How to implement backstance

TRI Mike

I was a Helena player during all DOA4 so naturally I'm used to using a blonde chick giving her back to foes so I've been trying to mess around with Tina's new BT moves. 7K is an i11 mid kick that can interrupt a shit ton of crap and when mixed with 7P, a high punch people seem to get nervous and hold, that's where we use T or 8T for some stron throws. Besides, 7PP and K both give unholdable stuns so she can follow up with 6H+K for a ground throw or +22 forced tech or just try and go for CB.

How do you use BT with Tina¿ is it wrong staying on it for a couple seconds or should I avoid being on it for a while¿ Discuss.

RubinRoon

7k is great of course. I also like to use p+k, which leads into ground throw or force tech plus you are at advantage if blocked, it cannot be held only parried and you can cancel it. It is kinda slow, though. I only use it, if my opponent is scared.

What i would like to know is; how do you go into BT? 44p is the best if close i guess, but do you use BT midscreen at all or is it pointless?
I like to bait with midscreen BT, i feel it is very gimmicky, though.

TRI Mike

Indeed it is. You have to understand that Tina's BT isn't Helena's or Ayane's though. She's not suppose to stay there forever.

RubinRoon

Sure, hers is supposed to extend combos i guess, not really to use it in NG. But what I like to do midscreen sometimes is 4k then backdash out of BT. Tina moves slightly forward during 4k, but the backdash covers more space. People often try to whiffpunish 4k, but whiff themselves due to the backdash.

That is one way i try to force my opponent to make mistakes. It is quite risky, i admit.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD