Hitomi's Punch Parry

Raansu

not to mention they're all mid punches, which is depressing as fuck. They should change 66h+k to a minor advantage guard break, considering how long it is. If kids wanna bitch about it being OP (Leifangs 6h+k crushes better, is faster, does more damage, ground bounces as well, AND guard breaks for advantage. It wouldn't be so bad to give Hitomi a better one, considering that she's only got a punch parry while Lei can parry damn near everything... emphasis on damn near) they'll have to deal with it. There's so much disbalance between that shit. It's like the idea of utility vs damage isn't even in the equation.

I don't get why they made this move so unsafe. It was great in DoA4. Ground bounced and was safe on block.

Well she doesn't get a free combo off of it thank god... but it's still ridiculous.

No, but she still gets a free stun out of it, and the throw after the parry gives a guaranteed feint stun. Either way you're fucked.

HiguraShiki

Leifang isn't stupid. You guys are just jealous that she got S Tier taunts. I mean cmon 4 taunts! 1 taunt can be combo'd into another taunt! Who the hell has that? Wait... damn she does have everything >_<

phoenix1985gr

I agree that Lei fang is excellent in this game, but i dont think we should want her and any other character to be trashier, but instead every character should be on her level... I always played leifang since the first doa, and always will, but shes never felt more "right" and devastating i beleive that all characters should be around the same level as her, and not that she or jahn or kokoro or whoever else at the level of hitomi or zack etc...

Kokomi

The only problem I have with Hitomi's punch parry is that it doesn't have a guaranteed follow up.

Just wondering, does this mean her punch parry does not provide an option for players for mix ups?
Wouldn't that render Hitomi's punch parry completely useless in a sense?

Since we're talking about her punch parry, I had the need to ask this,

Under what circumstances should we use Hitomi's punch parry? What's the purpose of using the tool? Compared to her advanced holds and her basic punch holds, is her punch parry extremely lackluster? Are her parries completely useless during online matches due to the delays caused by lags? And lastly, how the *beep* do you pull of her punch parries Q_Q, because I have no luck doing so T_T. It never works for me.

Raansu

Just wondering, does this mean her punch parry does not provide an option for players for mix ups?
Wouldn't that render Hitomi's punch parry completely useless in a sense?

Since we're talking about her punch parry, I had the need to ask this,

Under what circumstances should we use Hitomi's punch parry? What's the purpose of using the tool? Compared to her advanced holds and her basic punch holds, is her punch parry extremely lackluster? Are her parries completely useless during online matches due to the delays caused by lags? And lastly, how the *beep* do you pull of her punch parries Q_Q, because I have no luck doing so T_T. It never works for me.

You should be using it all the time since it stops all high and mid punch's. All AW was saying was that it's annoying that Hitomi only gets +7 out of it meaning you can just block any follow up and pretty much everything Hitomi does leaves her at negative on block while a character like Leifang gets a tool that was originally unique to only Hitomi and Leifang gets a guaranteed follow up after a punch parry. It's just one of the many jacked up situations in the game and how balance is just all over the place.

Kokomi

You should be using it all the time since it stops all high and mid punch's. All AW was saying was that it's annoying that Hitomi only gets +7 out of it meaning you can just block any follow up and pretty much everything Hitomi does leaves her at negative on block while a character like Leifang gets a tool that was originally unique to only Hitomi and Leifang gets a guaranteed follow up after a punch parry. It's just one of the many jacked up situations in the game and how balance is just all over the place.

Doesn't that pretty much render her parry useless though? Aside from stopping mid - high punches, it's not really reliable against opponents who keeps you on a constant guessing game. What I understand from your post is that it seems like there's no way go about her parry because everything can be blocked still, so the only option I can think of is to throw out a hi-counter throw.

Chaos

Doesn't that pretty much render her parry useless though? Aside from stopping mid - high punches, it's not really reliable against opponents who keeps you on a constant guessing game. What I understand from your post is that it seems like there's no way go about her parry because everything can be blocked still, so the only option I can think of is to throw out a hi-counter throw.
It's useful to a certain extent and it kind of eliminates the guessing a little bit.

Raansu

It's not useless as it still gives frame advantage and again, it completely stops all high and mid punches. That significantly limits your opponents offense in neutral. It's still a great tool that leaves you at +7, it's just you have no real follow up after the parry. So while yes, you are at +7, the whole situation just creates more mix ups so it can be irritating at times. It would be nice if she got a guaranteed stun out of it like Leifang does, but it is what it is. Leifang is Shimbori's love child though so that's pretty much why she literally got every tool in the book, including the parry that was unique to Hitomi that is also better than hers... lol (can you tell I'm bitter about that?)

Kokomi

It's not useless as it still gives frame advantage and again, it completely stops all high and mid punches. That significantly limits your opponents offense in neutral. It's still a great tool that leaves you at +7, it's just you have no real follow up after the parry. So while yes, you are at +7, the whole situation just creates more mix ups so it can be irritating at times. It would be nice if she got a guaranteed stun out of it like Leifang does, but it is what it is. Leifang is Shimbori's love child though so that's pretty much why she literally got every tool in the book, including the parry that was unique to Hitomi that is also better than hers... lol (can you tell I'm bitter about that?)

I could, lol. But I didn't know much before I joined DOA5. My very first game was DOA2:Hardcore and then DOA5 because DOA2U-DOA4 was pretty much for Xbox. In fact, I didn't start picking up on Hitomi's holds and parry moves until recently when I realize she can't win out every trade fights with just pokes and punishment. I always had the impression that Hitomi was brutally offensive because I grew up watching PMS Vanessa's Hitomi. But then I realize that was just her style of Hitomi and a huge part of Hitomi's game still revolves around punishing. Seeing how well Vanessa plays her Hitomi just makes me envious.

Raansu

I could, lol. But I didn't know much before I joined DOA5. My very first game was DOA2:Hardcore and then DOA5 because DOA2U-DOA4 was pretty much for Xbox. In fact, I didn't start picking up on Hitomi's holds and parry moves until recently when I realize she can't win out every trade fights with just pokes and punishment. I always had the impression that Hitomi was brutally offensive because I grew up watching PMS Vanessa's Hitomi. But then I realize that was just her style of Hitomi and a huge part of Hitomi's game still revolves around punishing. Seeing how well Vanessa plays her Hitomi just makes me envious.

She was in DoA3.1 and in DoA2U since they straight up copied her frame data from DoA3. She got butchered in DoA4 due to system changes and in DoA5 they didn't really do anything to fix her so she still plays that DoA4 crap. It's why most Hitomi players don't use her anymore. Her only saving grace is she hits hard (especially her wall damage) and that she has very good whiff punishment/tracking attacks. If it wasn't for that she would be unplayable, and even then, she has to work a lot harder, especially if a player has moderately good defense at neutral as she lacks any real good tools to straight up open you up.

Randy Chhun

For me, the best way to play with hitomi is Pressure, bait, and punish. Her 6pk, cancel into 7pk is a good pressure tool. Also for some reason, a few people will think you throw out her sweep at the end of those strings even if you haven't done so. Another good follow up for 6pk on counter hit is 9pk.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD