Help Me Fix My Game. Completely Broken

Diegomain

My game worked fine for over a month and now causes frame drops and is completely broken when I go online. I did not do anything to change the settings of the game it just stopped working after a match.
I have linked an image of my pc information and a video to my problem.
I have restarted my pc, uninstalled and reinstalled the game DoA6. Updated windows, reset my router, uninstalled and reinstalled graphics settings for my AMD. Pretty much everything I can think of and I can't fix it. It's been like this for over 12 hours now and driving me crazy.
The linked video shows training mode and replay mode graphics working but slight frame drops, then you see go online and see how it's completely broken. Please help.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    380.6 KB · Views: 199
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    370.7 KB · Views: 164
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    398 KB · Views: 223
  • Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    20.4 KB · Views: 246

Diegomain

It's an offical new feature
https://teamninja-studio.com/doa6/us/update.html
"- For the PC version of the game, added a feature to alter graphics settings automatically only during online matches to prevent processing delays."

I have an I-7 and a RX570. This makes the game unplayable. I guess I quit because I can't upgrade my pc. This is way stronger than a PS4. I don't get it.

ninemil

Standard Donor
I've seen several posts today from people complaining that their machine is resolution scaling online, when it shouldn't be. A couple of RX570's, (one might be you?) one with a 470, and several with 1060's.

It's increasingly likely something is fubar with their selection of which machines to scale. Whether it's doing it based on raw specification, (which Windows often doesn't transmit correctly,) or actually bothering to sample avg FPS, is the big question.

Plus, if it's scaling people, (regardless of whether the client in question should be, or not,) and that process is screwing with their framerate and making it worse than it was before, TN need to take a long, hard look at their code.

FPS is supposed to increase when you negative scale, not get worse o_0

Diegomain

Thanks for replying @ninemil and @v1ltt1. I suppose I just wait now and see what happens. I know AMD cards have a problem on the stage lost paradise so maybe this update doesn't work with AMD cards. Seems crazy but I don't know what to think.

Dang bois, I just wanna play some of the best fighting game ever DoA but can't!:eek:

Architect

Have you tried a System Restore to when it worked and does the Event Viewer (Application or System) have show errors/warnings when the issue occurs?

Diegomain

Have you tried a System Restore to when it worked and does the Event Viewer (Application or System) have show errors/warnings when the issue occurs?

The Event Viewer is clean of problems and says everything is normal. However I didn't try a System Restore because I manually chose not to save store points since I only use my PC for light web browsing an gaming I never have problems. Until today... lol. I might try a full system restore but that seems a bit much since this is a new "feature" apparently.

Diegomain

I found a fix for anyone who has the same problem. Turn OFF Chill fps and turn on Frame Rate Target Control to 60FPS even if you can do more. This won't fix the graphics they will still look like PS2. However it will make it 100% playable with no more taring or FPS drops.

This feature is not good in my opinion since it effects me in a negative way, however I am glad I can finally play the game again.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD