Characters How to do those move/string quickly and efficiently?

Low-pitched_Ala

I have a hard time doing those move below, can someone tell me how to do those quickly and efficiently?

1. Shingyoso-Ongyoin: actually is the first part of this string, I can't do :3::3::P: efficiently and consistently. Some times i get :3::P: instead of :3::3::P:. But if I do :3::3::K:,I don't have any problem , I mean I don't get:3::K:instead of :3::3::K:,I always get :3::3::K:as I want.

2.shoryu-Tenda: also I can't do the first part of this string consistently especially in a hard combo.:3_::5::4::K:
I end up get:4::K: instead some times. By looking other thread and Master's combo video I know I can use :3::3::4::K: do this , but recently I also found a video by EmperorCow doing this
25385030394_28f5e3d451_b.jpg

So they use :6::3::2::1::4::K:instead, I know EMPEROR COW often prefer use joystick play this game. Is that why the direction is different? What is the most efficient way doing this move use a Dualshock 4 controller? And what is the best way do it use a joystick? Right now,:3::3::4::K: works best for me on my DS4 controller, I have not try it on my joystick,since I usually use DS4.

3.Kabuto-Gari::3_::5::4:T(what is :F: stand for?) I some times get it as:214:T instead of this.

4.:3::P:during this kind of combo: For example,:3::3::P::4::P::P:,:h:,:3::P:,:236::P::+::K::P::P::6842:T
I some times get :3::3::P: instead of :3::P:here(after the H). Why this happen:(.

5. Gunro-Bangoku-Kyaku::3_::5::H+K:, What I do for this move is by using :3::3: quickly and when I see busa is crouching then I released the buttons. Or doing:2::h:quickly and then released the buttons then press:H+K:. But, those way seems not fast enough? SInce if I try do it quicker it some times end up with:3::H+K: or:2::H+K:.

6.Shoho-Izuna: actually I am fine with the Izuna drop, I am just not good at the first part and only when I was in the left side I have some trouble doing this quickly. What I do is use my thumb finger slip the d pad from bottom to the right . I notice when I was in the left side the direction is like this :2::3::6::P+K:, but when I was in the right side which is the side I don't have problem with this move, I found out the direction is like this::2::4::P+K:. On both side I use the same way - thumb finger slip from bottom to the right, but why the direction is different. I think slip finger is quicker than press the button down and Left/right. So I don't know why this happen, how do you execute this move? I found out my way(slip thumb finger from bottom to the right/left is especially easy to get :3::P+K: instead of the Shoho-Izuna in the combo that need me input this quickly.I noticed it will become :2::3::P+K:some times which is the first part of rekku-Utsusemi.

So what is the quickest and most efficient way doing those move. I have joystick and dual shock 4, is there a difference to do those move by different controller?

Last edited:

Lulu

I play on The D-Pad of a 360 controller so I doubt that single solid Piece of plastic will translates well to the Play Station's multipiece D-Pad. So......

1. Shingyoso-Ongyoin: actually is the first part of this string, I can't do :3::3::P: efficiently and consistently. Some times i get :3::P: instead of :3::3::P:. But if I do :3::3::K:,I don't have any problem , I mean I don't get:3::K:instead of :3::3::K:,I always get :3::3::K:as I want.

Whenever I attempt that move sometimes I get :236::P: instead this tends to happen when one of the :2::6::2::6: (this is what actually shows up when you try to :3::3:) isn't registered. This happens when I don't release the D-Pad properly before pressing it again. Perhaps you should make sure you are releasing the input before pushing it down again. Otherwise the game will assume you're holding :3: down continuously.

2.shoryu-Tenda: also I can't do the first part of this string consistently especially in a hard combo.:3_::5::4::K:
I end up get:4::K: instead some times. By looking other thread and Master's combo video I know I can use :3::3::4::K: do this , but recently I also found a video by EmperorCow doing this
25385030394_28f5e3d451_b.jpg

So they use :6::3::2::1::4::K:instead, I know EMPEROR COW often prefer use joystick play this game. Is that why the direction is different? What is the most efficient way doing this move use a Dualshock 4 controller? And what is the best way do it use a joystick? Right now,:3::3::4::K: works best for me on my DS4 controller, I have not try it on my joystick,since I usually use DS4.

I can't do this move in a juggle but in any other situation I can do it just fine. Among many of the "Normal" Commands in DoA, Team Ninja will sneak in crap that doesn't fit well with the rest of the game (Mortal Kombat didn't have this problem, twas mostly conaistent) and thats what :3_::5::4::K: is. It can't be buffered like all the other moves in the game, Ryu must actively Crouch then stand up again otherwise the move just won't work. The fastest way to crouch in DoA is to tap :1: or :3: but only when you're in neutral..... however if you're in the middle of a Juggle or a Combo this method is dropped for something else.... Crouch Dashing (:3::3:).... so because you can buffer normal dashing and crouch dashing in the recovery of some moves therefore you can Crouch as soon as the game would allow. Hence why :3::3: is the prefered method. And finaly you can also hold down :2_: after recovering from any move. Normally :2_: would cause your character to Freestep into the foreground but if you hold down :2_: immediately after doing something, your character will crouch instead.....which brings us to why Emperor Cow uses :6::1::2::3::4:..... I don't use an Arcade Stick so I don't why this works for the Emperor but back in my Thumbstick Days I use to perform that move by rolling the stick into the command the game wants me to perform, in other words to perform Hayabusa's :3_::5::4::K: I would do this :624::K: (the game reads this as :6::3::2::1::4:). I figured one of the :1::2::3: would register as a crouch then the last input would be a :4::K:.... if you time this technique just right as Hayabusa finishes recovering it will allow you to perform :3_::5::4::K: sooner.

Theres no wrong or right way to do this.... pick a method that works for based on your understand of how the game reads your inputs and pray it works..... or just rage quit like I did.

3.Kabuto-Gari::3_::5::4:T(what is :F: stand for?) I some times get it as:214:T instead of this.

This is where my "Rolling" technique I described earlier begins to clash with how the game interprets other commands....... and why I don't play Hayabusa. Try different ways of Crouching into :4::F: perhaps you'l find something that won't get mistaken for :214::F:

4.:3::P:during this kind of combo: For example,:3::3::P::4::P::P:,:h:,:3::P:,:236::P::+::K::P::P::6842:T
I some times get :3::3::P: instead of :3::P:here(after the H). Why this happen:(.

Without seeing how you actually do this combo I don't know why thats happening.....

5. Gunro-Bangoku-Kyaku::3_::5::H+K:, I sometimes get this by :3::H+K: or:2::H+K:. What I do for this move is by using :3::3: quickly and when I see busa is crouching then I released the buttons. Or doing:2::h:quickly and then released the buttons then press:H+K:. But, those way seems not fast enough?
Like I said in #3 Doing these moves as fast as possible depends on the situation..... whenever you in neutral the fastest way of doing it is by tapping :1: or :3: then doing the move.... but if you're in the middle of a combo you'l have to Crouch Dash or using the "Rolling" Technique..... Technically the rolling technique doesn't work here because Move has no directional input.

UpSideDownGRUNT

For the while rising moves use :2::h: But only tap it once otherwise it wont work.

Example:2::h: :5: :H+K: For the tornado kick
Just practice various ways and see which is better for you I personally find 2H the best for WR moves and can get them out consistently using that method.

WAZAAAAA

Somewhere in some changelog, it was mentioned that Hayabusa's 33P/3P had some input detection issue, maybe it's still true to this day. I experience this too.

The rest of the moves you mention are while-rising ones. They are inherently harder to execute because you can't buffer them. You can only buffer the crouching forward dash part, or execute some move that leaves you crouching beforehand (like 2P).

About the last one, which is still a while-rising one: it's technically the hardest one to execute, because the game wants you to be neutral, AKA not pressing any direction (that matters) for a few frames before pressing H+K. As a side note, I just noticed something weird: if I'm holding 2 while crouching, on the next frame I release 2 and press 4H+K, 2H+K will be executed. If I wait one frame before doing 4H+K, 4H+K will happen. Same applies to P+K. Tested the same stuff with Jann Lee, and he was not affected by this!

TL;DR
It's hard. Buffer crouch dashes.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD