new players even though my original post may sound like that)

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Yeah i agree its focused more on a neutral game but I consider myself as a very aggresive player and I didn't focus a lot on blocking or neutral game back in 5 but more on applying pressure
I see... Are you one of the ones that panic and low hold to try and get out of combos after Lisa crushes your blind aggression, or do you opt for the wild hold method of trying to luck your way out of damage?

Jk jk.

But yeah learn to block more and listen to what your opponent likes to do. SSA is unsafe on block and usually predictable. It's fairly easy to bait it out of people who think they can lean on it in this game. BH and BB as well though BB is a guard break and I will often throw it out on block at the end of a match because people for some reason always push buttons after it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD