How do you deal with spammers?

Rapham0n

I'm having a really tough time against people who use really fast characters and just keep spamming strikes like crazy. They do mix their moves up (high, low and mid, punches and kicks), but they completely refuse to attempt a hold or a block the entire time and just keep spamming attacks at me no matter what I do. It doesn't matter how hard I try to condition these players to go for a hold or block attempt in order to get my throw game going. They are just completely stubborn and flat out refuse to ever go for a hold or block because they know I'm trying to get my throws in. Any tips on how to deal with opponents like that?

Raansu

Spam back. People like that you can't fight "logically" and nine times out of ten they don't know what the block button is.

Mestizo

Standard Donor
Been working on this for a while myself. You need to watch the other characters and learn their movement patterns and tendancies, secondly you need to watch your opponent and their tendancies. Tina's holds HURT so when you can land them it can change a game and equal the damage you just took. 3P is another useful tool to interrupt strikes and such.

Also you need to learn what moves of diff characrters are unsafe and that on block, you can strike back. I like 6PK, PKP, PKK, and 6PPK are my faves. Once in, work Tina's combos with pauses to work the stun game and watch for holds, they are your godsend. When they pump out a hold whip out the MDT or if they low hold like pusses Tiger drive em which will take out almost half their life with a single hold. Do that a bit and they will stop holding then strike back, stun em, launch em and make the most of those launches. When tina gets her strikes in, no longer harassed by holds, a good combo from tina can easily take 50% of their life.

Tinas throws are boss but her strike game can hang with the best, but it aint easy, look up xxxdakillahxxx on youtube and watch his strike game, poetry in motion. Mix that with a strong MDT and tiger drive and tina can be on a whole other level. You just cant use her with the mentality used with other characters.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD